Kentucky Derby-Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Derby-Thread

The Kentucky Derby is set to kick off the 144th Annual run for the roses Saturday May 5th.

Please place all Derby thoughts and winners here.

My Boy Jack has great potential at 20-1- This Horse is a closer and fast -Runs always a solid race.

Has to be a top 3 horse in the wheel house betting.

Comment

I’ll be digging in more this week!

Comment

I am looking over the card and I like your pick of My boy Jack as a longer shot for sure.

Also looking at:

Hoftburg--inexperienced but looks solid
        Solomini--Baffert's second horse in the race behind fav Justify
        Good Magic--Ortiz is the up and coming jockey to watch with a yound trainer. Probaby my best longer shot out of the top 5 favs.

Looks like the top 5 favs/chalk will be:

Justify
        Magnum Moon
        Bold D'oro
        Audible
        Mendlelsshon

Justify is the odds on fav at 3/1 right now.

When I bet these triple crown races, I am looking for a big score not a grind it out type of thing as with betting other sports. The only way to do that is to hit a good exotic, or bank on a longer shot to win.

I will continue to dig and prcoess info from sources and see what I can come up with. Doc's Sports always has solid info to get the general info on the horses that I use quie a bit to get a read on the horses as far as basic info.

Let me kow what else you've seen Carpet, and any other betting the Derby!

This is my first real look so more to follow as I find info.

Comment

Does Baffert or D Wayne Lucas have any horses running? Iv got a buddy in Chicago who does very well at the OTB, Ill get his pics later today

Comment

Baffert has top horse justify and a solid long shot in solomini.

Lukas has long shot bravarzo. But I read he has a lot of his family tree of trainers in the race.

Haven’t finalized my picks yet.

Comment

here's waht I came up with--

I a very novice horse player but just play the odds more than anything and as always try to look past public perception. Justify is the top horse ad cannot be ignored so going to throw him in with a couple longer shots in a box to look for a big hit.

One horse across the board as a mid-range winner.

7-18-9 Trifecta BOX.

Justify-Vino Rosso-Hofburg

#16 Magnum Moon Across the Board- Win/Place/Show

Comment

Just got a text from Bob, he says his horse is a Mudder..........Justify

Comment

WINNER

Comment

Working...
                  X