• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get down on Gore now

Hey guys I volunteer for the Gore
    campaign and also a semi-pro sports bettor
    the reason i'm posing this is that I want all
    you guys to make some money on a great overlay especially posters like Reno who
    Ive learned so much from and the others
    who keep a great eye on the books helping me
    feel safe and the great owners of the site.

Tracking polls currently show Gore with a 3-6 point lead however acording to a newsweek
    poll Gore's lead was 12 points post speech
    and A freind of mine who is privy to private
    Democratic tracking polls tells me the numbers are going through the roof from 6-10
    point lead. I forcast earlier this election would be a replay of 88 when another incumbent vice president surged after his speach seperating himself from the president
    after the convention.... I'm already down at
    almost 2-1 guys jump on his right now before
    all these polls are known by everyone and the price plunges.

before you raid the kids' college fund, this "spike" in the polls is normal historically ....... after each convention, the party that just wrapped it up tends to see a modest jump in their numbers .... naturally, after the huge media exposure and higher energy level for the respected party, the general public tends to "swell" in that party's favor temporarily ..... not to say he won't sustain this lead, just urging you to excersise restraint ..... for a month or so anyway

[This message has been edited by thechin (edited 08-19-2000).]

Comment

ofcourse it's just that the reason for urgency is that most people don't know the
      extent of the "bounce" and the line is going
      to plunge I just read that the Bush campaign
      was so startled by the amount of positive
      reaction to gore's speach they moved up their
      schedule for releasing campaign ads

Comment

i took some at +190, providing a small measure of satisfaction to myself, if bush does unfortunately lose.

Comment

Where is (was) the +190?

Comment

Gore WAS +190 at Carib, now +170.
            Rich, What's Gore's stance (if any) on the Kyl/Goodlatte/Conyers crap bills that want to Ban Internet Gambling?
            Maybe you can throw in a few Good words about how RIDICULOUS it would be.

Comment

I stil think Bush will win the election by a significant margin.

What really worries me is what kind of people are running for office nowadays. We no longer have great people standing up and trying to get elected. What we have is simple-minded, unintelligent people aiming to become president. Just look at the two running now. I wouldn't trust either of them to run a hot-dog stand to be honest.

It's not just America that can't produce a semi-intelligent person to run for office. It's a world-wide phenomenon. Look at England, look at Russia...

Nowadays we have mediocre people getting elected. This upcoming election will be a disaster for the country. What's even more sad is that people tend to vote for a party and not for the person himself. It doesn't matter who you are, just what political party you're from. And so you have people following Gore blindly, even though the guy is as low as it gets.

But since betting is what we're really talking about, I think Bush will win easily. Not that I like any of the two, but I can't see someone of Gore's calibre keeping up the pace here.

Easy money on Bush.

Comment

If AL Gore is elected it will be a sad day for all of us. In his speech the other night he used the word "freedom" once. He used it this way. "The price of freedom is high."
                That says it all.

Comment

last night plus 190 oly.

Comment

hey about the kyl bill I don't know Gore's
                    position but it was THE CLINTON white house
                    that threatened a veto and killed the bill
                    and the majority of Democrats voted againt
                    the bill, logic tells me that kly would be a
                    lot less likely to become law in a gore
                    administration.

Comment

Rich,weren't you in here posting that everyone should get their money down on Gore back in June??? Now Gore gives a speech and you've got breaking news that everyone should get down on Gore??? I'm not sure if you've got an agenda or not,but i do know you have a bad bet...

Comment

yes i did and i got plus `195 and scalped
                        most of that back the pourpuse of my post was
                        to alert posters of polls tthat were not
                        yet widely known. by now after sunday talk
                        shows and papers it will be larely a moot point even if you don't think gore will win
                        knowing that info would help get "free money"

Comment

since gore according to gore invented the internet how will that affect internet gaming law? +195 in june? thats pretty good since june was the last time gore led in polls until the last few days.

Comment

Cons, we are of the same mind. It's going to be a sad day for America, but Bush is going to win the election rather easily. Yep, that cocaine pounding, freedom restricting hypocrite is our next president. I have NEVER voted replican and I ain't going to strart now, but Gore has assured me that I can't vote for him. Why? He's using the same strategy as president Dukkais did a while ago. Oh wait, that's right Dukkais lost didn't he??!! Oh well that's because he promised a tax INCREASE, just like Gore is promising. Clinton did Gore no favors be vetoing a tax cut in an election year, political suicide. I can only come to the conclusion that Clinton and Gore put HUGE bets on Bush at the offshore books.

Comment

I am sorry to hear some here think the Democrats are the answer to our problems. I need to remind you that it was Reagan who set up the business climate that has produced the economy we have today with his 25% tax cut (stretched out over 3 yrs by the D's in order to gain politically) and the deregulation he started. His defense buildup caused an increase in the deficit but they were coming down until 1986 when the D''s took back the Senate. Look what happened when Bush joined the D's on his tax increase. Recession!! Then Clinton comes around and gets the benefit of no S&L bailout, business cycle coming back, Social Security taxes increasing, Defense spending cut and claims he has balanced the budget!!! HaHa!! Can anyone name a policy initiative the Clinton-Gore team has produced (other than Defense cuts) that has led to the reduction of the deficit? I am not enamored with the R's these days for they have started to try and legislate behavior which is not what Reagan was about but it all boils down to this - Which candidate can best moderate his extreme wings? Bush has in his speeches seemed to project that path but Gore has fully embraced his extreme wing and let it be known that is how he will govern. Bush has the South and most of the Mountain states locked up and is causing Gore to compete in CA and NY. I don't see Gore winning.

Comment

Working...
                              X