Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football Discussion Week of September 10th....Picks and Thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Discussion Week of September 10th....Picks and Thoughts.

Post your picks and thoughts on the games you are playing here.

I was tied up a lot last week so I went pretty light on my college plays as nothing really caught my eye. I have been picking a bunch at the monitor but more of a pick the board kind of thing for fun as there is no way to I'd play that many games.

Onto this week...

Two so far from me. Will expand analysis as the week goes.

Iowa -2.5 over Iowa State--Strong rushing game and o-line vs. paper thin defensive line for Iowa State. This one will be won in the trenches. Iowa will dominate the trenches and win providing they do not turn the ball over.

Alabama -7 over A&M...I got 7 last night and I am going to work them into several teasers with NFL games to get it to a pick or -1. Bama will destroy A&M. I pegged this game at -10 at least. Revenge, 2 weeks to prepare for saban. Bama by 14+......RR what are your thoughts?

Woodee,

I honestly believe that this is going to be a barn burner. Both teams should score lots of points on the other one. I did pick A&M on the monitor at plus 8. I don't know if I would take the 7 and AM for money. You really make some valid points though. Here is something else to think about.

Alabama is 5-0 ATS the last five years on the opening road game.

2008 they beat an upcoming Arkansas team 49-14
    2009 a decent team by Kentucky standards 38-20
    2010 they smashed Duke 62-13
    2011 Penn st. 27-11
    2012 Arkansas 52-0

They have a history of kicking butt on the road opener. I probably will not wager on this one and just pull for the Tide. They have had a year and a week off to get ready and you would think they would be.

Good luck on your picks!

Comment

Had this targeted for a few weeks now.
      Washington -9.5 over the Illini

Some discussion over the Huskies road struggles last year, but I think that's
      because they had away games against LSU, Oregon and AZ. Not an easy
      task. Their offense looked solid against Boise St. and I think it will be a
      little too fast for the Illinois D. Game will be in Chicago, so that should be an
      additional motivation to play well. Wash 38 Illinois 17.

Comment

Yeah. Like Washington too. Illinois in a major let down
        Spot too after beating cinnci last week.

Thanks for the input RR! I still think bama rolls but I know how hard it is to predict your own team to dominate due to how much you know about them.

Comment

I don't think USC is very good. I've watched them 2 weeks in a row and they have done nothing to impress me. They are 0-2 ATS against 1 really bad team and 1 mediocre team, and now they are 2 TD favorites over Boston College a week after losing SU as 16 pt favorites over Washington State in a game where they only scored 7 pts. I've always hated Lane Kiffin as a coach for this team as they need a kick-ass, in your face guy. Not saying they aren't better than they've shown but I'm doubting that they are.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
            Yeah. Like Washington too. Illinois in a major let down
            Spot too after beating cinnci last week.

Thanks for the input RR! I still think bama rolls but I know how hard it is to predict your own team to dominate due to how much you know about them.
            I also like Washington here. I agree with Woodee about a possible major letdown. As far as Alabama goes, I always tend to be hard on them and maybe that is just to not be let down so much. Everybody here is counting down the hours until kickoff. Hopefully they will get it done.

Roll Tide!

Comment

Rest of my plays--

Iowa -2.5 (now at -1.5)

Bama -7 (now creeping to 8 but i see a&m money coming in late possibly).

USC -13.5 over BC

Oregon State +4 (bought 1/2) over Utah

North Texas +3.5 over Ball State --and under.

Comment

OH-OH Woodman, I am 3 of the same games as you. Put these in yesterday. Got Oregon St +3.5, Iowa at the -1.5, and Alabama had to give 8. I played Texas -3 a bit too. Entwined Louisville -14 with a few on parlays. Haven't started out the season the greatest, so reluctant to add my 2 cents. Good Luck.

Comment

Well I usually start off every year as bad as anyone and you are pretty good so you can and will rebound. I like the Iowa play and I like Louisville as well. Actually that is one of my favorite plays. Kentucky last year was just bad and they are not much better this year. If Louisville doesn't lay down they should have no problem. I firmly believe the Bama game will go over the 60. I honestly believe that Saban throttled the playbook down against Tech because of AJ's toe. That won't be the case tomorrow. I can easily see Bama getting 35-42 and I just think A&M will score also but I don't know if they will get under the number or not. (8)

Roll Tide!!

Comment

Working...
                  X