Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer Service problem with Carib. (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Service problem with Carib. (long)

Now, I wouldn't post this if I haven't already tried other methods of resolving, but I've hit a wall talking to Carib customer support.

Let me start out by saying my betting methods may be considered annoying by some of the books. I don't like having the money in my accounts very long, and deposit and withdraw on a fairly frequent basis. Carib allows one free withdrawal per week via paypal, and if I withdraw any more frequently, I take the 3% hit. No big deal at all.

Here is their posted policy as of yesterday:

"PayPal Transfer: (Cashouts processed 7 days a week, around the clock) One Free cashout every 5 days otherwise there is a 3% service charge on withdrawls. On all withdrawls there is a $20 minimum. Funds will be transferred only if your PayPal email address information matches the information we have on file. Our accounts department will then be watching your request to first approve and then process your transfer. "

Last week I had requested 3 or so withdrawals (I know a bit extreme), all of which I paid 3% on. No problem there. I went to make a withdrawal of $2100.00 on Monday AM, and it had been over 7 days since my last free Paypal withdrawal. But I was hit with a $62.00 charge. Since it had been over 7 days, this should have been classified as a free withdrawal according to their rules.

Here's there response: You must wait 5 days between any withdrawal to qualify for a free one. Well, I asked numerous times to point me to the place that this was explained on their website, and they said I was interpreting their rule (see above) incorrectly.

If they screw someone over $62.00 that bets over $2-4 grand a week, then I frankly would suggest you place your money elsewhere.

Maybe my methods aren't appreciated by them, but I was simply following their stated policies. That or they may have been pissed that I turned $300 into $2000.

Who knows. I've called them and sent memos and they simply give me the runaround.

there site says,"you must go 5 days without a cashout to receive a free one" did you go 5 days without one?if you did you're in the right,if you did not then they are right.

Comment

A couple of months back someone else posted almost the same complaint. At that time Carib agreed to change the wording of the rule, which as bill777 pointed out has been done.

Comment

If their site says it, they changed it. I posted their policy directly by copying and pasting:

"PayPal Transfer: (Cashouts processed 7 days a week, around the clock)
        One Free cashout every 5 days otherwise there is a 3% service charge on withdrawls. On all withdrawls there is a $20 minimum. Funds will be transferred only if your PayPal email address information matches the information we have on file. Our accounts department will then be watching your request to first approve and then process your transfer. "

One free cashout every 5 days. I went over 8 without a free cashout. Where in the above paragraph do you see that you must have 5 days in between any withdrawals to qualify. I took a withdrawal 3 days before it, and ate the 3% charge. No biggie. But every 5 days in english, means every 5 days. Maybe in they go by a different form of the language which allows them to add hidden meanings that they can only explain on the phone, by adding the phrase, "you must wait 5 days between ANY transaction, not just free ones".

I have no issue with this if it was documented, but it wasn't. If they do this over $62.00, I can only imagine if it was something substantial.

Great customer service.. Oh yea, they said Lily would get back to me after Mario gave me the run around and pulled explanations out of his ..., but I never heard back.

Guess they don't have the forethought to think that they will no longer have a captive market once it becomes legal in the US. Which it will be within 5 years.

Good luck.

Comment

Please send the link to where you are seeing that it says you must go 5 days before qualifying. In speaking to Mario, he said that it was found at:

http://www.caribsports.com/user/cgi/cashout

There is nothing here that states you must wait 5 days before ANY withdrawal to qualify. If it says something different than I copied and pasted above, it changed.

EVERY 5 days means Every 5 days unless an exception is listed. Good lord.

Comment

go to cahier info on the carib site,go down to where it says "how to receive your cash" where it says paypal.com the last sentence says "you must go 5 days without a cashout to receive a free one"

Comment

You are correct, it is indeed listed there. I suppose it's my responsibility to check every possible link on their site for the current rules and not use the rules listed on their own cashout form: http://www.caribsports.com/user/cgi/cashout

Thanks for at least finding it. I'm happy it's documented, now if they would update the form everyone uses for cashouts, we'd be all set.

Still very unimpressed by their response to an obvious oversight on their part.

Comment

This is a spot where a little compromise would go a long way. Like if they only charged you half or something. The books don't seem to understand that! The good press would go a long way.

Comment

I don't think it would be going out on a limb to suggest that almost EVERY book would find your methods of depositing and withdrawing to be "annoying". I suspect that some just don't say it to your face. I don't debate your right to have your money anytime you want, but you sir are a high maintenance individual. No I don't and have never worked for a book. But I do run a business and I'm acquainted with, shall we say "different customer personalities". Your actions require a level of service that is only sustainable because only a small percentage of people act in that manner. Sometimes you don't have to do something that is wrong to be wrong.

Comment

I would be the first to agree with you. Fortunately, I'm in this to make money, and frankly I could care less if I'm high maintenance. I follow all posted policies, and if they can't abide by them, then they should find another business to be in.

Comment

I'm in this to make money too, and I do and have.......all the while staying in the good graces of most involved and without being a major pest. What is the point to all the depositing and withdrawing? With the figures you've mentioned, you sound seriously undercapitalized for someone who "is in it to make money". Extracting the last possible percentage or advantage endears you to no one and ultimately you'll end up making less than if you didn't do so.

Comment

IS JON 'JOLLY' ROGERS STILL RUNNING CARIB? THAT MIGHT EXPLAIN THIS

Comment

Working...
                        X