No announcement yet.

Mock Hilton/Westgate Super Contest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upon further review.......I don't think this will work.

Our contest does not fit into the definition of "fantasy sports".

There's a good chance we'd get a couple weeks into the contest and then potentially have a problem.....

Comment

Venmo is pretty easy. The only downside is non US players, if we have any, can't use it. Maybe those outside US could send Checks to Jeff, or someone can act as a go between, get paypaled the money by international users, and then venmo the money to Jeff? I'd be willing to do that, but one drawback is I won't be available for that after Sept 4, as I'm going into the hospital for a few days. Also, is Monroe still willing to to the scoring? Haven't seen him around? Hope we can somehow get it together and continue this long standing tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Bettorsworld View Post
        upon further review.......I don't think this will work.

Our contest does not fit into the definition of "fantasy sports".

There's a good chance we'd get a couple weeks into the contest and then potentially have a problem.....
        To many winning our picks each week is a Fantasy so We qualify

Comment

Points awarded based on the statistics (final score) of the game? Sounds like fantasy sports to me....

Comment

what about this, http://legacy.contestgeneral.com/pickem.php . Not looked into if they charge fees or anything, just seen it from other contests.

Comment

Originally posted by winandwin View Post
              what about this, http://legacy.contestgeneral.com/pickem.php . Not looked into if they charge fees or anything, just seen it from other contests.
              They charge fees. They also don't hold $$$$. It seems we don't need a site to house the contest. Doing it here works out fine, as long as someone is willing to score it like Monroe has done. We just need an effective, easy way to get the money to Jeff.

Comment

Count me in

Comment

The only logical way to do this is to let a trusted member accept Paypal payment and run the contest. I'll do both if anyone is up for that.

Comment

I trust Dragon to run.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                      The only logical way to do this is to let a trusted member accept Paypal payment and run the contest. I'll do both if anyone is up for that.
                      Yes. This is the way to go. I trust dragon1952. Long time member.

Comment

I am in. Hope it works like last time where it is paypal or credit card, but if only paypal that is fine too. We need to do something if this is going to happen.

Comment

Your table is set Dragon. I am in all in

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                            This deserves Front and Center attention.

Thanks Dragon for Stepping up.

We are dangerously close to losing the Mock Hilton Contest after 7 years. Any thing you can do as a last minute work around is appreciated.

Comment

I'm thinking the way to do this so Paypal doesn't flag my account for a bunch of friend/family payments is to do it as a purchase. Everyone would have to send me $51.80 as a purchase so that with the Paypal fees I would have exactly $50 from each transaction or else everyone just sends $50 even as a purchase and we deduct the fees from the prize pool.

Comment

DRAGON

Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

I have spoke to Jeff. He is good with you running the contest. Here is Jeff's response.

I'm ok with that. Just need to let me know so I can try and promote it.

Jeff

We need to save this contest 7 years running here at Bettors World. It is looking dire at this point.

Dragon your table is set- Monroe Eaford can you do scoring ?

We are so close to a solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X