+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    18. Tie-breaking rules will be applied to determine first place only. Contestants tying for second (2nd) through one hundredth (100th)
    place will equally split aggregate prize money for the respective place. In the event of a first place tie, the first place prize winner will
    be determined based on the contestant that accumulated the most contest points during the final three (3) weeks of the regular
    season. If total points accumulated during the final three (3) weeks are equal then the tie-breaker will revert to Week 14, then Week
    13, then Week 12, etc. to determine the first place prize winner. In the event of a tie after all weekly tie-breakers, dual first place
    winners will be declared and the aggregate prize money will be split equally amongst the number of contestants still tied for first
    place.

Is there an award for choking the best? 3-of-10 down the stretch...OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1952 View Post
    Great job cford1!
    Yeah...Great job cford!!!

Last week did me in but I was just happy to kind of hang in there all year with you guys.
    So by the rules, Dragon and myself split 2nd and 3rd place money?

Great job Woodee running it! I know by running two this year, that trying to update everything can come at
    inopportune times. Thanks to everyone who helped in running all the contests this year. I know I appreciated the help
    and I'm sure that Woodee did also.

Hopefully we can all do it again next year.

RR84

I will get final standings up later this afternoon.

Thanks to Possum for handing the updating and calculations yesterday and work throughout the year in it.

Nice work to the winners. Itís a lot harder than it looks to pick winners all year!

A quick look...correct me if Iím wrong...

Cford1

Dragon/Red raider (split 2nd/3rd $)

Joliet JAKE

CitizenC/Enginerd (split 5th place $)

Congrats to the winners!!! Very good capping to hit 50+

Woodee I didn't mean to be an ass about posting the picks but I missed them week 16, and Cford helped me win $1200 that I needed in Week 17. Followed him on everything except Chicago and didn't fool with that one. Thanks again for doing the contest and Good Luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama25 View Post
    Woodee I didn't mean to be an ass about posting the picks but I missed them week 16, and Cford helped me win $1200 that I needed in Week 17. Followed him on everything except Chicago and didn't fool with that one. Thanks again for doing the contest and Good Luck to all.
    No problem at all man. Thatís what the contest is for and what Iíve said repeatedly on the deadlines for the contest. That was my bad on not getting them posted in a timely manner.

If someone can follow a sharp capper in one of these contest to real money profits, thatís the real benefit to this forum and what it was founded on originally.

No need to apologize but I appreciate the note.

Considering he went 2-3 in Week 16 I'd consider that a good thing :^ )

Quote Originally Posted by red raider 84 View Post
    Yeah...Great job cford!!!

Last week did me in but I was just happy to kind of hang in there all year with you guys.
    So by the rules, Dragon and myself split 2nd and 3rd place money?

Great job Woodee running it! I know by running two this year, that trying to update everything can come at
    inopportune times. Thanks to everyone who helped in running all the contests this year. I know I appreciated the help
    and I'm sure that Woodee did also.

Hopefully we can all do it again next year.

RR84
    We should feel really good to have been so close to the top considering the caliber of talent on here. You and cford1 were up there all contest it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1952 View Post
    We should feel really good to have been so close to the top considering the caliber of talent on here. You and cford1 were up there all contest it seems.
    Well considering my history in general with the NFL and the few times I have been in the lead, I feel very
    fortunate. I was just waiting for the meltdown that I'd had in the few times I've been up there. You seem
    to do well each year, so congrats to you also. It was fun and probably my only shot to win this type contest.
    That curse of yours got me that one week. lol No, I was lucky that most everyone had a bad week with the
    exception of yourself. I enjoyed it and I hope someone picks it up next year!

WINNERS: PLEASE SHOOT ME AN EMAIL AT QCCARDINALFANS @ GMAIL . COM and let you know how you want to be paid. (Can mail a check or do by paypal). I will get funds out within the next week.

