Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about "The Mock Hilton" so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about "The Mock Hilton" so far?

Just thought I'd get a reaction from you guys about "The Mock Hilton" contest. Would you like to see any changes for next year, assuming everyone wants to continue the contest. Let me know what you think, thanks.

Very good organization on a short notice to get drum up excitement.

As of now, since it is supposed to mirror the Hilton, I cannot think of anything.

Good job!

Comment

excellent contest... one of the best I've ever played in. Hopefully we can continue the contest again next year.

Only thing I would change is the midnight saturday deadline. I would like to see a noon sunday deadline... maybe even 1 pm sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Monroe Eaford View Post
        excellent contest... one of the best I've ever played in. Hopefully we can continue the contest again next year.

Only thing I would change is the midnight saturday deadline. I would like to see a noon sunday deadline... maybe even 1 pm sunday.
        This is the real Hilton Contest rule:

Weekly entries are due at 11AM sharp each Saturday.

Comment

love the contest. Actually think the midnight deadline is generous seeing as how the real hilton had picks in at 11am. Makes it harder and more enjoyable.
          Not sure anything could be changed. Hopefully we do this again next year and drum up even more players.

Comment

Like to see 100 next year?

Comment

I agree; really good contest.

More players would be nice but I would like to see all of the rules finalized before we start. We have two rules that were up in the air, tiebreaks and entry deadline. The specific deadline really does not matter to me, but it should be determined before we start next time. Considering this is a "mock" Hilton contest, the midnight deadline is very generous.

It is probably not possible, but a side pot for anyone who goes 5-0 any week would be fun also.

I look forward to the rest of this season and plan to play again next year.

Comment

This is how the official Hilton contest Tie-Breaker reads:

19. Tie-breaking Rules will be applied to determine first place only. Entries tying for second through twentieth place will equally split aggregate prize money from the respective place. If ties exist after the Pro Football regular season for first place, the champion will be determined based on the entry that accumulated the most contest points during the final three weeks of the regular season. If total points accumulated during the final three weeks is equal most points accumulated during the fourth to the final week will determine the winner, and so on weekly (in reverse order), until the tie is broken. In the unlikely occurrence of a tie after the tie-breakers, co-champions will be declared and the aggregate prize money will be split equally.

Comment

100 Players will be the goal next year. If we can get 100 enrolled the payout will look like this:

Pot = $5000

1st @ 40% = $2000

2nd @ 25% = $1250

3rd @ 20% = $1000

4th @ 10% = $500

5th @ 5% = $250

Looks good............

Comment

Thats would be fun at $100 too.

As for the deadline, there is no question we need to keep it the same as the regular contest...this removes the possibility of late line movement plays.

There is a reason they do it in the real hilton that way.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                      Thats would be fun at $100 too.

As for the deadline, there is no question we need to keep it the same as the regular contest...this removes the possibility of late line movement plays.

There is a reason they do it in the real hilton that way.
                      Think we'll keep it at $50. This gives everyone a better chance to play at an affordable entry fee. Well more then likely leave the deadline alone, it seems to work.

Comment

If we have 100 next year, perhaps we could pay more than the top 5 places. Perhaps the top 10.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by OCK View Post
                          If we have 100 next year, perhaps we could pay more than the top 5 places. Perhaps the top 10.

Just a thought.
                          Not a bad idea???

Comment

I'm liking it, lol....the 9PM PST deadline has been tough on me sometimes, but I think its fair. One time I was on the phone with my wife going "yeah, its a piece of paper on the sofa with lots and lots of scribbles, please read me the list on it...no not that list look to the right...yeah yeah..."

Comment

I love it, even though I donated 50 dollars to the cause. No way I was going win but glad to be a part of it.. Nice job "THE BOYS" in your handling this, VERY PROFESSIONAL.. HATS OFF TO YOU!!! Great contest and if we do it next year count me in on donating another 50.

Good luck to the winner...

Comment

Working...
                              X