Baseball picks and tips--second half of season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball picks and tips--second half of season

Will post all plays and thoughts here for the 2nd half.

Feel free to chime in if you see something that you like on the diamond.

Grounded in the first half to a slight profit but nothing too great. As always, baseball is tough and streaky.

Sunday night.

Yanks +127 over Red Sox. Game 2 of dh. Sox bats are quiet and I like fading price as he's overrated.

Cubs just got a lot better with this new Pitcher from the White Sox.

Kid pitched 3 a hitter shut out through 7 innings for the Cubs.

A player to watch for St Louis is a new rookie just called up June 15th by the name of Paul DeJong. In a game I was at this weekend in St Louis Dejong went 4 for 4 with a homer and 3 doubles while batting 8th. In a 4-1 win vs the mets..

Comment

Yeah. I feel like the Cubs are going to get very hot now and run away with it as the Brewers fall back down.

Love DeJong and the young guys. Cards need
      to let them play but I think management may be holding a few back for future trade purposes. Sneaky biz overall in mlb as these kids can play. Sierra has hit in all 9 games he's been up but they keep sending him down. Matheny is getting the heat but the decisions are coming from the top.

Monday.

Philly + 141 over Miami

Cards +104 over mets

Giants +115 over Indians

Braves +142 over Cubs

Also, price was far from overrated last night!
      0-1 so far after yanks lost.

Comment

Forgot one--

A's -105 over rays

Comment

Terrible night. All pretty close games decided by 1 run with the exception of the giants who lost by 2.
          1-4. I actually played the Cubs but posted the Braves for some reason as I noted them getting hot above that.

1-5 to start the second half.

Onward.

Comment

Wednesday--Missed the cubs on the early start but they have won 5 in a row.

Night games--

Cards +145 over Mets--Live dog here as cards are playing well too.

Tigers/Royals OVER 9.5 (-125)

Nats -109 over Angels

Orioles -140 over Rangers

Jays +124 over Red Sox

Dbacks/Dodgers PARLAY

Comment

Woodee12

Cubs found a spark we talked a bit about that trades can do that some time to a roster.

Cards I can't figure them out. I will tell you the Coach I am not impressed with. I watched him run the cards out of 3 scoring opportunities.

On one occasion they sent Molina to steal a base with a man on 3 with one out for no reason and of course he was gunned down by 3 steps. And the batter of course struck out for a double play.

You think his hands are tied from the front office (Cards Manager) ? The Cards have the talent but not the Leadership and fire to make it

Comment

Bullpne blows it for cards today..Always something. I think they are all to blame on different days. Think its time to sell this year myself. Deal Lynn now while he has value. He's gone next year anyway.

Thursday--

Padres +173 over Giants---Bumgardner is still working his way back to form. Good value here.

Royals -102 over Tigers

Dodgers/Seattle +1.5 Parlay

Rangers -105 over Orioles

Comment

2 outs runner at third for the mets- A soft hit ball Pitcher looks at the play for 2 seconds before realizing he has to cover first. Runner beats him to the bag Mets Win- Fricking Incredible.

Comment

Yeah. That's the kind of stuff they've been doing all year. Playing extremely tight and that's on matheny.

Friday.

Gotta take the HUGE value here with the cards and Martinez at +134.
                    He's usually a fav and to get this price vs Arrieta is crazy. Cards suck but you have to take a shot.
                    May be rained out anyway...

Comment

Hit the pads as the big dog yesterday but other than that my picks are performing like the cardinals lately.

Will get hit tho as I'm see the ball well right now in bases.

Comment

Great call Partner on the Value of the Cards Pick- Trailed you 100%. Cards explode for 9 runs down 3-2 in the top of the 8th to win 11-4.

Interesting Stat- In the 8th inning the Cubs combined pitching staff threw 62 pitches in one inning. This has got to take a toll on the Cubs bull pen which is not that good to begin with.

I am going to roll with the Cards to win again- Just the spark they need as a team. Nothing is better as a Baseball Team to bat around to build confidence.

Comment

Rolling with the cards again today as well.

Just got them at +144.

Lester and wainwright can both blow up so I will take the value with the dog who has the momentum.

Go cards!

Comment

Also on;

Padres +124 over Giants
                            Yanks -136 over Seattle
                            Philly +117 over Brewers
                            Rangers +170 over Rays
                            Tigers +107 over twins.

It's the time of year when bad teams quit before call ups and pretenders fall.
                            See Giants and Brewers.

AL east

Comment

Cards blew it again yesterday.
                              Matheny too waino out and bullpen lost it.

PlayingCards one more time as a dog tonight on Sunday night baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X