+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NCAA BASKETBALL

NCAA BASKETBALL

Time to Talk about NCAA Basketball ACC-BIG 10 Challenge

Illinois + 3 at Wake Forest. The Over/Under is 156 points.

Illinois is 6-0 playing under a new coach named Brad Underwood from Ok State. This team is loaded with talent and learning a fast paced pressure style of play. This will truly be a good road test for this young team.

ILLINOIS by 8 (tread Lightly but worth the bet)

Louisville + 7 at Purdue. The Over/Under is 149.5

There is something seriously wrong with this line.

Purdue lost to TN by 3 as a 8 point favorite. They also lost to Western Ky by 4 as a 19 point chalk this year.

Louisville is the better team here.

LOUISVILLE to win STRAIGHT UP.

Please join in with your thoughts and strategies on winning some games

Love college hoops time!

Like Illinois as well. Wake has not impressed at all losing to some inferior teams. Ill is hasnt played anyone really besides DePaul.

I think it’s time to buy low on Illinois while they are under the radar a bit!

Looking at the Iowa-v tech game now. Line looks right at 8. Iowa is young and without spark plug Baer. Vt wins but see the spread coming down to free throws. And God knows kids don’t shoot free throws well anymore!

Wednesday--

Michigan +9.5 over UNC

Miami-FL +6 over Minnesots--Although I think minny is going to be great this year, its going to be a tough test for them.

Ohio State/Satnford--ML Parlay

Duke -8 (bought 1/2) over Indy

FRIDAY--

Maryland +4 over Purdue--This line stinks as Maryland is inexperienced and purdue is better on paper. Yough spot after the acc challenge to head on the riad to open up bg 10 play.

Maryland is not missing against Illinois in the first half but not all that impressed with Illinois so far this year.

Hopefully the treps cool down! 19-26 from field in first half!

I must have fired them up--Hell of a second half and almost won!

Monday--

Penn State/Florida ---Ml Parlay. (-130 odds on parlay but I feel confident in both!)

Iowa +6 at Indy--Weird line as Indy should smoke them based on recent performance but I'm going to bite.

Iowa State -15 over Northern Illinois

ND State +3 over Mizz State

Woodee-

Like the Iowa State play also piling on it

Also playing Florida -9 to beat up on Florida State- Huge in state match up

Going with Iowa +7 over Iowa State.
    Even game here thus year and too many points for a game either can win.

One for Friday night.

USC +3 over Oklahoma

I am getting crushed early this season

I’m Just taking it slow. Lots of upsets so far so trying to look at dogs mostly.

Like one Saturday-

Valpo +3 at ball state- bs just upset notre dame and valpo off huge loss to Purdue. Good team in a good spot.

Add:

Witchy State -5 okie state

Couple winners yesterday.

Sunday.

Zags -10 over Washington.

NOVA - 9 at Temple- This line looks to low- Nova should win this by 15

With you on nova for sure. I bought it to -8 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by woodee12 View Post
    With you on nova for sure. I bought it to -8 myself.
    Good Win partner---

This Saturday ILLINOIS plays NEW MEXICO STATE at the United Center in Chicago.

Both Teams are honoring coach Lou Henson who lead New Mexico State to it's only FINAL FOUR in 1970- he also lead ILLINOIS to a Final Four in 1989.

On the surface this looks to be an even game. The X-factor is the dynamic play ability of a young Illinois team that is starting to gel playing small ball. I can see the talent starting to come together under a new coach.

Illinois is a young team loaded with talent learning a offensive scheme where every position on offense is interchangeable . They are aggressive on every possession and seem to foul 50 feet away from the basket way to many times.

I think Illinois will be dialed in for this game and look for a tough fought battle with Illinois winning this Straight up and by 6

On a little run here lately. Didn’t play anything yesterday.

Sunday-
    Arizona State -12 vs vandy

Push sunday--

Monday--

Creighton -13 over UT-Arlington

Santa Clara +2 over Valpo

0-2 yesterday--

Tuesday

UCLA -7 over South Dakota

Lost last night--

wedneday--

Missy State -21 over Ark LR

Tenny -16 over Furman

KState -8 over Wazzu

Nebraska -9 over Tex Arlington

Valpo/Georgetown-- ML Parlay

Bonus bowl game--

LOVE SMU -4 in the Bowl game. I was watching LA tech a lot this year as I was on and against them a lot. I see a major mis-match in this game and LA tech was not good and ending games either. SMU by 14 +.

College basketball has been tough to pick for a December. We'll find out if coaches give their Top Ranked Teams a chat on taking care of these December games. North Carolina thought all they had to do was show up in the Dean Dome last night and then they lost to Wofford. OUCH. Look for major teams to cover tonight, Cincinnati (-28) over Cleveland State, Maryland (-23) over Fairleigh Dickinson, and Marquette (-23) over American. On other side of card, The Indiana Hoosiers, as inconsistent as their 6-6 record...... After nice OT win over Irish last weekend, they lose to IPFW. Don't be shocked if Tennessee Tech (+13) covers the spread tonight. Depaul has been such a horrible team for so many years I still can't see them favored by double digits until they really start winning again, Miami (OH) covers their 13 point spread. Go out west for the last one of the night, Portland State is 9-0 ATS this year, including 5-0 ATS on the road. The Cal Golden Bears are off to a slow start this year, going with Portland State +5 points. Either ride the wave to a 10-0 ATS or be the jinx that breaks the streak.

I'm avoiding College Bowl game prediction, hate for my two cents worth of info lead to a team not leaving the hotel to play the game tonight like SMU did yesterday. Brutal.

Tonight Thursday riding with Kansas to break out -14 over Stanford

2 plays I really like tonight on the big Friday card-

Loyola-Chicago +6 over Mizzou State

Xavier -6 at Northern Iowa

The Tarheels of North Carolina should come out and spank whomever they'd play after losing a home game to Wofford. The Ohio State Buckeyes get to be that victim today UNC Tarheels (-6).
    Not sure how the 2017-18 Wisconsin Badger Basketball team get to be 19 point favorites. I'll go with Wisconsin-Green Bay with all those points.
    While I seem to be bashing on Big 10 teams I'll go for the Hat Trick and get Carpet fired up by taking Missouri (-4) over his Fighting Illini.