No announcement yet.

Mock Hilton/Westgate Super Contest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not super confident we're going to have enough entrants to make this worth while but depending on how many we get we can then decide whether or not to continue or refund and say screw it. If you'd like to start a sign-up thread you can have everyone Paypal $51.80 to [email protected] as a purchase so it doesn't attract as much attention as 20 or 30 Paypal to friends/family might.

Comment

Carpet, I am listed as "doubtful" for the contest this year.

Comment

8 scant Days for NFL Kick Off.

The Mock Hilton contest status is deep in doubt to happen.

We are very late in the game to pull this off- I feel the train as left the station.

DRAGON has stepped up to the plate for payments.

MONROE EAFROD- Great score keeper has listed himself as doubtful this year.

It pains me deeply we let the Mock Hilton contest to die after 7 years here. WideStrides has gone to great length to compile historical stats for the Best cappers in this contest.

I have at least 5 people lined up to play this year and all they ask me is what is going on with the contest.

Much to my chagrin it seems this contest is not going to happen.

I lived for this contest in the winter it brought family closer to watch NFL with their picks- Many hours pouring over picks looking at data and talking with fellow members is all going bye-bye. It pains me.

Carpet

Comment

its just a contest

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
            8 scant Days for NFL Kick Off.

The Mock Hilton contest status is deep in doubt to happen.

We are very late in the game to pull this off- I feel the train as left the station.

DRAGON has stepped up to the plate for payments.

MONROE EAFROD- Great score keeper has listed himself as doubtful this year.

It pains me deeply we let the Mock Hilton contest to die after 7 years here. WideStrides has gone to great length to compile historical stats for the Best cappers in this contest.

I have at least 5 people lined up to play this year and all they ask me is what is going on with the contest.

Much to my chagrin it seems this contest is not going to happen.

I lived for this contest in the winter it brought family closer to watch NFL with their picks- Many hours pouring over picks looking at data and talking with fellow members is all going bye-bye. It pains me.

Carpet
            Agree, it was fun.

There is a $200 buy-in one on Rx that woodee and I and some others here have played in.

There is also usually a free one with a $1,000 first place prize on PreGame.

Comment

The Rx Contest is very good. Last Years winner took home $11,000 and some change, I believe. They have an excellent College Contest also, Pick 6 Games per week in that and its just a hundred bucks to get in that one. Sides Only. No Totals in either contest. If I can get permission to post about other contests I know of one other that is lower entry fee than RX's $200...it includes Totals though....I think, anyways. I generally don't take part in LVH/Westgate Style Contests that include Totals.

Comment

That "Vegas Hilton Style" COLLEGE FOOTBALL Contest (Pick Six games weekly Against The Spread) Deadline is TONIGHT Thursday August 31 2017

"Last year's Prize Pool was $6,500. trytrytry emerged as The College SuperContest Champion for 2016 and collected $2600 for his efforts."

I don't know what time today the cutoff to enter is....if you're seeing this late, after Aug 31 but before The Central Week 1 Card goes off SATURDAY Sept 2nd at 9AM Pacific/12 Noon Eastern and you really want in I'd personally ask them over there if theres any way you can be let in.

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=1086348

Comment

The Reason I say if ya wanna get in to that ^^^^ NCAAF Contest but its after Thursday Aug 31 but still before the Saturday games go off it might be worth a try to get in s cuz of whats Bolded below:

Contestants must submit their weekly selections by 10 pm Eastern time each Friday Night.
                  *** ONLY SATURDAY GAMES WILL BE USED *** Any contestant who fails to submit weekly selections by 10:00:59 pm Eastern time on Friday will earn zero points that week. The spreadsheet timestamp will be used to determine a valid entry. This time deadline will be strictly enforced.

7) Weekly Lines will be Posted Each Tuesday Night (we will use 5Dimes Lines)

Worth a shot anyways.....for those that'd like to be in it. Really Exciting and fun Contest.

General Contests Forum at "The Pharmacy": http://www.therxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=289

Comment

"7) Weekly Lines will be Posted Each Tuesday Night (we will use 5Dimes Lines)" doesn't = just 7 Lines to chose from, that was Rule #7 so that 7) was there.

Usually most every (Saturday) game is posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Monroe Eaford View Post
                      its just a contest
                      To some it is just a contest to some it was home every year for the Mock Hilton 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                        To some it is just a contest to some it was home every year for the Mock Hilton 7 years.
                        Sad to see this tradition(temporarily, I hope) end. The RX contests are very well run by JOH. I'm no longer in it as I won't post there anymore, but he's a great guy and runs the contest well. After the one here, it was my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by hamburger View Post
                          The Rx Contest is very good. Last Years winner took home $11,000 and some change, I believe. They have an excellent College Contest also, Pick 6 Games per week in that and its just a hundred bucks to get in that one. Sides Only. No Totals in either contest. If I can get permission to post about other contests I know of one other that is lower entry fee than RX's $200...it includes Totals though....I think, anyways. I generally don't take part in LVH/Westgate Style Contests that include Totals.
                          With no mock hikton i'd be interested in the lesser than 200 one

Comment

Originally posted by The Guesser View Post
                            Sad to see this tradition(temporarily, I hope) end. The RX contests are very well run by JOH. I'm no longer in it as I won't post there anymore, but he's a great guy and runs the contest well. After the one here, it was my favorite.
                            Ain't what it was, ain't the Contest that it was without The Guesser. Get Your Ass Up In There. Were I to Win It then Discover The Guesser wasn't Up In There my victory would be tainted with Sorrow cuz I'd have to live with not having won over The Best.

Comment

Originally posted by hamburger View Post
                              Ain't what it was, ain't the Contest that it was without The Guesser. Get Your Ass Up In There. Were I to Win It then Discover The Guesser wasn't Up In There my victory would be tainted with Sorrow cuz I'd have to live with not having won over The Best.
                              Thanks for the compliment, but never cashed in their contest. Was right in it to the final week a couple of times, but pulled my usual choke job. I'm done with the RX, and you have to be a member to play. But I'll definitely root for a Bettorsworld guy to take the money. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by resteasy View Post
                                With no mock hikton i'd be interested in the lesser than 200 one
                                With Permission.....there is No Forum Involved in his Contest. Once there was....when Sponsorship was Mighty and Joy was on The Land. Its an Old Skool very very Old Skool Guy who runs it he ran Phoenix Sports Forum one of the Original Sports Discussion Forums but nowhere close to as First as Bookie's Hell, which was around well before he made a Forum.

I haven't looked into it that much, there may be Totals involved or maybe not 100% Payout. Some Reason.....https://www.worldseriesofhandicapping.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X