No announcement yet.

2017 Football contest: Attn: Jeff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. There are many good points raised, and many options. The goal is to not make this a nightmare to manage for Jeff.

Here is what I propose, but of course I am not trying to control this only offer what I think is a reasonable couple of options:

1 If the contest is sponsored fine, Only let people with join dates before 7-1-17 enter, or maybe even require a full year with over 100 post or something.
    2. If a buy in, Make everyone get money orders and mail them to Jeffs PO Box with a deadline 3-5 days prior to the first game.
    3. I like upping the fee to $50 to attract more serious players, and possibly more traffic. I think Khandor is correct. Why are we getting 70+ in the Mock Hilton and 25-27 in the other two. The entry fee is too low, and we wait too long to get the rules and the event posted. In reality all of this stuff should be posted now and $$ going in

Comment

Bama,

Why would Jeff want to limit the entrants to his sponsored NFL and College GOW contests? Traffic to the site is his lifeblood. Free contests and lots of entrants are great for sites.

The Mock Hilton can be the paid entry contest - if we can figure out how to handle payments easily for Jeff. Not sure he would want 100 money orders pouring into his mailbox that he would then have to sign and deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
        I know of a few other mock Hilton contests around also if anyone wants some info.
        If we don't have one here, where are the other ones woodee? I know one that offers a free entry with a $1,000 winner takes all prize. Not too exciting but still fun to play and make your 5 picks and see how you do.

And I know another one that has a $200 entry.

I won't mention names at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Bettorsworld View Post
          Hey everyone,

Hope your summers are going well.......

The biggest issue with the pay pal is that my pay pal account is a business account and the contests kinda mess me up come tax time. Especially since a contest
          like the Hilton doesn't pay out until Feb. It just makes it more difficult to do the books and my accountant wants to strangle me.

We could use Venmo. Ever hear of it? You can use a debit card or bank account, to send
          money. Venmo is owned by Pay pal.

Let me know if you want to go that route and I'll sign up for an account right away. (Everyone else would have to sign up as well I guess)

Jeff
          Venmo is very easy. Works well Web and Mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by hamburger View Post
            Whatever we need to do to eliminate the hassle for you that you described with Accounting I'm very confident that ALL longtime participants of The Mock Hilton Contest will be totally fine with doing. Easy to understand, the hassles that get made for you and the massive Support you've given us for so long is appreciated. Vemeo or whatever, Money Order or Check thru mail, whatever is OK by me I just hope we can have that contest again this year cuz I have others I've told about it who wanna take part, I certainly do and many others here the same.
            Hamburger very nice to see you good Sir

Joliet Jake also say's Hi.

Comment

Want to add a PRO FOOTBALL SUICIDE CONTEST as well?

That one is easy to monitor as you would have your own ID with say a well known television sports website and enter your picks as long as you survive?

Thoughts/comments

Jeff, you can kick me later!

Howdy gang! Been a busy spring and summer. I'll catch up with you all later.

Comment

Count me in for college game of the week. Really awesome of Jeff to offer to sponsor this year too!

Comment

If you have a checking account Venmo is by far the easiest to use. We have been using it to transfer fantasy football
                  dues to the commissioner each year.
                  I personally am forever banned from PayPal due to one of my tenants trying to pay his rent through their site and PayPal thinking he was "trying to launder funds." I hate PayPal.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                    Want to add a PRO FOOTBALL SUICIDE CONTEST as well?

That one is easy to monitor as you would have your own ID with say a well known television sports website and enter your picks as long as you survive?

Thoughts/comments

Jeff, you can kick me later!

Howdy gang! Been a busy spring and summer. I'll catch up with you all later.
                    I'd definitely be down for a suicide contest.

Comment

I agree with Widestrides. If Jeff is willing to put up the cash for a free contest it will bring out more who will make pics. Like I said earlier, I am down either way but why keep people who want in out? We have three weeks to get it all together. I mean in the case of the college contests, we really don't get many in with the payment option anyhow. I think we will get new people who could be really good but are scared to put up their card for a contest they are unsure of..Again, just my two cents..Lets do it either way!!...

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
                        I agree with Widestrides. If Jeff is willing to put up the cash for a free contest it will bring out more who will make pics. Like I said earlier, I am down either way but why keep people who want in out? We have three weeks to get it all together. I mean in the case of the college contests, we really don't get many in with the payment option anyhow. I think we will get new people who could be really good but are scared to put up their card for a contest they are unsure of..Again, just my two cents..Lets do it either way!!...
                        ROLL TIDE

Comment

Visit this new thread to see the latest on the Mock Hilton Contest: http://www.bettorsworld.com/web/foru...d=1#post212440

Comment

Working...
                          X