RestEasy NFL Week 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RestEasy NFL Week 14

Already week 14. Geez this season goes by fast.

Thursday Night Football

Denver -3, over 41
    Too many points to place it straight up. A cover by either team would not surprise me. What would surprise me is if denver loses. They are still playing for that #2 spot and will continue to put up numbers. Moreno is running well the last 2 weeks and oakland is getting killed on the ground as the #28 run D letting up 15tds this seasons so far. Their pass D isn't much better at 25th and having given up 24tds! Only KC has given up more and that's by 1.

Good luck folks!

Teasers
    Denver pk, over 38, Cleveland +3.5

I played Denver -3 / Ov 41 last night. Hopefully I won't jinx anybody. I've been on a slide lately. I don't think there's an issue with the side but I hope Oakland can score 13-16 pts.

Comment

hopefully not
      I see a line move to 9.5 now.. darn that would have been nice to have the 1/2. Still like the play of course.
      I figure oakland should give up about 28 or higher and then score about 17 themselves maybe 20 especially in garbage time.

Good luck!

Comment

Props
        Oak QBs Most Gross Pass yds +22.5 +120
        why would anyone bet that against peyton freaking manning? Ok game logs.
        Peyton last 5 games: 242, 285, 270, 301, 291
        Palmer last 5 games: 351, 146, 312, 368, 414
        Oakland likely will be down big enough they'll have to air it out.

Knowshon Moreno over 78.5 rush yards
        Oakland 28th in yds/g on the ground. They should be up at some point towards the end where it'll be run run run run run.

Comment

what a shitty beat. missed the 2pt to push the teaser, 2 endzone picks, kneel down within 10yds. what the hell.
          split the props, 1 teaser still alive just barely.

Comment

Sunday

Jags +3
            The jets are terrible. Now they travel down to jax where henne is actually playing decent. He'll rebound off that poor showing in the weather and the jets will show they learned nothing by starting sanchez instead of mcelroy.

Bears -3 (even odds)
            bears have been stuck at even odds -3 for a couple days. Vikes put Harvin on IR and bears just lost to the seahawks. Ponder is not russell wilson. They focus on AP and bottle up rudolph and they'll be fine.

Bengals -3
            They are playing very well right now. Their D is cohesive, their running attack effective coupled with the air threat. The cowboys haven't shown much bite. Murray back is helpful but how much? Hard to tell against a lame duck team and they were down most of that game. One team playing well as a unit, another playing hit or miss football.

Baltimore +2.5
            Well, the redskins are one of the surprises of the NFL this season. They are poised to finish 1st or 2nd in the nfc east after years in the cellar (I think they win the 3 after this). The ravens are leading the afc north with a firm grasp and are vying for the 2 seed. They have injuries and aren't as hot as the redskins. Still, they have ray rice and flacco can move the ball against a near last rated pass D. Very big win off a short week for the skins and a big loss to galvanize the ravens.

Bills -3
            At home against a rams team that just won a big divisional win. Inside the division the rams are an unstoppable force. Outside, not so much. I think they blew their wad. Bills win and cover.

Teasers
            philly/tb o37, seattle pk, browns +7
            baltimore +10, jax +10, bears +4
            TB -0.5, Pitt -0.5

The following are not plays but leans. I think the lines are inflated on these and they could cover but the opponents bad enough to be down far and yet possibly find a backdoor cover. Can't decide on them.
            The following are good teaser fodder as I expect the listed team to win SU.

Pitt -7 .5
            Chargers traveling east and playing terribly. As I've mentioned many times before they've beaten no one all season. Steelers with big ben back and a little weather. I'm expecting a pretty heavy run game from the steelers to kill the clock for the win and that highly vulnerable chargers o-line to break enough to give pitt an overwhelmingly dominating time of possession.

browns -6.5
            the browns are nearly td favorites!? The chiefs are coming off a hugely emotional win. We've seen this several times this season and we'll see it again this weekend. Plus, the chiefs are not at all that good.

Tampa Bay -7.5
            the eagles have 1 weapon, Bryce Brown. The bucs have the #1 run D in yds/g though they've let up 9 tds (middle of the pack at 16th). So, let's call that even. Foles is not the answer, freeman is playing very well, tampa has playoff hopes and is home, philly is and does not.

Comment

I like the over in det/gb, over in no/nyg, bears, atl, pats,,,,anything short of 4-1 will be unacceptable
              Last edited by hart attack; 12-08-2012, 10:20 PM.

Comment

wow what a shitty day

Comment

another teaser
                  seattle +4, over 26, gb +4

Comment

Monday Night

Houston +5.5

Some serious line movement here. Was 3 at one point, moved to 4 and held, then this morning Boom, 5.5
                    I don't think people take the texans seriously. They look at that jags game, yes they had a bad game but won (remember when NE lost to the cards?). Then the detroit game they had the shortest week possible with a thursday Morning game. No shock there that was close. After some rest they handled the titans easily and now have that extra day to travel to the pats for monday night.
                    The pats are one of the constants in the NFL always having a competitive team. This year they've looked great but who have they really played? Jets x2, dolphins x2, bills x2, rams, cards, titans... They have 1 real quality win against denver (whom houston beat as well) and a good win against another playoff team in the colts. They lost to baltimore and seattle. Now they play the texans and I'm not sure they dominate.
                    I'm taking the points.

On thing of note here, light rain is likely at 80% chance, winds in the mid to low teens temperature around 55.

Comment

I agree. I think the Pats win a close one here late. Points are the only way to look.

Comment

I'll add to that 1/2 that bet on
                        Houston +12.5, over 45

though I am wondering if I like that over or not.... Just hard to go against points with either team. Hence half.

Comment

Holy Cow! NE up to -7 on SportsInteraction. I have two small teasers left in the running, with NE +3.5 and another w/NE +2 and over 46. I'm seriously considering trying to get a middle, now that it is at +7 for Houston. I usually don't look at that, an all or nothing kind of bettor, but what do you think out there?
                          Last edited by oldluds; 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I'm seeing a line of 6 at the moment. if I could get 7 I'd be really tempted however I never seem to do well in these situations, i.e. hit both sides. If you really feel strongly about what you have now you might want to stay pat and take the profit. For me I think it would depend on my bankroll at the moment. If it took a pretty good hit over the week-end I might want to gamble and try and hit both ways, thus at worst maybe getting at least something out of this game. If I was up a decent amount I might play conservative and stay pat and not try to get greedy.
                            EDIT: Or, if you're a rich bastard and the profits (or lack thereof) don't matter at the end of it all then just go for it :^ )
                            Last edited by dragon1952; 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Dragon. You make some excellant points. I will probably wait till game time, if still +7(or better), I will play a small amount, to back your statement, "at worst get a little out of this game" That remark resembled me and my betting, much more so than the final edit portion Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X