Mock Hilton/Westgate Super Contest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Hilton/Westgate Super Contest?

I understand that Jeff and Bettorsworld is sponsoring the both the College and Pro Football weekly contest. THANKS JEFF!!

I haven't scrolled through to see if the annual Mock Super Contest is still going to happen?

I am interest in participating.

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
    I understand that Jeff and Bettorsworld is sponsoring the both the College and Pro Football weekly contest. THANKS JEFF!!

I haven't scrolled through to see if the annual Mock Super Contest is still going to happen?

I am interest in participating.
    Not sure what to tell you Tax Man regarding the Mock Hilton NFL Super contest.

A Staple contest here at Bettors World seems to be in Jeopardy danger of loss, harm, or failure.

The main issue as I understand it is the complexity to accept payments (Pay pal is out). There is also equal weight of finding an administrator to
    run the contest. Jeff has opined on this earlier.

We need a work around with all members here at Bettors World to bring our combined talent together to make this happen.

Make no mistake about it. This contest draws the best in the world to play. They come from all over the world to join just ask our sharks where
    they are from and you might be surprised. Yes this is contest has the attention of many.

Some How some way The Mock Hilton Year 7 has got to live for another year.

Comment

Just send money orders or certified checks??

Comment

There has to be solution to send online payments? I'm in the UK and I don't know what a check (or as we say cheque) or money order is!

Comment

LEAGUE SAFE

https://www.leaguesafe.com/HowItWorks

LeagueSafe was designed and launched in 2008 to provide not just the convenience and safety of paying
          fantasy league dues online, but also the security of knowing your league dues will be paid out at the end
          of the season. With LeagueSafe, your league funds are held safely all season long. Nobody, not even the commissioner,
          has access to the funds until the end of the season. You can be sure your league payouts are paid in accordance
          with your league rules with our first-of-its-kind "Majority Vote" security feature. LeagueSafe is ideal for all
          fantasy leagues for many reasons, and it's the gold standard if you play in a league of strangers or a league
          in which you don't know or trust the league commissioner.

League members pay their dues using one of our convenient and 100 percent safe and secure online payment options.
          LeagueSafe can be used from start to finish without incurring fees of any kind, and we don't remove a single cent
          from the league balance - 100% of every league's entry fees are paid out to winners at the end of the season.
          League commissioners can allocate payouts within hours of the end of the season, and owners can receive their
          winnings immediately using one of several instant payout delivery options. LeagueSafe is the trusted resource for
          managing and protecting your league's entry fees.

Comment

It seems to be up to Jeff's Accountant as accepting all that PayPal money creates some accounting problems for him. Sounds like we need an escrow service like League Safe that Dinger recommends, although they will take a piece of the pie. Or Jeff mentioned Venmo, which is like PayPal but maybe does not create the accounting problem that PayPal does.

Comment

We also need someone to run the contest. It is very time consuming. I am running one at my office, and with just 12 people playing, it takes a lot of time.

I am also in with a group of 4 other guys in the Real Westgate contest. This will be my first time in the real thing. Looking forward to it.

Hopefully someone will step up and solve these issues. I hate to see the BW Mock Hilton/Westgate contest die like this.

Comment

Monroe Eaford has run the Mock Hilton very efficiently for years. I hadn't heard that he wasn't up for it this year, so I think we are good as far as that goes. Just need to work out the payment system.

Comment

Hope this happens. Gotta make my yearly donation.

Comment

Guys - I think league safe is the way to go.

Here's a couple of links/opinions

https://forums.footballguys.com/foru...the-real-cost/

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfoot...afe_or_paypal/

http://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.c...13329&start=15

It solves the problems on my end.

Let me know.

In the past, we have started promoting the contest in July. We are way behind. So, expect a lower turnout. But it's essential that we make a decision immediately.

Jeff

Comment

LeagueSafe will be good. Just requires some little effort on our part to sign up. I just signed up. Takes 60 seconds. You can use your Google email to sign up.

They don't even take a % of the pot.
                      They just make some money when they charge your credit card - 3%, and $3 to send you a Check if you win.

Looks like they don't take PayPal or Bitcoin. Just credit or debit card.

I say set it up Jeff and send an email to everyone on your Bettorsworld email list who has played any contest before.

We can then start promoting to our friends.

The Boys can help promote from above!

Comment

I've signed up to leaguesafe and it works for international customers - took 60 seconds. Cool!

Comment

Just signed up at League safe

Carpet
                          Joliet Jake
                          Corn Picker

Comment

OK, I signed up. It seems that if The Commissioner(Jeff) signs up and then sends an e mail invite to each of the members, we'll get $10 added to the pot for each signup? Am I reading that wrong? Maybe some free added prize money?

Comment

Originally posted by The Guesser View Post
                              OK, I signed up. It seems that if The Commissioner(Jeff) signs up and then sends an e mail invite to each of the members, we'll get $10 added to the pot for each signup? Am I reading that wrong? Maybe some free added prize money?
                              I think the $10 only comes if the person you sign up starts a league.

Comment

Working...
                              X