2018 NFL "MOCK HILTON" CONTEST SIGN-UP &INFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL "MOCK HILTON" CONTEST SIGN-UP &INFO

This thread will be the official thread to sign up and will contain details on how to pay your entry + ruls of the contest.

I am working out details now and will finalize where to send money and how I am going to go about it. I want to be careful posting my contact info on here + pay pal address to stay under their radar with all the fraud that goes on any more so will have a 2-step process to get info and payment details.

I will hold all money and will main contact/moderator of the contest.

-Payments can be made 2 ways: Check/money order by mail or by pay pal.

-$50 entry with limit of 2 entries.

-Pick 5 games each week against the spread from the posted lines.

-We are going to keep the name "MOCK HILTON" for nostalgia purposes!

We will use the lines and rules from the real super contest. (although we may change the deadline to most picks by an hour)
    https://www.westgateresorts.com/hote.../supercontest/

I will be back with more details. For now, I will continue the list here for people planning to play so we can get appx. numbers.

1. xbigpappa
    2. The Guesser
    3. Widestrides #1
    4. Widestrides #2
    5. woodee12
    6. Oldluds
    7. Carpet
    8. winnersbyt&b
    9. dragon1952
    10. red raider 84
    11. never lose
    12. citizenc
    13. Zman
    14. OCK
    15. The B-Man #1
    16. The B-Man #2
    17. Corn Picker
    18. Joliet Jake
    19. aakj
    20. jonnymac317
    21. Swany
    22. Sunset405
    23. Sunset800
    24. chrny
    25. Bret3518
    26. HawkGuy30 (asked me to add him as he's trying to get logged in)

Comment

"Mock Hilton Rules"

(These are adapted from the contest 'The Boys' ran in 2016. The only thing we need to decide is the prize money payouts)

This contest will be modeled as closely as possible after the "Las Vegas Hilton Super Contest"...........$50.00 entry fee. Two entry max per person.

#1 NFL sides only. Contestants must select five teams per week, per entry. Contestants may not select both sides of the game.

#2 We will use the official Hilton line which I will post by 9 pm EST Wednesday evening. (Probably earlier depending on when lines are posted in the real contest)

#3 The Posting deadline for the Sunday and Monday games is Saturday by 2:00 AM EST. Please read rule #7 for Wed, Thurs. and Sat. games.

#4 All picks must be posted in one post. In the event you're unable to post your picks because of technical problems please email them to [email protected]
      #5 No corrections or editing of picks is allowed.......be careful, it will result in a 0-5 for the week.

#6 This contest will run for the regular season of 17 weeks @ 5 picks per week = 85 total picks. 1 point for a win and 1/2 point for a tie.

#7 The Wednesday-Thursday-Saturday rule: If you're using a Wed, Thurs. and or Sat. game in your picks then all picks must be posted in one post at least one hour before the earliest NFL scheduled kick off time. See rule number 4.

#8 In the final two weeks (or at players choice to email earlier) of the Mock Hilton contest (weeks 16 & 17) the top contenders must email their picks to [email protected] Picks will be posted after the Saturday deadline.

#9 PRIZE MONEY BREAKDOWN TBD....

#10 Winners will be asked to verify payment before prize money is released.

#11 TIE BREAKER RULES TBD---Need to read up on how the real contest breaks ties as I don't want a whole years worth of work to be decided in one playoff game etc. --will check into it.

#

Comment

HOW TO PAY ENTRY FEE---

I don't want to put my mailing address and pay pal address out here for the world to see so here is how I am going to do it....This will give me another way to track entries and for you to get a hold me too as needed. Sorry to b a pain in the ass on this but don;t want to be spammed or my pay pal to get hacked.

To enter:

1. Send me an e-mail at [email protected]. (this is an alternate email I set up just for this contest)

2. Note your Bettorsworld User name in the email with "MOCK HILTON" in the subject line so I make sure I see it.

3. After I get your email, I will send you my PAYPAL e-mail address, and my mailing address for those who want to send checks/money orders.

4. If you are using paypal, DO NOT reference anything about sports betting,gambling contest, or Bettorsworld, in your note section of paypal when you send the money.
        THE ONLY THING YOU WILL PUT IN THE NOTE SECTION OF THE PAYPAL IS YOUE USERNAME ON THE FORUM SO I CAN MATCH IT UP. They flag some accounts for pools/gambling etc.
        *** Also, when sending pay pal use the "friends/family" option or there will be a fee charged to me and I will return you payment. I will also return if there is any mention of the above terms (ONLY USERNAME!).

