HighSchool Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Railbird,

Long Beach Poly here (Jordan also) I went to school with the likes of Mark Carrier, Leonard Russell and several others , and concerning Mater Dei, can you say Elementary school recruitment. Speaking of Los Alamitos High, who's the best ballplayer ever to come out of that school? I have a feeling you'll get this one.

BTH

Comment

Bth,

I recall that Poly Jackrabbit team gaging to a less talented Edison highschool.

best grif is tough,Im going with Brad Melsby.They had a string of good qbs in early 90's,also Jt snow was a marginal qb.I would half to ask my freind about pre 1980.

Top 25 USa today out today

1.De La Salle
      2.St.Ignatius
      3.L.B.Poly
      4.Westlake Austin,Tx
      5.Garland
      6.Richmond County
      7.Ben Davis
      8.Jenks
      9.MaterDei
      10.Cathedral Prep
      11.St.louis Honolulu
      12.Mullen Prep
      13.Lakeland
      14.Central
      15.West Monroe
      16.Crettin
      17.Brother Rice
      18.Hackensack
      19.Bucks West
      20.LEe
      21.Gadsen
      22.Redbank
      23.Highlands
      24.Southridge
      25.Montgomery Bell

Comment

How about the Steve Beuerlein led Edison team in the early 80's, Edison had some of the most talented squads of that decade.I was thinking JT Snow as too the fact of being talented at the bases as well as on the football field.

BTH

[This message has been edited by bigtimehoops (edited 10-04-2000).]

Comment

BTH,
          Steve Beuerelein went to Servite HS (another recruit-anywhere Catholic school). Or, at least that's where he finished. I saw him play basketball in the Orange holiday tourney in his sr year against my alma mater, Costa Mesa, when my younger brother played in his jr year, 1981.

Question for you SoCal basket historians: best h.s. pure shooter to disappoint in college? Hint- I kept stats against him in summer league.

Jeff

Comment

Greg Goorjian was the best shooter,Tom Lewis under achieved as well.I think Tyson Chandler could have skipped his sr yr at Dominguez and entered the NBA draft as a high school Jr,he will be a lottery pick next year.

Comment

Anyone from Del Co. PA??? How is Ridley High football doing these days?

Comment

Yeah thats right Servite it was, my mind is slipping on me, good call. Tom Lewis out of Mater Dei would top my list of dissapointments another player that went head to head with him , turned out a bit of a lackluster career was Chris Sandle from Poly High. I remember him and Lewis battling on good ol channel 56 for the CIF title back in ?? 83 ??.

BTH

Comment

Questions for you socal hoop guys.

Who is considered to be the most highly recruited pre high schooler in So cal B ball history (least for what Ive read in a few papers)?

BTH

Comment

Who do you guys think is the biggest dissapointment to come out of So Cal football, I have two in mind right away.

BTH

Comment

Todd " green bud " Marinovich

Russell " I cant play cause I stubbed my toe " White

BTH

Comment

Guys,

My answer was Mark Wulfmeyer of Troy '74. He went to USC to pitch and played little for Bob Boyd's roundball program. His range was amazing - in pre 3pt line days - and his form defined 'pure'. Another future star played in that summer of '73 league: Anne Meyers played with the boys.

Jeff

Comment

Some area's take highschool FB/BKB very seriously. My area of Western Pennsylvania had many stores that dealt highschool foots. The Pittsburgh papers(two in those days)published #s. No problem making a 3 teamer on Green Bay, UCLA & New Castle High. It may be different now but I doubt it. On big games getting down for a couple dimes at the same # was no problem...Scotty

Comment

Very interesting thread you started Railbird. All you guys got some good recall.
                            jlpblade/ How about Nancy Liebermann being able to hold her own vs the men? Anne Myers was fantastic also. Per sex, she was better than bro.
                            scott/ our friend B.B. is looking for your new #. No hurry though. He's on a new diet. He won't eat anything that's not comped

Comment

Take Anniston, AL -10 over Saks, AL

Also, go over 33 points.

Comment

Ronbets, I remember David Myers quitting the NBA for spiritual purposes. What idealism! In fact, I was so inspired by David, I plan to quit scalping in a year or two and devote myself to being a missionary in Asia. I just love the missionary position.

Comment

Working...
                                X