X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weeks Royal Review

Royal Review
    By Victor Ludorem

I’m not sure if it’s just me but a true sign you’re getting old is when you notice all your sports heroes are dead. Perhaps as a kid you placed your idols high upon a pedestal and as you grew those pedestals don’t appear so lofty. This makes it tough for contemporary greats to compete through the eyes of a crusty cynic. So I pose the question, “Who would you invite to your Thanksgiving Dinner?

My list…. Babe Ruth, Ben Hur, Don Meredith, Bobby Jones, Crazy Legs Hirsch, Arnold Palmer and Cotton Nash. Remember when you were twelve years old and thought you could eat the whole turkey, dressing and two pies, and “oh how we tried.” The Royal family would like to extend with youthful exuberance our warmest holiday wishes. We want every one of you to embrace this Thanksgiving like never before. Now is your chance to change your old cynic lens and freshly view this occasion through the wide eyes of your youth. Focus. Make it a special time in your own way.

Now that you can see clearly, you kids will love the spanking Royal took last weekend. Sorta reminded me of a weekend at GranMa’s house. Today it might be considered child abuse but heck, back then it was the price for misbehaving. Saturday was a hickory switch and Sunday a razor strap.

Illinois 34 Ohio St. 22 - 6to1 ratio of clients collected on this beauty. Late night police report causes line to switch favourites day before the game from Illini+2 to -2. (DWI 4 OSU QB+ 2TO = FUBAR).

Temple 17 West Virginia 14 - Upset of the day Temple +18.5 A 25to1 ratio of lemmings went down on this Coal Miner’s daughter. Owl RB Tanardo Sharp runs for 172 yds. A ‘running owl’… just sounds weird.

BYU 26 Utah 21 - Ever heard of the Koshers, the Beards, the Poker Boys, the Computer Group. Add a new clan to the list of organized betting groups…. the Mormons. Inside information in the Salt Lake state travels their network at fiber-optic speed and the information stays inside. You’ve heard the stories about Brigham Young also, I wonder if Luke Staley is related to Duce Staley.

Iowa St. 49 Kansas 6 - Everybody’s choice, the Cyclones-10 dominated every statistical category. Speaking of submissive, the Jayhawks give up more turnovers than the Pillsbury Doughboy’s sister.

Boise St. 56 San Jose St. 6 - A Royal lathering of 45to1 proportion. The only people who did not win on this game forgot to call and lay the -17 points. The Broncos ran out of gas in the third quarter like Big Daddy Don Garlitz and coasted across the line to a blowout victory.

Maryland 23 NC St. 19 - Headlines read…’Tortoise Beats Big Bad Wolf’. Very close game which 4 out of 5 bookmakers agree, the ending sucked Royal. Terps prove they are for real this season or at least lucky MoFos as they come from behind late and win their first ACC Crown since 1985.

After collecting sacks of gold on Saturday the players all returned in earnest on Sunday to beat us over the head in the NFL. The ratios weren’t as bad but the stands were massive.

Eagles 36 Dallas 3 - An 8to1 ratio fattened up for Turkey Day in this lopsided contest. Actually it was no-contest at all. Time for the Cowpokes to turn over a new Leaf, the same old one won’t get it done. Cheers of “Bring back Dandy Don!” echo in Texas Stadium.

Falcons 23 Packers 20 - Finally a winner for Royal! Chris Chandler’s record performance playing ‘Keep Away’ from Brett Favre was huge ‘keeping’ this game ‘away’ from the dreaded Teaser Zone.

Steelers 20 Jaguars 7 - This was not a pretty game for animal rights activists watching a wounded Jaguar careen downhill in a wheelchair smack into a Steel Curtain. 43yds. rushing, SPCA cringes- Bettors rejoice.

Now get out there and make something special happen and don’t forget the Pumpkin pie.

Seems to me that there's been more bad weeks for the house than good ones this year.

This brings us back to the age old question of "our any books going to be in trouble come Super Bowl"?

Comment

You are right,it has not been a banner year for the books. Some books are in trouble already. This is the cold hard reality of the business. How can you pay out huge bonuses, cover your expenses and pay out winners? It just won't work. We have done the math and continue to stick to a sound business plan of risk management decisions.
      If you ever see Royal Sports offering ridiculous bonuses over and above the excellent Royal Rewards Program of perks for those clients "Loyal to Royal" THEN YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED. Until that time Royal will continue to thrive and prosper while upholding our sterling reputation for fair numbers and prompt payouts.

Comment

Working...
      X