NCAA Week 3 - UNC vs Wisconsin (Long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Week 3 - UNC vs Wisconsin (Long)

Last week VT preformed exactly as expected and whipped Duke. I'll try breaking down UNC / Wisconsin this week.

Wiscy O vs UNC D

THe Badgers have been putting up some huge numbers, albeit against some pretty weak defenses, but you can only play who is on the schedule. This O-line got some of the much needed experience it was looking for, Stocco has been pretty battle tested and proves to be a fairly good decision maker and his numbers right now look fantastic. However, the Badgers are about the run. Calhoun has wheels, and everyone is taking notice as the kid averages almost 20 points a game on his own this season. The W.O.W. crew (Williams, Orr, & White) brings Stocco a great trio to look for through the air, all seniors and capable of using their experience when necessary. So the Tarheel D, this group appeared to be pretty flexible against the Yellowjackets, giving up 475 yards to GT, 350 through the air. Ball is good but common, GT did benefit from 3 ints, UNC didnt get any gifts from GT. The tarheel D line has three returning starters, they should be able to make dents in the Wisconsin front. UNC's linebackers should be pretty good, they appear to be deep, and god knows they'll need it against Wisconsin who'll run it all day if you let them. The DBs are obviously vunerable, 350 to GT is too much, adjustments from game one should be in place, this group is not green, they can make the changes. If UNC can make the Badgers completely one dimentional I give them the lean here. The BAdgers Oline is going to take some heat here, they out weigh the Tarheals, but the athletic Tarheel front can pose some problems. All that said, Wisconsin and Alverez face tough D's all the time in the Big 10, he will be able to make adjustments in between drives. Bruntling, loves D and this former All ACC line backer may be able to top Alverez's moves. Close to a push here, a slight lean to Wisconsin though.

UNC O vs Wisy D

UNC needs to cut back on the mistakes, plain and simple. They beat GT if they dont turn the ball over. Baker is going to experience some growing pains, hopefully he got them out last weekend. He is tough on himself taking personal blame for the 1st week loss. All he has to do, keep it in the back of his head, but move on. The backfield isn't loaded with experience, they are still waiting for someone to emerge as a leader here. Dont expect much from the backs. Where you dont have experience in the backfield you get at receiver, the Tarheels bring back their top 3 receivers from last year, Pollock will begin his home Tarheel swan song this weekend. The Badgers DBs dont look to be too tough, look for the receivers to be able to make plays, Baker just has to ge the ball to them. The weak Wiscy D-line may have trouble getting pressure as they cant get past the experienced Tarheel front. The linebackers for the Badgers will bring it! I dont expect any running game from the Tarheels, but even with one demention they can exploit the Badger DBs, noise should not be a factor as UNC is at home. Baker is the key here, this senior needs to lead his team. I'm giving him the nod, in front of that Baby blue back drop. Tarheels get my lean

Special teams:
    UNC has a pretty decent squad, Wisconsin lost alot from last year but these kids have some experience after the first two games, DeBauche will see the field more in this game for sure. Tate will be relied upon to set the field position for the Tar Heels.

This game looks like a pretty solid lean to UNC, take the points or play them take it straight up, it'll pay out better that way.

Good luck, there is still a few hours to discuss it if you have an opinion.

-Buck
Working...
X