JR Miller's record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JR Miller's record

I've tracked JR on and off for a couple of years. He had an absolutely horrendous baseball record in August last year but other than that does seem to have a winning record overall. He claims to have a 55 to 58 percent win record against football and basketball with an equivalent record against moneylines. I don't think so - more like 53 to 54 percent. For example he's up about 15 units since the start of 2000.

Like almost all people who sell picks JR will not post his historical record unless it makes him look good.

how many selections, 'mute?

Comment

Don't know exactly. He makes about 5 picks a day on average so probably around 900 to a thousand.

Comment

He used to track his results by month, but stopped doing so in, guess when, August of last year. If I recall correctly, the reason given was that it took too much time to track results by month(or something along those lines). LMAO, he already tracks results day-by-day and lists something like the last week or so, how long would it take to summarize these by month, 3 minutes ??!!

Comment

I've been tracking JR daily for over a year including last August. I've noticed that he does better in some sports than others. His best is football and in second, basketball. He is up fifteen units (+ or -) this year but that does not reflect football which will greatly increase his units won. Hockey and baseball are weaker. If I were to consider his opinion, it would probaby be for football and basketball only.

A couple of things to consider. On his "Track Us" page he rates his plays against Bowmans and Canbet only. Or until recently, he now takes the best line from about five sources (CRIS, ABC Is ...). So, his record would be better with a little more shopping. Also, he recommends parlaying certain plays such as one game's side and run line together because if one thing happens the other is likely to happen too. This is not calculated into the tracking.

He seems like a straight handicapper. He doesn't add in additional tricks such as scalps, middling, extensive shopping or line changes. Or at least this is what I can see from the sidelines.

Comment

hellenkeller,

you're saying jr miller suggests parlaying a side with the run line in the same game? does he also suggest past posting to build one's br?

wolfman

Comment

I meant totals.

Comment

Thanks Mute

Comment

His record is up in colour on his website and unlike alot of handicappers he makes a profit.

Comment

Sure, a profit of 13 units in 6 months after over 1,000 picks. He's averaging over 6 picks a day. You're looking at A LOT of volatility for 13 units of profit. If you factor in the time to go through 1,000 picks, shopping, betting, paying for his service etc. your unit per play better be high.......otherwise you're looking at the equivalent of a minimum wage job in profits.

Comment

13 units is without shopping, football (his best) and his parlay plays. These make a big difference.

Comment

yeah, if you pay someone, they want to be better than that, most definitely, unless it is 5 bucks a month

Comment

Got into heated debate last year elsewhere on same topic.While I agreed his writing is good I challenged anyone to produce documented souce of him hitting over 55% in ANY sport in ANY year.Only replys were there were no documented records.I am by far not the smartest kid on the block but knowing a capper does keep records I can think of only think of one reason not to post them,flip side at least he does not post fictitious records.

Comment

Actually if he could do 55% in football or basketball, that would be real solid given the amount of plays he's giving out. The problem is twofold. To begin with I don't know if he can or cannot do 55% longterm. And secondly the amount of plays can devastate you when he hits a losing streak. Psychologically most players can't or don't want to handle that. You can make a case that it doesn't matter if one goes 2-12 in one day or over 3 days. Either way its rough, but at least over 3 days you have the option of sitting out or re-sizing your unit play. Joe Gavazzi over in Pittsburgh used to give out 3 sets of picks over a Saturday during hoops.......sometimes as much as 15-16 picks in one day. When he could hit 55% over a stretch, you made a lot of money. I suspect that the same can be said here, if you catch JR on a streak.

Comment

Yeah, 55% is not so bad, but still, to pay for it? With that pricing, if 55% is going to happen long-term you want to be betting reasonable amounts of money per game

Get a similar return on a certain class of soccer bets for me, with no fees to anyone - well, except my ISP

Comment

Working...
                              X