Widestrides NFL Picks Week 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 11

Just Leans and open for discussion now. Final picks later.

Last Week 5-8.

Season: 64-53 (55%)

Jets -5 at Denver. I got this early before it went to -6. Can't see Tebow pulling this off against the Jets D. Denver may be down to 3rd string RB. I see a return to form for Denver like what happened to them vs Detroit at home. Not that bad but Jets 24-13.

Jets/Bronocs under 41. I also got this early before it dropped from 42.5 to now 40! See above. 24-13 Jets.

Atlanta -6 vs Tennessee. Atlanta gets back on track and takes out their frustrations on Tennessee. 2nd home game for Falcons. 2nd Roadie for Tenny.

Cinci/Baltimore under 41. I see both defenses controlling this game. Baltimore 20-13.

Jacksonville +1 at Cleveland. I'm just going to keep fading Cleveland. I like Jax. Slow, but steady and tough D. Gabbert not there yet, but it seems neither is Colt McCoy, but to be fair, he doesn't have much support. Jacksonville 23-16.

Jacksonville/Cleveland over 34. Might as well take a stab. Sure it might be a 17-13 game, but both teams, or at least Cleveland may take some chances to jump start their offense. Jacksonville 23-16.

Dallas/Washington under 41.5. Skins D still decent and may play for pride. But they won't get much help from Rex and the offense. Dallas 24-13.

Arizona +10 at SF. SF has that lights out D and that is what the oddsmakers are banking on. Skelton or Kolb at QB vs SF defense. Harbaugh not like Mike McCarthy. He likes to slow play it so the +10 will be live right till the end of the game. SF 24-16.

Arizona/SF under 41. See above. SF 24-16.

St. Louis Rams -1 vs Seattle. Back home now with a couple of wins and the D playing well. Another effort like against the Saints three weeks back will do it. Seattle back on the road after their big win vs Baltimore may have a letdown. Banking on Rams D and Bradford to Brandon Lloyd. Rams 24-20.

Seattle/St. Louis over 39. Got it at 37.5. Opened at 37, but quickly to 39. Close game keeps both teams looking to score more. Rams 24-20.

Bears -3.5 vs SD. Hate that half point. I may keep riding the Bears till they lose. SD has lost 4 in a row. Rivers is not Rivers this year and SD seem to be quitting. His OL was awful vs the Raiders and now they lost their Pro Bowl LG. Bears will be all over Rivers. A cold day in Chicago and a few hits and strips from the Bears D and this one could be over early. Bears 27-20. I liked the under when it was 47, but it dropped fast to 45, so no play there.

I took the Giants -3 in an early line in a contest, but that seems unfair to post that. Not sure I want them at -5! Vick is questionable. Vince Young playing conservative and leaning on LeSean McCoy may actually be a better formula for Philly. But maybe Andy Reid has lost them with the DeSean Jackson fit. Eagles D not very good. Might play the over 46.5 then.

KC/New England over 46.5. This could play out like GB/Minny. Explosive offense for NE. Young QB for KC. Mistakes leading to more points. Pats 44-17. Pats D still soft and KC has some playmakers if the Palko can get it to them.

GL

Last edited by widestrides; 11-16-2011, 11:27 PM.

Locking in:
    Jets -5
    Jets/Broncos under 41
    Atlanta -6
    Cinci/Baltimore under 41
    Jacksonville +1
    Jacksonville/Cleveland over 34
    AZ/SF under 41
    St. Louis Rams -1
    Chicago -3.5
    KC/New England over 46.5

Comment

Adding:
      Miami -2.5

Dallas/Washington under 41.5

Arizona +10
      Giants -5

Updated Card
      Jets -5 (Lost. Sanchez Pick 6!)
      Jets/Broncos under 41 (Winner)
      Atlanta -6
      Cinci/Baltimore under 41
      Jacksonville +1
      Jacksonville/Cleveland over 34

Miami -2.5
      Dallas/Washington under 41.5
      Giants -5
      Arizona +10
      AZ/SF under 41
      St. Louis Rams -1
      Chicago -3.5
      KC/New England over 46.5

Comment

took

Buffalo +3.......underdog game of the week for me

Carolina +7.5...........with the hook

Bears -3.5

Comment

The Bills game is an interesting one. The collapse of the Bills vs. the winlessness of the Dolphins. Of course, the Dolphins aren't that bad of a team and the Bills collapse is injury related, so my inclination is that the Dolphins are the play here. But if Buffalo is certainly due for an upward bounce and this is as good a spot as any....

Comment

Working...
          X