Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Raiders Sec Preview (Vanderbilt Commodores)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Raiders Sec Preview (Vanderbilt Commodores)

This could be ugly....
    Offense: The offense only had three scoring drives over 35 yds. in Sec play. Quarterback Larry Smith is back but only completed 46.7% and a woeful 3.8 yards per completion in sec play. If this continues look for jr. college transfer Jordan Rodgers to see plenty of action.

One bright spot is at the running back position where Warren Norman was voted sec freshman of the year. He had 783 yds. rushing and was an excellent return man for Vandy.

John Cole is a very good receiver but after that they are very thin.

Defensively it doesn't get much better. Vandy ranked dead last in rush defense in the sec. That number will have to change if there is any hope.

Leading the way at linebacker is All Sec Chris Marve. He will be good again this year but the rest of the backers are very inexperienced.

The secondary is the bright spot with most returning. The special teams will be just average.

Bottom line: Vandy after making vast improvements in prior years, stunk last year. I don't see anything changing as I see the Commodores having a tough season...

Red Raiders Prediction: Best case scenario; 3-9 Worst case scenario 1-11 which I think will happen. I'll give them E.Mich. which I know was bad last year!!!!
Working...
X