MLB Playoffs picks and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Playoffs picks and Discussion

Love capping the playoffs and have had success over the years compared to the regular season where i seem to grind and barely make a unit!

I will post my plays here and feel free to chime in as you wish.

TUESDAY--

Minnesota +1 (+163) over Yankees....Why not? % dimes offer the +1 option and going to play it over the +230 as insurance for a one run game. +1.5 is even money too but see more value in the +1 at those odds as if the Ynaks win, they will probably win by more than 2 anyway.
    Anything can happen in one game and while the action is somewhat balanced, I don't think I can lay -250 with the Yanks and their young team. More of a value bet than anything as everyone is thinking the Yanks are moving on.

Sooo many trends in Yankees favor.
    72% winning percentage against the Twins over the last 15 years.
    6.43 ERA for Santana @ Yankee stadium.
    Twins with the worst record of any team to qualify for a wild card spot.

Still, I think that is a great way to get the most value if the Twins pull it off.

Comment

Yep--Definitely true and all signs point to the Yanks. Perfect contrarian spot here!

Servino is VERY underrated too for the Yanks but is young.

Comment

The game started out as planned but the yanks priced to be too powerful in the end.

Their bullpen is tough and if starters can get to thru the 5th, I think they will take out the Indians who might have peaked too soon.

I'm looking at Colorado tonight. Back later after ibtajecabloom deeper. Trying not to allow my hatred of Grienke to factor in!

Comment

I can't get a good read n the side but going to play OVER the total.

Buying it to
          OVER 8 (-118) at 5Dimes.

Lean on Arizona -155 too and may make that a small play later if the line keeps dropping. Must be some action on the dog as line has come down despite most of the action on AZ.

Tough call but should be a good one!

0-1 so far in the playoffs wit the loss on Minny last night.

Comment

Easy winner with the over last night.

1-1 YTD

Thursday--

Houston Astros -132 over Red Sox----Getting Sale at a nice dog price seems tempting but Boston is kind of limping in and game 1 in Houston will be crazy and Verlander has te experience edge.

Yanks +131 over Indians---Hoe many times have we seen a wild card team come in and roll...I am betting the Yanks are this team this year. Get a decent match up with Gray against Bauer who is not Kluber. Yanks bats and bullpen win this one.

2 overs so far too and I think you have to look under in the Hou/boston game for sure.

Comment

Friday Early game--

Astros/Red SOx UNDER 8.5 (-125)

Later games--

NATS -150 OVER CUBS

DBACKS +245 OVER DODGERS

YANKS +210 OVER INDIANS

Comment

Clean wrong way sweep yesterday....0-4.

SATURDAY--

NATS -118 OVER CUBS

ARIZONA +134 OVER LAD---LOVE RAY OVER HILL.

lean on both unders too but hard to play an under with all the scoring lately.

Comment

TUESDAY--

NATS +151 OVER CUBS---Way too much value at ths price not to take the Nats here to send it to game 5. Raork is not great but Arrieta shouldn't be this much of a fav either.
                  Going to make this a 2 unit pl with 1 unit on the RL at +1.5 too (-150).

Comment

Sticking with this play.tiday after the rain out.
                    Crusty Baker is sticking with Roark which might be a bad call but sounds like Strasberg is sick....

Lean towards the yanks in the night game too. I will probably make a play on them money line and run line +. Will wait and see. Think it's the only way to look. Like the over too.

Comment

Playing the Nats tonight -105 over the Cubs in game 5.

Comment

TUESDAY--

YANKS -140 OVER STROS IN GAME 4--Pitching match up goes to NYY with Gray over McCullers who hasn't been right since his injury this year. Yanks bats heated up last night and I think they even it u here this afternoon.

Dodgers +100 over Cubs in night game--Cubs are over-matched in this one with pitching. Dodgers Bullpen is too good comapred to cubs that is tired and very bad. Close one that the ddgers pen wins for them late.

Comment

FYI--
                          Astros got STEAMED hard in this afternoon game....I palyed Yanks it at -140 and dropped all the way down to -114 before first pitch!

Comment

World Series game 1

Dodgers -167

Steep price but I think it's worth it. Edge to dodgers with rest and Huge bull pen edge too.

I think Keyshaw comes out with an MVP type of series.

Comment

winner in game 1---

Going with the OVER 7 (-139) in game 2. Hill/Verlander

Lean on Houston.

Comment

Working...
                              X