Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday Night Football - Chargers (4-8) at Jaguars (3-9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football - Chargers (4-8) at Jaguars (3-9)

Current line
    San Diego -3 @ -125
    O/U 39

To me this is almost identical to the Philly/Seattle game. A team playing like shit (Philly/SD) and resting on it's laurels and pre-season hype (Philly/SD), traveling over 2000 miles to play a team with almost an identical record (Philly/SD) is the favorite against the home team that plays good defense (Sea/Jax). I don't see how San Diego could be the favorite in this game. More later and I'll open this up for discussion, but I am predicting that Jacksonville will win this game.

this game has boggled my mind. I am literally back and forth on this game. I can't figure the winner or the over under because very good arguments exist for all sides.
    My largest concern is how does jacksonville score? Field goal game and maybe one MJD td? Can't see Gabbert scoring easily. Chargers do blow but they're pass d is still ranked pretty high in yds/game. Though they are about 24th with TD's allowed (20) where the jags are 6th (13).

Leaning jags with you and under 39.5 (I see it moved up .5 in one of my books)

a tease of jags +10 under 46.5 may be in order

Comment

I am on the Bolts here. Magic number for them is to reach 23 points. I can't see the weak depleted Jag offense reaching 20.

Comment

Jags did beat Baltimore and home infront a national audience. I ike their chances of not getting beat by more than a FG. Jax +3

who thinks the new owner moves the team and if so where? I think Los Angeles.
        good luck

Comment

for what its worth.
          This is the leader in the real hilton contest and this weeks picks:
          PAGERMAGER ., 42, 14, 4, SEA, TEN, KC, ARI, JAX

thats 4-0 with Jax pending tonight.
          good luck

Comment

First week in about 8 I am not on the Chargers so they will roll by 10.

I like the OVER myself.

Comment

The Jags are only averaging 12.5 ppg but they do play good defense. They are giving up an average of just 292 ypg (109 rush/183 pass) and they have given up 9 less TD's than SD.
              The Chargers are not the scoring machine they have been in the past. If you throw out the Green Bay shootout (everyone scores against GB DEF) their last 5 games they've scored 21, 20, 17, 20 and 13. They have lost 6 games in a row and are just 1-4 SU on the road overall. The Chargers are just 2-9 ATS this year, including 1-4 ATS on the road, with the 1 cover by just 1 pt at Denver. They don't play good defense (giving up an avg of 25 ppg), they don't play well on special teams and they turn the ball over (-10 in TO ratio).
              Someone asked how Jacksonville can score enough to cover. Good field position and TO's help a lot. They've got a great RB in Maurice Jones-Drew and they should be able to score against this SD defense. They also could have some extra motivation after getting their HC canned. Pride can go a long ways.
              The Chargers have been hit hard by injuries losing Marcus McNeil and Kris Dielman on the OL and a bunch on defense (English, Cooper, Phillips, Mouton, Castillo, Diggs, etc). And Rivers has thrown more INT's than TD's this year and only has an 80.8 QB rating.
              They will be traveling over 2000 miles and 3 time zones, they have lost 3 tough divisional games in their last 5, including 2 in OT, and are now in last place 3 games out.
              There is talk of Norv Turner, and maybe even GM A.J. Smith getting fired. I just don't see the Chargers all of a sudden coming up with a stellar effort here. If they can pull out the win I can't see it being by more than a FG either. Also, with Jacksonville being offensively challenged but playing very good defense you would expect a lower scoring game. In fact, if you are thinking Jax +3 you better pray for a low scoring game. The only that could screw that up would be easy defensive or special teams scores. I'll take a wild ass guess and say,
              Jacksonville 19
              San Diego 17
              but will definitely take a 7 pt teaser with Jax +10 and UN 46.5

Comment

Also took 1/2 unit on JAX +3 Even

Comment

Come on Jags.

That head coach was holding them back,

Show it

Comment

For what its worth I took San Diego-3 and over 39.5

Comment

Nice to post that after the Chargers are up 7 zip.

Comment

It makes no difference I m just sayin how I bet. I will tell you I lost both sides last night had Detroit and over.

Comment

Well...it's taken some time to get over that. Leading 14-10 and then they have a major meltdown at the end of the 1st H and give up 14 pts in the last minute and a half. Other than that I thought it went pretty well

Comment

Ill take the win and the overs thanks.

Comment

lame game just like next monday snooze fest. Seattle and the lambs
                              good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X