5. I will confirm all payments here in forum and by email of needed.

Any questions??

Comment

#3 should be 2:00am EST Sunday correct?

Comment

YEP! 2 AM SUNDAY! Forgot to change that.

Thanks for the heads up.

"Mock Hilton Rules"

(These are adapted from the contest 'The Boys' ran in 2016. The only thing we need to decide is the prize money payouts)

This contest will be modeled as closely as possible after the "Las Vegas Hilton Super Contest"...........$50.00 entry fee. Two entry max per person.

#1 NFL sides only. Contestants must select five teams per week, per entry. Contestants may not select both sides of the game.

#2 We will use the official Hilton line which I will post by 9 pm EST Wednesday evening. (Probably earlier depending on when lines are posted in the real contest)

#3 The Posting deadline for the Sunday and Monday games is SUNDAY by 2:00 AM EST. Please read rule #7 for Wed, Thurs. and Sat. games.

#4 All picks must be posted in one post. In the event you're unable to post your picks because of technical problems please email them to [email protected]
            #5 No corrections or editing of picks is allowed.......be careful, it will result in a 0-5 for the week.

#6 This contest will run for the regular season of 17 weeks @ 5 picks per week = 85 total picks. 1 point for a win and 1/2 point for a tie.

#7 The Wednesday-Thursday-Saturday rule: If you're using a Wed, Thurs. and or Sat. game in your picks then all picks must be posted in one post at least one hour before the earliest NFL scheduled kick off time. See rule number 4.

#8 In the final two weeks (or at players choice to email earlier) of the Mock Hilton contest (weeks 16 & 17) the top contenders must email their picks to [email protected] Picks will be posted after the Saturday deadline.

#9 PRIZE MONEY BREAKDOWN TBD....

#10 Winners will be asked to verify payment before prize money is released.

#11 TIE BREAKER RULES TBD---Need to read up on how the real contest breaks ties as I don't want a whole years worth of work to be decided in one playoff game etc. --will check into it.

Comment

This is exactly how the NFL & College contest should be handled.

Comment

Didn't want someone bitching later at you

Comment

Just sent you an email to BTW

Comment

Hi Guys- I got a couple emails already and will get to them in the next 48 hours as I am going to batch them up to respond so i don't overlook any by doing them Individually.

Got Bama, Carpet, Sunset so far.

Will be in touch with the payment info.

* Reminder--HUGE KEY FOR PAYPAL--Just your user name in comments!

Comment

The wife will likely play (Chargerette)

Comment

Better say 2 AM Eastern Time, as we start the season in EDT but will be switching to EST on 2 AM, November 4.

Comment

I just sent a batch of emails out from those who I heard from in the last few days...

please continue to email me with your info and I will send out payment instructions every few days....
                          --------------

HOW TO PAY ENTRY FEE---

I don't want to put my mailing address and pay pal address out here for the world to see so here is how I am going to do it....This will give me another way to track entries and for you to get a hold me too as needed. Sorry to b a pain in the ass on this but don;t want to be spammed or my pay pal to get hacked.

To enter:

1. Send me an e-mail at [email protected]. (this is an alternate email I set up just for this contest)

2. Note your Bettorsworld User name in the email with "MOCK HILTON" in the subject line so I make sure I see it.

3. After I get your email, I will send you my PAYPAL e-mail address, and my mailing address for those who want to send checks/money orders.

4. If you are using paypal, DO NOT reference anything about sports betting,gambling contest, or Bettorsworld, in your note section of paypal when you send the money.
                          THE ONLY THING YOU WILL PUT IN THE NOTE SECTION OF THE PAYPAL IS YOUE USERNAME ON THE FORUM SO I CAN MATCH IT UP. They flag some accounts for pools/gambling etc.
                          *** Also, when sending pay pal use the "friends/family" option or there will be a fee charged to me and I will return you payment. I will also return if there is any mention of the above terms (ONLY USERNAME!).

5. I will confirm all payments here in forum and by email of needed.

Any questions??

Comment

You can just add [email protected] to your PayPal account so that money sent to [email protected] will go to your PayPal account. I have like 3 or 4 email addresses on file with PayPal so I can receive money sent to any of those email addresses. That way you don't have to give out your more personal email to anyone.

Comment

Yeah. I don’t care about giving it out privately but don’t want that or any email related to pay pal posted in a public forum and having it tied to bettorsworkd in any way.

I’m keeping it as I’ve stated in the payment info thread to send payment. No need to change it now as I’ve worked on it to get it all set up already!

ThNks fir the info though.

Comment

Working...
                              X