College Bowl Contest - Group 2 Pick Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
    Why would you go for two? Sure it would be an awesome win, but after all that comeback, your guys deserve to play OT and get the win that way.

I guess they felt they had the momentum and the right play call. Too bad.
    You have the HilltoppersREELING stunned SHOVE THAT BALL IN get the win!!!

Had they succeeded?

Its among the "Greatest Bowl Games Ever".

I want to say 'I think it was the call' but they lost so...ummm....I suppose it was the wrong call. Feels like the right call tho. Don't give The Hilltoppers a chance to ReCombombulate. Seize The Moment.

Comment

10 games down and our leaders are at 80% Krinsky- 70% Porky and Corn Picker.

We have many games to play. I am 5-5 and figure I get stronger the later the bowls game progress.

The next 3 games will determine for me who turns the corner 34% into this contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
        10 games down and our leaders are at 80% Krinsky- 70% Porky and Corn Picker.

We have many games to play. I am 5-5 and figure I get stronger the later the bowls game progress.

The next 3 games will determine for me who turns the corner 34% into this contest.
        For a number of us Carpet, the only thing we could get is stronger, from this point forward. We get weaker and we might plummet out the bottom of the Internet.

Big Ups to those who've bust out of the gate 80% and 70%. I hope you've made $$$ of these picks.

And yes. Big Card up for dragon's birthday.

Me and these other Bottom Feeders will rally.

Comment

CornPicker tells me he likes Illinois and the points-he figures LL will be without some key players for the game.
          ONE PLAY CornPicker. If Jihad Ward after he rumbles down near the 10 after scooping up that fumble doesn't give the ball back we'd have likely had this one. Hell of a play by the QB from LaTech Cody Sokol after taking a hard sack to cause the fumble he gets up and hustles his ass of, I think he may have even made the hit on Wells to cause that 2nd fumble but whether he did or not he got right in the crush and got the ball back for his team.

To see a QB make a hustle play like that, give all he's got for his team A QB fer chrissakes!!!!

I'm OK with the L as it resulted from one of the most amazing HEART PLAYS I've seen from a QB in my life. I think you capped it well Corn Picker, we could have covered here but for that one play with the 2 fumbles and Illinois giving the ball back. The 3rd down conversion then the long pass on the mismatch to give La tech the ball at the 2 deflated The Fighting Illini, sapped the fight from them.

Comment

Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
            ONE PLAY CornPicker. If Jihad Ward after he rumbles down near the 10 after scooping up that fumble doesn't give the ball back we'd have likely had this one. Hell of a play by the QB from LaTech Cody Sokol after taking a hard sack to cause the fumble he gets up and hustles his ass of, I think he may have even made the hit on Wells to cause that 2nd fumble but whether he did or not he got right in the crush and got the ball back for his team.

To see a QB make a hustle play like that, give all he's got for his team A QB fer chrissakes!!!!

I'm OK with the L as it resulted from one of the most amazing HEART PLAYS I've seen from a QB in my life. I think you capped it well Corn Picker, we could have covered here but for that one play with the 2 fumbles and Illinois giving the ball back. The 3rd down conversion then the long pass on the mismatch to give La tech the ball at the 2 deflated The Fighting Illini, sapped the fight from them.
            It really hurt to have former player Houston Bates playing for Ltech and he killed us with 4 sacks he was a major factor. Kicking field goals or
            extra points is killing Illinois. I look for Illinois to play better next year as they will have over 350 games started on the roster.-Carpet

Comment

It really hurt to have former player Houston Bates playing for Ltech and he killed us with 4 sacks he was a major factor. Kicking field goals or
              extra points is killing Illinois. I look for Illinois to play better next year as they will have over 350 games started on the roster.-Carpet
              Yeah....he was a Monster. At least 2 of those sacks had a huge "game-ball" input on the game. Like his final sack. Illini needed to take it down the field, they needed to answer. Houston Bates didn't wanna hear an answer. At All.

Regarding the 2nd bolded thing in your post above. I discovered my own NCAA FB System. Which is incredible because NFL is my thing, trying to figure in advance how 19, 20 year old boys are gonna perform is a challenge to me, to put it mildly.

FADE any team at the bottom part of the list of # of returning starters, in their first road game.

If the CENTER has not returned for a team consider strongly additional fades...Ist game if home?, absolutely 1st Away game, possibly additional games on top of these.

I ain't backtracked to see what it do....wouldn't even know where to start on that....I think it works amazingly. It did for me this season, the first time I did it. I observed too much though, didn't pull trigger on enough plays. Cuz I have close to 0% confidence that I can succeed at College Football betting.

Comment

FADE any team at the bottom part of the list of # of returning starters, in their first road game.

Brilliant

Comment

Brilliant
                  Thanks. I KNOW it probably exists somewhere already but I SWEAR I came up with it on my own after the South Carolina upset loss by A&M made me check the list of Returning Starters for some reason....

To any who'd accuse me of lying about coming up with this on my own I swear I wouldn't, next year will be the first year I'll focus totally on trying it out.....any input on TIGHTENING this up would be appreciated.

CENTER position is vital, obviously QB...goes without saying.....I enjoy kicking around "refinement" of such systems....

Like the enormous % of PrimeTime NFL games that went OVER this season. Sunday Night Visitor's NEXT GAME was on a hell of an over run too. Preseason next year we need to strongly consider a SYSTEMS THREAD where we publish then REFINE SYSTEMS.

Vegas is gonna overcompensate, maybe, for the PrimeTime overs so maybe we look at an UNDER system wherein we play 1st half under and if that loses then double down on 2nd half under...but I think our Win % would have to be 70% to profit so maybe we just use a refined OVER SYSTEM....of some type.

Theres so much more we could do with this....a healthy group focus/discussion/Brainstorming session on SYSTEM PLAYS that we mold to be OUR OWN or just use as is cuz they work.

Food for thought during this offseason. If we can get it together we could, totally as a unit, bury the man.

Comment

Working...
                  X