• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Divisional Round - SF @ Atl, Bal @ NE

Obviously this isn't the divisional round like the title says :^ /

AFC Championship
    New England -9
    Baltimore +9
    Just not sure I trust Baltimore on the road. Especially considering this will be their 12th straight game without a break. Sure they have played the Pats tough in the past but NE is nearly unbeatable at home and should not be nearly as spent physically and mentally. Since 2007 NE is 43-6 SU at home regular season, 5-2 in the playoffs, and in the Flacco era Bal is just 21-19 on the road regular season, 5-4 in the playoffs. NE's defense has improved with the acquisition of Aqib Talib who has only allowed 1 catch of 20 yards or more since Week 11. I don't think you'll see Torrey Smith, who seems to be a boom or bust type WR anyway, running rampant in this game like he did at Denver. And although they've put together a couple of decent efforts they are still just 3-4 in their last 7 games. A key stat is NE's best in the NFL +25 TO ratio. I think NE will win and cover in this one.
    Final score NE 35 - Bal 23

NFC Championship
    San Francisco -4
    Atlanta +4

This will be the toughest defensive team Atlanta has seen this year by far. Their 2 toughest match-ups to date were Arizona and last week vs a less than full strength Seattle defense. They won both by a combined 6 pts. And although Atlanta benefited greatly from a very positive TO ratio in going 13-3, they were a -5 in those 2 games (1-6 vs Ari and 2-2 vs Sea). That could very well be their demise this week also because SF has a pretty good TO ratio themselves. I like SF to cover this spread.
    Final score SF 30 - Atl 20
    Last edited by dragon1952; 01-17-2013, 09:53 PM. Reason: because I made a mistake on the f$*king title....allright?!?

Nice analysis Dragon1952- You made me blink a little on the Baltimore breakdown but I just think NE won't be as explosive offensively in this one and Baltimore will hang with them enough to cover (the pts. are too good to ignore). I'm with you all the way on SF, as far as I've been seeing- Atlanta is a fraud and they're lucky to even be playing this week. Matty Ice? -what has he won of any real significance (Regular Season pales in comparison to Playoff and Super Bowl performance)? I don't see Atlanta getting it done this year. SF by at least 7pts.

Comment

As goes Flacco so will the game. If he connects on those deep passes they can keep up with the Pats in a shoot out. I am scared of Bell get my check. So many times it seems like he plays the spread doing things like taking a knee on the one yard line with 2 minutes to go and failing to cove by 2 points. I am taking the points and playing over figuring Brady scores early and the Ravens play keep up with the pass and not so much on Rice. Also going with the 49ers and over although SFs defence scares me a little but figure Atlanta will score OK at home.

Comment

Working...
      X