Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 College Football Game of the Week............Week 13 (Last Week)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortunately, only Augustus was within a game and still hadn't picked yet. So unless Augustus would have taken Houston, no harm done.

Pot is just split 4 ways instead of 3 - unless they risk it all on the Army-Navy game to eliminate one of them.

Comment

Lax, I agree with you... I noticed that he only included the top three to email their picks the last two weeks.. Wouldn't you ask all that had a chance to be in the top three to email their picks... I am not a fan of Hart attack yet he had to make his pick early last week and these guys got a look at his. He was still in the running at that point.. I think you would email everybody that had a shot at the top three and never post them before the time agreed.. HEY THAT IS OUR LEADER...LOL

Just saying that Augustus should have emailed his pick also this week since he had a chance to be in the money... just me....

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
        FSU, my wife said the same thing that he should pay the difference and she has no dogs in this.. I agree .... Pappa pay these guys what you cost them... Wow this is nice.....
        Its ridiculous if its to the point where he fucks up and we say oh well he always does it..then he shouldnt even be running the competition that is no excuse...Didnt pappa post in the very first rules page for this competition that the 1st place prize money was 100k well i hope he has that money cuz he needs to throw it in the pot and fix this cuz its just not fair to those top 3 they were clearly the best this year...they all did good but IMO Brett3518 was the best and he should have won this competition he didnt follow the rules week 0 and u didnt follow the rules in the last week and u fucked him over along with the other 2 top guys..if pappa runs this competition next year i dnt think i am even going to do it...yea i know i wont win it anyways so who cares i dnt pick winners blah blah blah..I atleast know whats right and wrong and clearly u were wrong

Comment

Guys wouldn't you want anybody that had a chance to be in the money the last two weeks to email their picks.. Not just the top three... MY POINT...

Comment

Guys wouldn't you want anybody that had a chance to be in the money the last two weeks to email their picks.. Not just the top three... MY POINT...
            Yea seriously but that would be just too many emails for Pappa to read..we all already know he struggles with math but reading is no where near being in his ballpark

Comment

FSU don't get out .. Look he is a fool but we need guys like you who are there week to week.. I have threatened this several times but won't let him get the best of me... Hence my rants against him....I hope to see you next year and someone especially me will always call him out when he fucks up...

Comment

Lax, I agree with you... I noticed that he only included the top three to email their picks the last two weeks.. Wouldn't you ask all that had a chance to be in the top three to email their picks... I am not a fan of Hart attack yet he had to make his pick early last week and these guys got a look at his. He was still in the running at that point.. I think you would email everybody that had a shot at the top three and never post them before the time agreed.. HEY THAT IS OUR LEADER...LOL

Just saying that Augustus should have emailed his pick also this week since he had a chance to be in the money... just me....

RR84
                “quit bitching and just pic winners” LOL.

If the standings from week 12 are correct (who knows?????), the 3 or 4 contestants with 10 - 3 records should have also been required to email their picks before the deadline. However, as I've said before, he has NO idea on how to run a contest.

X, you don’t need to respond to me, I already what you’ll say “quit bitching and just pic winners”

laxsfo99

Comment

Well wasn't this a nicely ran contest...lol... Pappa let tax or lax run this thing man for you clearly suck at it.......I take refuge in the fact that you told me how bad I suck yet I beat you again... But seriously let Taxman, Dragon, Woodee , or Lax run this YOU NOT ONLY SUCK AT PICKING THEM BUT YOU REALLY SUCK RUNNING THIS CONTEST... HEY, JUST MY OPINION....

Comment

Hey guys wait.... Jim Fiest asked me to go out on his yacht next week so you guys figure it out... lmao....

Comment

I notice that the ONLY peeps bitching are the ones that R NOT in involved in the competion.........Sore Losers!

Comment

Bottom Line is that IF any of U AZZ holes dont like it, DONT Play NEXT year,,,,,,,,,,None of u all are putting up any of the money OR putting the time in 4 RECORD keeping! I doubt very serious if Augustus was playing off the other 3 leaders. EVEN if he was, that was a helluv chance to take going against them! I think whuts happening is a bunch of u LOSERS BACKED Houston yesterday AND LOST UR SHIRT.

Congrats to the finalist the tie breaker will be next week

Comment

Originally posted by xbigpappa View Post
                          I notice that the ONLY peeps bitching are the ones that R NOT in involved in the competion.........Sore Losers!
                          I wasn't going to mention it but since it has been brought up I will add my two cents as I was "one of the peeps" that was still in contention to win this entering the final week.

ANY contestant that was within ONE game of the lead should have been required to email their selection. This leader mail in rule is in place to obviously keep leaders from boxing out their closest competitors, and the concept of this rule is a good one. This rule needs to be ammended for next season though to include those of us that were still in the hunt for winning entering the final week.

As for the premature posting of the three leaders' selections, that was a mistake made by xbp. I don't blame Augustus for waiting and exploiting the error, just as who is to say that the three leaders didn't also take Houston because I already posted that as my pick? They also take Houston and I am eliminated from being in the $$. I am not saying that is what they did, but due to some travel plans I was on the road and unable to post right at deadline time.

I can appreciate what it takes to run a season long contest and for that effort I say thanks to xbp and any others that helped out, BUT there simply have to be some boundries on how contestants are treated when they ask a question or want to know something. xbp was out of line several times and probably shouldn't be the one running it. There have to be strict rules that are followed to the letter 110% of the time. No exceptions otherwise there is chaos.

PS- 2 of last 3 weeks I played "worst case scenario contest" parlays and straight bets and made a tidy little sum (between 2nd place $$ and winner $$) so I cashed directly because of this contest betting on my closest chasers and against my own picks.

Shalom Y'all!!

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
                            That's amazing that the top 3 all picked Houston by secret ballot.

Augustus was a good sport and picked a different game and won.

Were you considering Houston, Augustus?
                            No, my 4 plays for the BTP contest @ other site are Baylor (X2), LSU, Arkansas State and Kansas State.

Comment

Augustus, your play should have been southern miss + 13. Once the leaders picks were posted, you had no chance of being in the money had houston covered. But if you take s. miss and they cover, you are assured of being tied for the lead. Good pick there with Baylor but it didnt have to come to that.

My guess is that you didnt see the fact that the 3 leaders all took houston. Am I correct on that?

Comment

who cares what Augustus did no one is trying to take away the fact that he made a good pick he deserved the Win..its the fact that pappa sold out the top 3 players by posting their lines too early w.e im over it pappa will never change he doesnt even think he did anything wrong so w.e were all loser even tho he went 6-7-1 so u suck not only at running contests but at picking as well

Comment

Working...
                                X