Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mock Hilton/Westgate Rules"

"Mock Hilton/Westgate Rules"

This contest will be modeled as closely as possible after the "Las Vegas Hilton Super Contest"...........$50.00 entry fee.

#1 NFL sides only. Contestants must select five teams per week, per entry. Contestants may not select both sides of the game.

#2 We will use the official Hilton line which I will post by Wednesday evening.

#3 The Posting deadline for the Sunday and Monday games is Saturday by 12:00 Midnight EST. Please read rule #7 for Wed, Thurs. and Sat. games.

#4 All picks must be posted in one post. In the event you're unable to post your picks because of technical problems please email them to [email protected]

#5 No corrections or editing of picks is allowed.......be careful, could result in a 0-5 for the week.

#6 This contest will run for the regular season of 17 weeks @ 5 picks per week = 85 total picks. 1 point for a win and 1/2 point for a tie.

#7 The Wednesday-Thursday-Saturday rule: If you're using a Wed, Thurs. and or Sat. game in your picks then all picks must be posted in one post at least one hour before the earliest NFL scheduled kick off time. See rule number 4.

#8 Tie Breaker Rule: In the final two weeks of the Mock Hilton contest (weeks 16 & 17) the top 5 contenders must email their picks to [email protected] Picks will be posted after the Saturday 12:00 o'clock deadline. If a tie still exists after week 17 we will take it into the NFL Playoffs.

#9 Top five winners payout: 40%, 25%, 20%, 10%, 5%

#10 Winners will be asked to verify payment before prize money is released.

#11 Entries are unlimited at $50.00 per entry.

Pay Here http://www.bettorsworld.com/pp/hilton-contest.htm

Comment

'm in, love the contest. To eliminate any confusion or controversy. Rule 5. From the past a late post = 0-5 correct? Are there any other circumstances that WILL result in 0-5 . Not could result but will result in 0-5. Please be specific if possible.

Thanks . sending payment

Comment

Originally posted by winnersbyt&b View Post
        'm in, love the contest. To eliminate any confusion or controversy. Rule 5. From the past a late post = 0-5 correct? Are there any other circumstances that WILL result in 0-5 . Not could result but will result in 0-5. Please be specific if possible.

Thanks . sending payment
        It's all spelled out in the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boys View Post
          It's all spelled out in the rules.
          There is nothing spelled out in the rules between the Words Will and Could- Hence Winnersbyt&B Origininal Question.

It is pretty basic question in regards to rule 5-

Will result in 0-5 or Could result in 0-5 what could be the difference?

Please do not tell me to read the rules and dismiss the question as yesterday news.

Comment

Rule #5 has existed for five years. Now you are challenging it?

Comment

Not challenging Rule 5 I want to make it clear. Just give us one example where it will result in 0-5 not could result in 0-5. Not the posted late example we know that one. Is there another instance which will result in 0-5?

Comment

Just change the word "could" to "will" in rule 5. Wouldn't that settle things definitively?

Comment

Originally posted by The Guesser View Post
                  Just change the word "could" to "will" in rule 5. Wouldn't that settle things definitively?
                  Yes In my Humble opinion

Comment

http://www.bettorsworld.com/web/foru...-and-PAID-LIST
                    The Boys
                    09-04-2015, 11:16 AM
                    Rules:

Last season a few posted picks past the deadline. There will be NO exception this year. Please read the rules thoroughly. I repeat NO exceptions.

DOES THIS RING A BELL ?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                      http://www.bettorsworld.com/web/foru...-and-PAID-LIST
                      The Boys
                      09-04-2015, 11:16 AM
                      Rules:

Last season a few posted picks past the deadline. There will be NO exception this year. Please read the rules thoroughly. I repeat NO exceptions.

DOES THIS RING A BELL ?

What's your point? You are really starting to aggravate me. Jeff, Monroe Eaford and myself do all the work and you do all the complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boys View Post
                        What's your point? You are really starting to aggravate me. Jeff, Monroe Eaford and myself do all the work and you do all the complaining.
                        All I did was ask for clarity on a question. There is no complaining here.

If you cannot provide a response to COULD vs WOULD just say so.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj_c2UfMSks

Comment

Using "could" gives some wiggle room. Maybe some newbie edits their post, but well before the deadline. You COULD cut him some slack.

In fact, it would be great if we could edit our picks right up until the deadline! What's the harm? That way, you could put 5 picks in early and that would ensure you won't forget and miss out if you go on a bender on Saturday night.

There's absolutely no harm in doing so, as it doesn't mess up the scorer or anything. At midnight, Saturday it locks.

Right now the edit is set to like one minute. It can easily be changed.

Okay, now let the flaming begin! :-)

Comment

If your post contains the same team twice and it gets fixed in a reasonable amount of time would that result in a 0-5?
                              What if you post your picks and then change a few of your picks?

Comment

Working...
                              X