Winandwin = 22.5
    Oldluds # 1 = 22.5

Miklos = 22
    JcCritic = 22
    Zman = 22

Danjustin = 17.5

Crash1500 = 12.5

Red Raider84 = 9

I think contestant Bill violated rule 7 for wed. ,thurs, sat games. post has to be make 1 hour before first game that day. Detroit-Minnesota game scheduled for 12:30. He posted at 12:12. Therefore it should be 0-5 UGH . Am I correct?

Comment

Originally posted by winnersbyt&b View Post
      I think contestant Bill violated rule 7 for wed. ,thurs, sat games. post has to be make 1 hour before first game that day. Detroit-Minnesota game scheduled for 12:30. He posted at 12:12. Therefore it should be 0-5 UGH . Am I correct?
      I do believe your are correct

Comment

nope.... We had this happen last year a couple of times. His Detroit pick on thursday was late so that one doesn't count. The other 4 picks count.

Comment

Mock Hilton

Leader: 35.5 points-59.17%
          Top 15: 55.44%

Real Westgate

Leader: 41 points-68.33%
          Top 18: 65.23%

Comment

Not talking about last season. To address our concerns for this year we had an open discussion on 8/6/16, where we expressed these concerns. WE AGREED to the following after much discussion. A) For rule 5 the word could was changed to WILL. B) 2 picks in the same post results in one of them being an automatic loss and C) And according to what Woodee12 said, late posts is an automatic 0-5 period. Carpet, myself,dragon1952 and others said the same from what I get from the discussion on 8/6/16. The Boys said previous year NO EXCEPTIONS for late posts. Having said that I would like clarification of this. Do we have 2 rules for late posts?? Late on Sunday games is 0-5 but late on Wed,Thurs,Sat games only the game that is posted late is a loss.??? Please clarify

Comment

it seems like your sole purpose in these contests is to get players picks not to count. Please clarify

Comment

Not true, I am sorry u interpret it that way. So why do we have rules?? I just want clarification of the late rule. do we have different late rules? From our discussion on 8/6/16 I thought from what the guys decided was late equals 0-5. If the rule is different for late posts on wed, thurs, sat than sunday. Just say that is the rule. So from now you don't want any questions asked or clarification of a rule? Amazing that a simple question for clarification is always interpreted the wrong way.

Comment

I was pretty happy going 5-0 for the first time in multiple years in this contest. I'm sorry I violated the rules by
                  not posting 1 hour before the first game. This is recreation so I don't spend a lot of time with the details. I don't have
                  an opinion on what the rules specify as the penalty and don't even want to waste any time looking into it.

I'd like to thank Monroe for treating my transgression as he has treated others in the past. I appreciate his
                  efforts in running this.

I will resolve the concern of those who feel I should have been graded 0-5 last week by not submitting picks
                  this week.

Comment

Originally posted by bill View Post
                    I was pretty happy going 5-0 for the first time in multiple years in this contest. I'm sorry I violated the rules by
                    not posting 1 hour before the first game. This is recreation so I don't spend a lot of time with the details. I don't have
                    an opinion on what the rules specify as the penalty and don't even want to waste any time looking into it.

I'd like to thank Monroe for treating my transgression as he has treated others in the past. I appreciate his
                    efforts in running this.

I will resolve the concern of those who feel I should have been graded 0-5 last week by not submitting picks
                    this week.
                    Bill Please pick your picks this week.

Monroe had made a ruling and you went 4-1 last week (nice job).

At this point in the season I am not going to start debating the contest rules for Thursday and 5 picks.

The ruling that the late Thursday pick did not count and the Sunday rest did seemed fair to me.

Bill we love having you around for the contest over the years. So Please make your picks this week Good Sir.

May they all be winners.

Carpet

"The Carpet always covers"

Comment

We can re-visit the rules again next season.

Comment

Originally posted by bill View Post

efforts in running this.

this week.
                        Bill, I appreciate the kind words.

Also, I hope you reconsider and post your plays for this weeks games.

Comment

Not a problem. Bill please post this week. And Monroe also thanks for running the contest. We know how difficult it is. Appreciate all the work u do. Thanks to The Boys and saying we will re-visit rules next season. Lets play and enjoy the holiday season.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will post picks, but based on past history 0-5 is more likely than 5-0.

Comment

Makes sense that only the Thursday night late pick gets graded a loss. I'm sure that is how they would handle it in Las Vegas. If you turned your 5 picks in after their Thursday night deadline, only the Thursday night game would be graded a loss.

Next year, we should drop the one hour rule for Thursday night as that comes from the GOW Contests and the desire to draw viewers to the site to see who picked whom. I doubt that it matters much on a Thursday night with just one game. We always end up screwing some newcomer up with that silly rule and there is no one hour before game time rule for the other picks. It's just confusing and stupid and doesn't belong in this contest.

Comment

Working...
                              X