YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST.........

Just some random thoughts going through the twisted mind of a sports bettor:

1. Isn't it wierd how when a team is on a roll, everybody's yapping about how unbeatable they are and it's "on to the Super Bowl" and all the hooplah and horsehit that comes along with a winning streak -- and when then they come back down to earth, like USC in the colleges and the Packers and Cowboys this weekend in the NFL, the talk suddenly changes to: "I told you they were over-rated, they haven't played anybody yet" and so on............and it changes from week-to-week depending on how good or how bad a particular team looks in their last game........The same can be said for the opposite end of the spectrum.........Look at the Chargers........right when everybody west of the Mississippi is calling for the head of "loser-boy" Norv Turner, they show up for a change in Denver Sunday, and all of the radio talk is how the Chargers are back.........Sure they looked good yesterday with everything going their way, but it was only Denver, who will struggle to finish at .500 this year because they also suck (hell, even the Raiders almost beat 'em at home).........Just goes to show you how short the memory of the average fan is............They only remember what happened last week, and that's it.

2. Trent Green will never again play competitive football at the NFL level ............He will end up going the Steve Young route and heed his doctor's advice to quit while he can..........I said in an earlier thread this year that the K.C.Chiefs hadn't been the same team since Trent Green suffered his concussion, and even though he's not with the Chiefs anymore, it won't shake the cobwebs in his head anytime soon no matter where he surfaces.......Give it up Trent, trade in your helmet for a headset........You'll do just fine in the T.V. booth.........You sure can't do any worse than half of the dorks they've got up there now.

3. The Cleveland Indians and the Colorado Rockies will meet in one of the least-watched World Series ever -- because nobody outside of these two cities will give a shit, yet it promises to be one the most exciting series played in recent years and a good one to bet on.............Only two words stand in the way of this transpiring -- Can you say Arizona Diamondbacks?

4. Now that LSU is ranked at the top of the mediocre College Football world, they will no doubt be the next to fall from the ranks of the unbeatens..........Doesn't matter who you are, or how many points you may be favored by, you've still gotta show up to play............Just ask the USC Trojans, who probably lost to one of the 10-worst teams in Division -1 last week at home.

5. Now that the New England Patriots have acquired a 5-0 record by beating up on such powerhouses as the N.Y Jets, Buffalo and Cleveland, all of the smack talk is on how they could and should go undefeated this season..........Yeah right, what happens if they get to 12-0 or 13-0 and decide to start resting players for the playoffs -- not to risk injury, like Tony Dungy did a couple of years ago with the Colts..........You can kiss your future wager at sucker odds goodbye my friends.........Don't fall for this hogwash, there is no value offered and pretty much a lose/lose situation...........But either way, that's all we're gonna hear about until they or the Colts lose a game.

Just my zany opinion that I need to spout off with once in a while just to keep my sanity in this crazy unpredictable world of sportsbetting...........Your's is welcome too !! Good Luck to you.

;)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts bud. There's only one thing though. You forgot to mention who was in 1st place in the AFC West. How long ya figure that will last? You know who they play this week. I think they could win.

Comment

Isn't it wierd how when a team is on a roll, everybody's yapping about how unbeatable they are and it's "on to the Super Bowl" and all the hooplah and horsehit that comes along with a winning streak -- and when then they come back down to earth, like USC in the colleges and the Packers and Cowboys this weekend in the NFL, the talk suddenly changes to: "I told you they were over-rated, they haven't played anybody yet" and so on............and it changes from week-to-week depending on how good or how bad a particular team looks in their last game........The same can be said for the opposite end of the spectrum.........Look at the Chargers........right when everybody west of the Mississippi is calling for the head of "loser-boy" Norv Turner, they show up for a change in Denver Sunday, and all of the radio talk is how the Chargers are back.........Sure they looked good yesterday with everything going their way, but it was only Denver, who will struggle to finish at .500 this year because they also suck (hell, even the Raiders almost beat 'em at home).........Just goes to show you how short the memory of the average fan is............They only remember what happened last week, and that's it.
      Couldnt agree any more my friend.... its all a product of our 247 news
      The best thing I can say is watch less ESPN... WIll increase the bankroll... there nothing more then touts....I listened to one of the guys on ESpn tonight say how TO was the most over rated WR of all times. Its hard for me to make an argument against such accusations. But who the hell made him so overrated the same fools who loved him the week before...
      jpehl