Cford1 = $1140

Dragon/Red raider (split 2nd/3rd $) = $1282.50 ---Split

Joliet JAKE = $285

CitizenC/Enginerd (split 5th place $) = $142.50 --Split

PRIZE MONEY BREAKDOWN (% OF TOTAL POT)

57 players x $50 = $2850

Top five winners payout:

40%---1ST PLACE = $1140
    25%---2ND PLACE = $712.50
    20%--3RD PLACE = $570
    10%---4TH PLACE = $285
    5% ---5TH PLACE = $142.50

cford would have tied for 56th in the real Westgate SuperContest with 53.5 - good for $4,309 minus the $1,500 entry fee.

53.5 is 63%. Pretty damn good!

Tailing SuperContest cappers can be tricky. They are making their picks based on a static line. You often have to bet on a different line. They might not have even made some of their picks if the lines were updated, much less bet real money on them. But as long as you take that into consideration, always good to ride a hot and consistent capper.

Quote Originally Posted by woodee12 View Post
    WINNERS: PLEASE SHOOT ME AN EMAIL AT QCCARDINALFANS @ GMAIL . COM and let you know how you want to be paid. (Can mail a check or do by paypal). I will get funds out within the next week.

Cford1 = $1140

Dragon/Red raider (split 2nd/3rd $) = $1282.50 ---Split

Joliet JAKE = $285

CitizenC/Enginerd (split 5th place $) = $142.50 --Split

PRIZE MONEY BREAKDOWN (% OF TOTAL POT)

57 players x $50 = $2850

Top five winners payout:

40%---1ST PLACE = $1140
    25%---2ND PLACE = $712.50
    20%--3RD PLACE = $570
    10%---4TH PLACE = $285
    5% ---5TH PLACE = $142.50
    I got emails from all the winners and payments will be disbursed within the next 10 days. I will send checks this week and disperse PAY Pal payouts here and there during the next 10 days...I have heard they monitor large amounts being sent if you don;t send that much with higher amounts.
    I do not send much so I don't want to get flagged and questioned and delay any payouts.

I am sending Joliet Jake and Red Raider by check. The others will be paypal.

5th place money will be sent sooner as thats a lower amount and should be fine!

Thanks and please confirm to me by email or in here once you get your winnings.

Those who requested checks, I’m dropping in mail first thing Monday.

I had to transfer funds to my paypal bank account and those should in there Monday/Tuesday too and will finish the pay pal payments. I didn’t trust having all that cash sit in my paypal account so I put it in the bank during the season.

Will get it all taken care of this week.

Thanks for you patience.

No worries....don't fret about it bro ;^ )

Check are in mail for red raider and Joliet Jake.

Pay pal for dragon and cford will be processed Wednesday morning. Funds in account just waiting for it to clear my bank account before I transfer to you guys via PayPal.

Pay pal to citizenc and enginerd sent sent already.

Woodee,

I got the check today.

Thanks,

RR84

ALL PAYOUTS ARE COMPLETED.

I told Carpet in an email that I would be happy to do the money part of the contest again next year, as I think I have that down and hopefully made it easy for everyone involved using the 2 forms of payment we used this year.

I never ran into any problems with PP flagging me for anything gambling related either.

I just don;t want anything to do with the weekly maintenance of the contest as I don;t have the time to keep on top of it in a timely manner which you guys deserve for playing in a $50 contest.

Possum helped me out a ton this year so maybe he'd like to be the one who does the lines/standings each week? Or form a team who splits the work up. I am sure there is an easier way to do it than the pen/paper/enter old school method I used!

We can regroup next year and see where it takes us. But, Again, I will be fine to be the money collector as needed.

Stating the obvious, but you did a fantastic job. Possum's assistance was very much appreciated.

I guess I'm in the minority on this subject, but I think the deadline for pick entry should follow along with what the Westgate uses or at least be moved up 12 hours. If a proxy is used, the picks for the
    cheaper service have to be sent by Friday night. The scorer in our contest may still have to enter picks
    on Sunday morning. With so many entries, it's an overwhelming task to log picks over a 4 day time
    frame. That doesn't include the time spent scoring the results.

Thanks again woodee and Possum for the hard work.