+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    4,917

    College Hoops Picks/Discussion Feb 2019

    Hump Day picks going with all 3 dogs tonight

    RUTGERS + 5.5 at NW. Like Rutgers size inside should hang with NW

    SYRACUSE +3 at NC State- Dont believe NC State can score enough points to win this game

    MINNY +4 at NB- The tale of 2 teams MINNY seems to be playing really well while NB is not

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    4,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpet View Post
    Hump Day picks going with all 3 dogs tonight

    RUTGERS + 5.5 at NW. Like Rutgers size inside should hang with NW

    SYRACUSE +3 at NC State- Dont believe NC State can score enough points to win this game

    MINNY +4 at NB- The tale of 2 teams MINNY seems to be playing really well while NB is not
    2-1 for the night

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,160
    Good calls.

    Illinois gets another one. I’ve been riding them since you gave your take on them a few weeks ago!


    I took a few days off lately. Dogs have been barking. Tenny- Kentucky will be a good one Saturday. If the line is right, I’m on Kentucky.

    Friday.

    Northern Kentucky +2 over wright state. Battle of top 2 teams. Nku is good and see them taking care of biz. Tons of “pros” all over wright state too which I like to fade.

    Princeton ml over Harvard—- Princeton off two loses at home. Still in contention so need a good win here.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,160
    Princeton is -130.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    4,917
    One Game for me Today have watched at least a dozen today.

    KY -4 at home over TN

    TN plays a high possession high scoring offense only loss this year was to then #2 Kansas 87-81

    KY plays a solid lock down defense making it hard for teams to hit scoring averages especially at home.

    This is a perfect spot for Kentucky to hold home court and hand TN it's second loss of the year. This one should be a battle and great game to watch

    Going to roll with Kentucky Blue in this game

    GL All

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,519
    Looking good so far bro ;^ )

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    639
    Carpet, Thanks for the info on the Illini. Have made some nice cash. Esp on the moneyline at Ohio State.

    winnersbyt&b

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    4,917
    ILLINOIS + 11.5 at Wisconsin.

    Last time these two teams played at Illinois the badgers won 72-60 a short 4 weeks ago. Since that time Illinois has been on a major streak winning games with defense and disruption. Wisky has won 14 straight games with Illinois.

    Wisky is coming of a 6 day rest And they are going to see a in your face squad on every play (Could there be some rust?) Illinois is hard to prepare for and I think this is going to be a hard fought game down to the last second. Illinois is the last team anyone wants to play right now.

    Taking Illinois to keep this close and the points-

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,160
    Good call on Kentucky. I was on them too.

    That Illinois line has already dropped fast. That was a terrible opening number for an under the radar team playing good ball.

    I grabbed +10 but the line is a little scary to me. Going to ride the hot streak tho!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,519
    Bezhanishvili's minutes seem to have taken an uptick the past few games.....any particular reason? (I play DFS)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    4,917
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1952 View Post
    Bezhanishvili's minutes seem to have taken an uptick the past few games.....any particular reason? (I play DFS)
    Giorgi has not fouled out since January 26 vs MD- This is allowing him to stay in games longer-

    Tonight I expect to see a lot of double teams on the big man opening up the kick out shot to the guards deep.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,160
    Monday--

    Va Tech +5 over Virginia--I can see a VT win or a Va blow out. More than likely a close game between the rivals as VT needs a good win here and should be solid at home.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    4,917
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1952 View Post
    Bezhanishvili's minutes seem to have taken an uptick the past few games.....any particular reason? (I play DFS)
    Dragon in your DFS pool I would add Ayo Dosunmu from Illinois to your roster a 6-5 frosh averaging 14 a game

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpet View Post
    Dragon in your DFS pool I would add Ayo Dosunmu from Illinois to your roster a 6-5 frosh averaging 14 a game
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I was considering him but his only really poor effort in the past 10 or so games came against Wiscy and that one was at home.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    4,917
    Tough game for Illinois played hard covered the spread and came up just a bit short for the W out right

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    639
    Illinois again!!! thanks Carpet. on my sight Illinois at 8:00 in the morning was +11 1/2. i grabbed it quickly. Line dropped during the day and i saw at night it had dropped to 9 1/2 in some places. your on fire keep it going.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,160
    Loss with VT last night but Illinois salvaged a split. Thanks.

    Tuesday-

    Wake +12 at Notre Dame- I don;t think ND should be favored over anyone by DD. Some value here with Waks off the Blow out loss to UNC.

    Maryland +3 over Iowa---iowa's miaracles stop as UM gets it done on the road. Scrappy Terrapin team has no fear.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    4,917
    Another team to keep your eyes on is the Buffalo Bulls ranked 25 as a under the radar team.

    They scored 114 points tonight vs Ohio. I have been following this young and dangerous team- Place it on your radar

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,160
    2 dog su winners!

    Wednesday.

    Huge 3 unit play—-

    Georgetown +6 over nova—nova off loss but another tough spot here. Gt hung around with nova at their place earlier in year too.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    4,917
    TUESDAY- Got one game for tonight

    Marquette -6.5 vs Butler

    Last time these two teams played MQ beat Butler by 18 points at Butler 76-58

    Golden Eagles led by Markus Howard 25.6 points a game is a real joy to watch. Golden Eagles have been resting since Feb 12. If the Golden Eagles defend the 3 point line they should cruise to a win

    Going to play Marquette -6.5

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,160
    Also on—

    Unc +9 at duke. Going to jump on the sucker points.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    4,917
    Quote Originally Posted by woodee12 View Post
    Loss with VT last night but Illinois salvaged a split. Thanks.

    Tuesday-

    Wake +12 at Notre Dame- I don;t think ND should be favored over anyone by DD. Some value here with Waks off the Blow out loss to UNC.

    Maryland +3 over Iowa---iowa's miaracles stop as UM gets it done on the road. Scrappy Terrapin team has no fear.
    Great capping Woodee

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,519
    You guys are on a pretty decent roll ;^ )

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    4,917
    Looking ahead Syracuse is looking to set a school record in attendance when Duke comes calling Saturday.

    Orange Men just blew out Louiville tonight look out Duke

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Posts
    4,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpet View Post
    TUESDAY- Got one game for tonight

    Marquette -6.5 vs Butler

    Last time these two teams played MQ beat Butler by 18 points at Butler 76-58

    Golden Eagles led by Markus Howard 25.6 points a game is a real joy to watch. Golden Eagles have been resting since Feb 12. If the Golden Eagles defend the 3 point line they should cruise to a win

    Going to play Marquette -6.5
    Golden Eagles Roll and Cover

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts