LET'S HEAR AN UPDATE JR MILLER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LET'S HEAR AN UPDATE JR MILLER

It's usually not my style to hit someone when they're down but I think it would show a lot of character if JR came here and updated everyone on his recent and year to date record. I ask this because for some reason the graph on his home page (the one that shows YTD performance) hasn't been updated in 5 weeks. Gee, I wonder why?? And so leaving, for a moment, all the issues of Kelly or no Kelly and the $64K question of who pays the vig.......and returning to the more mundane, just tell us how many units you're ahead YTD JR? Then tell us how many picks YTD you've had. And finally please remind us all that you personally bet these games for a living. Thankyou.

I have had email conversations with Mr. Miller, He will no longer be posting here,
    He beleives no matter what he says, everyone will try to disprove him.

This is a good man, a great capper and his book HOW PROFESSIONAL GAMBLERS BEAT THE PRO FOOTBALL SPREAD is a joy to read.

Ease up on him He truly is one of the good guys in an industry full of bad guys.

[This message has been edited by phatboy (edited 08-04-2000).]

Comment

Phatboy, if J.R. will no longer be posting, then please tell him to provide BW with a another "Hollywood Personality" to take his place. If he can get Pamela Anderson, I think that most BW members will find it within their heart to forgive him for abandoning us. Also, I know that J.R. is a professional writer, but I highly recommend that he hire REALITY to write his BW retirement speech for him. REALITY is a true expert at writing retirement speeches. Cripes, I believe that he has already written at least four in BW.

Comment

phatboy I have been with jr miller since mid june and his performance has been ... how shall I say it "lacking" to say the least. i was just curious how long have you sticked with him and how many units have you won with him. In fairness to JR he said the reason he hasn't updated the chart was to software problems and i believe him but even if he did update his chart he would only be up 15 or so units for the entire year so far.

Comment

It was stated here about two weeks ago that Mr. Miller had a brutal August last year and things are not looking good so far this month. Miller's posted picks are 2-15 in the last four days, which means anyone who playing against these selections this month is almost guaranteed to do well.

But, let's make no mistake, who else is this business is willing to show you the REAL record his customers get pimples and all?? If you called any other place today that has this kind of current record, the standard spiel would be that, "We're hot as a firecracker right now Jim, I'm sorry you didn't join me eight days ago. We're 15-2 overall and 5-0 on our best bets!"

The answer is the only one that does it with any degree of integrity is JR Miller. Baseball is not his strongest sport. Football is. I wouldn't recommend going against his plays after September, but there's no short-term system better than playing against someone who is really fighting a losing stretch. He survived more than his share of losing streaks I'm sure and he'll survive this one too. He'll be back on top before you know it, and I hope back to posting here before too long also.

[This message has been edited by Landmark95 (edited 08-04-2000).]

Comment

Originally posted by reno:
            Phatboy, if J.R. will no longer be posting, then please tell him to provide BW with a another "Hollywood Personality" to take his place. If he can get Pamela Anderson, I think that most BW members will find it within their heart to forgive him for abandoning us. Also, I know that J.R. is a professional writer, but I highly recommend that he hire REALITY to write his BW retirement speech for him. REALITY is a true expert at writing retirement speeches. Cripes, I believe that he has already written at least four in BW.
            RENO,

YOU ARE UNQUESTIONABLY THE MOST PETTY PERSON I'VE NEVER HAD THE PLEASURE NOT TO MEET.

YOU SHOULD WRITE A RETIREMENT POST FOR YOURSELF.

SOON.

YOUR BORING ,OVERBLOWN POSTS IN THAT INIMITABLE ELITIST RENO PSEUDO-INTELLECTUAL STYLE IS REALLY STARTING TO WEAR THIN...

WHEN LECTURING A FIRST TIME POSTER I LOVE HOW YOU USE SUCH PHRASES AS ,I HAVE STATED ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS,AND MANY TIMES BEFORE I HAVE,AND ON AND ON AND ON...

WITHOUT BETTORSWORLD THERE WOULD BE NO RENO.

TO PARAPHRASE A RHETORICAL QUESTION:

IF A TREE FALLS IN A FOREST AND NOBODY IS THERE TO HEAR IT DOES IT STILL MAKE A SOUND?

IF THERE IS NO BETTORSWORLD FOR THE GREAT RENO TO POST IN AND SELF GLORIFY HIMSELF WOULD THERE STILL BE A RENO?

I THINK NOT!

REALITUS EMERATUS

Comment

Phoenix28
              Im dont subscribe to his or any service, I loved his book, and wrote hom an email a couple of years ago telling him how great it was, and we have been talking via email since.

I will never defend his or anyone elses winner or losers on a game, But From what I have read and from the emails and a couple of phone conversations I can voughe for his charecter.
              And this is my feeble attempt to do so in what seems to be a forum full of hatred with the exception of countzero and A.E

Comment

Phat, I know nothing about JR Miller. But in this business where 9 out of 10 are complete frauds, the 1 out of 10 legit ones have to use honesty. For the record, when I go into the the business of selling picks, I will update my record daily, and post it on my web site each and every day. Whether I am 10-20 or 20-10. If I go on a 2-15 streak(which I will not) I am not going to strategically hide. You said JR Miller feels he will be blasted here. JR Miller only gets what he dishes. Let's say JR was 15-2 this month, would he be hiding? Hell no. He would be in every thread saying this can be proven by going to my web site at .............

For the record, if he is up 15 units for the year, that is nothing to be ashamed of. 2-15 streaks will happen, especially if your focus is on volume(many lower percentage game vs fewer higher percentage games) as his is. It is not the end of the world, and if he is as good as he claims to be it will turn. Even the best go through bad runs and that is why he professes bankroll management. But for a guy that came in here professing his erroneous opinions as the truth(and that is the way it is), and called others he hasn't a clue about amateurs, and has put up numerous links to his site, I think it is very fair game that his record is being discussed.

For the record, this is an open invitation to anyone. When my web site comes out you are more than willing to state my record in any forum, no matter what it is. I feel that the responsibilty of anyone selling picks, is to provide an accurate description of what your actual record is, both short and long term and if you fail to deliver on your promises, you should be open to being blasted in public forums. I am very open to it as long as I am being blasted in a truthful way.

Comment

REALITY, thank you for the compliments, particularly the one regarding my being a "pseudo-intellectual." One of my life-long goals has been to somehow, someway eventually become a pseudo-intellectual. Because I deeply value your opinion, your clasification of me as a true pseudo-intellectual is deeply appreciated. Hey, I don't care what they say about you. You're OK in my book.

Comment

Slam...looking foward to your website, I dig everything you post.

Yes, JR was cruisin' for a bruisin' when he entered this Lion's Den sporting an "and that's that!" approach. After my long post on who can succeed at any system when the emotional angles of a bettor's psyche were applied; both Reno and Slam made excellent cases for the point that the Kelly Criterion is extremely effective (and in most cases more profitable), but is probably best suited for only those players with the time-tested experience to correctly assess winning percentages for a particular play.
                    The consensus was that players with lesser experience, would be better off with a "flat-bet" method.

I can't see Mr. Miller shaking in his boots now, though. Don't forget a major premise of his gambling approach is that professional players think "long term", while all the other players (a.k.a "losers") think short term, and eventually do themselves in by freaking out during bad stretches, etc.

Miller does not claim to have tremendous winning percentages, nor does he probably care. His main concern is PROFIT in the long run, and losing streaks notwithstanding, investing a bankroll in his plays will still probably earn more than putting it the bank for the same time period.

Easy for me to say though, not being a subscriber to his service right now, I don't have to ride out the storm.

Comment

Longterm planning or thinking, for that matter is certainly the way to go. However one of the more nonsensical things you hear from many sports services or fee handicappers is the attempt at comparisons between putting money in the bank or playing the picks. It completely ignores the fact that playing the 2,000+ picks that handicappers like JR admit to putting out annually is very much a part-time job. Granted, most of us are here because we enjoy it to some extent but it is a real stretch to compare this to investment. Even though I started this topic as a jab at JR, clearly there are many who are out and out scams. My main problem with JR is that when you couple the amount of plays he puts out to the percentage or units won he gets, the fluctuations are huge. If you've played every pick JR has put out this year to date, then you've played 1100+ games, are up around 4-5 units (not the 15 that was claimed by another poster)Who's to say that he can't go on a great run tomorrow. But how many "pros or successful part-timers" as JR puts it, have the fortitude to deal with this realistically. The fact of the matter is that since March JR's picks have been net losers. If he truly plays his own picks, then Kelly or no Kelly he would have been better off working at McDonalds this year. Ah, but then there are those newsletter subscriptions at $99 a month that come in right?.....regardless of how the picks do. Well in that case never mind the McDonalds comment.

Comment

Slam Dunk,

Can you email your site to me at [email protected]?

Thanks.

Comment

Slam Dunk I too would be interested in your website,if you could e-mail it to me @Capal [email protected] it would be appreciated thanks Irish

Comment

Slam Dunk,

you're more then welcome to post the site address here........

Comment

No site up as of yet. Aiming to get one up by start of NBA season, but that is a bit iffy due to my personal situation. As soon it is up I will post it. Thanks. Anybody can reach by email at [email protected].

Comment

Working...
                              X