Comment

Yeah that AFC lead will probably last until the opening kickoff in San Diego this weekend............Not wanting to knock my boys or anything, but they're still just a mediocre football team that have taken advantage of an easy early schedule.............Sure they are improving (especially the left side of the offensive line), but they've still got a long way to go and the future looks bright under this innovative new head coach ............What scares me is that they still have Andrew Walter listed as back-up to Daunte Culpepper at the QB position........Sure hope nothing happens to him, but it sure doesn't say much for the progress JaMarcus Russell has made during practice (even though I don't expect him to play until the post-season is statistically unreachable) which by-the-way might be by week 9 or 10.

As for ESPN........the only time I watch is if there is a good College Football match-up on ........I don't watch the NFL games there because I can't stand the announcers........Especially that bald-headed dweeb..........Never watch the Sportcenter and talk shows because they are too scripted, noobdy knows how to ad-lib anymore............and it's too bandwagon-ish and corny...........I like thinking my own thoughts and coming to my own conclusions rather than being force fed...........But J-Pal's right about one thing...........Just listen to these shit spewing fools and bet the opposite..........They're always wrong !!

Good Luck guys.

;)

Comment

4. Now that LSU is ranked at the top of the mediocre College Football world, they will no doubt be the next to fall from the ranks of the unbeatens..........Doesn't matter who you are, or how many points you may be favored by, you've still gotta show up to play............Just ask the USC Trojans, who probably lost to one of the 10-worst teams in Division -1 last week at home.

Sure didn't take long for this prophecy to become reality.............Next.
          ;)

Comment

I been saying usc is over rated for a long time. that annual cupcake schedule shouldnt give them first shot at a title. let them try playing a SEC schedule and see how many tables they could run. those imposters have been exposed a few times already this season with probably a couple of more to come. same thing with ohio state. big 10 is another cupcake conference that get way too much hype for its 1 or 2 teams that survive their annual "tough" game and manage 10-11 wins.

as for the patriots, i am not a NE fan, but all these guys do is routinely destroy whoever is put in front of them. guess we will see how good they and/or dallas are this week.

Comment

With the exception of the Boston College football team, I hate all of the sports teams from Boston............Granted, the Patriots are very good, but they lost a little shine and a whole lot of my respect with that video camera incident -- and I know the Boston fans will hate on me for writing this, and they'll say that people are always looking for ways to knock the good teams but let's face it, even if they soundly defeat the Cowboys today (and they should) they still have the rest of the schedule to play and they haven't won anything yet.........Quit handing them the Super Bowl trophy in October please.

As for the Red Sox, I've been saying all along that you take 'em out of Fenway, and they're just another team.........The Cleveland Indians promise to prove this over the next few days, and we'll make a good stash when they do...........Manny Ramirez is a prima-donna media bitch that does more hustling off the palying field than on it.

Not wanting to leave out the Boston Celtics..........O.K. so they make some good trades to enhance the team's strength, but they also haven't won shit yet..........It's gonna take a whole lot of changes and wins to make me forget about the days of Larry Bird, Robert Parrish and Kevin Mc Hale, let alone the days of Bill Russell and Hondo Havlicek.........start winning games and championships again, and then talk shit.

On the part about USC and the Pac 10 and Big 10 being overrated...........I couldn't agree more, this John David Booty character that the Trojans had been grooming behind the likes of Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart -- has been total bust !..............If it weren't for the very deep talent at the RB position (they've got about 6 or 7 tailbacks that would be leading rushers anywhere else) and the coaching prowess of Pete Carroll, they would only be about half way up in the Pac-10 standings.............I know the word "parity" is often overused these days when it comes to justifying the topsy-turvy results and upsets in sports these days, but it has never been more evident than now.
              ;)

Comment

Working...
              X