X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of the week...NFL week 8

Tennesee - 3.5 vs Jacksonville at home.

I really like the Titans in this game

Jacksonville is pretty banged up, from the Punter position to Quarterback. The leagues 27th ranked defense in scoring allowed at 25.7 ppg.

While Tennessee is rolling along averaging 30 points a game in the last 4 games. Mcnair will have a field day against a banged up (no secondary) defense.

On the offensive side for the Jags is rookie starting QB Byron Leftwhich a name we will never remember.. In the last 5 games he has thrown 6 picks, and against the dolphins he was sacked three times (hard) and threw 3 interceptions. I expect the same to happen.

TN is 5-2 this year ATS and average 27.7 a game in scoring...

The line is rising but 3.5 is a bargain.

My pick is Tennesee big on the road.

Good Luck to all.

"Carpet, "The Carpet always covers"

P.S. My picks are free.......

Leftwich is not likely going anywhere. Who cares about a rookie throwing some picks? A hall-of-fame rookie QB rating is like 74.

I still believe the Titans have some serious chinks in their pass defense and this will burn them sooner or later, probably sooner.

Two words: TRAP GAME

Comment

Agree with the Cat on this one.
      Tenn comming off a big win against Carolina.
      Tenn in a position to let down.
      Off week next week.
      Miami next opponent.
      Think Jax can run against the Tenn D.
      Good luck however... I pass on this game.
      Peace,
      WW

Comment

Tennessee dominated on both sides of the ball scoring 30 points for the fifth straight game.

Leftwich also gave up three picks as predicted

Good luck to all,

Carpet

Comment

Ouch, kick a pick when its down Carpet. Who is that "Eddie George" guy anyway?

Oh-kay, its not like I said 5 star lock or anything. Generally hate going against a division leader vs. the cellar dwellar on the road. Those games are usually ugly. The data on the Jags has been a little thin with Smith out and Sandwich still pretty new to the game. Maybe if Lefty doesn't drop the ball early in the 3rd they hang a bit better. I like to go with a dumb ass pick once in a while and felt the Titans didn't have a lot to prove in this one. And the +4.5 was nice. Oh well, sooner or later gotta come up with a real dumbass pick that actual wins, right?

Comment

No problem Cat

TN is playing excellent football and entering the midway point it is important to lay with the teams that are starting to gel.

Also factoring in those teams that must get it together or the season is over (Giants) it will be an interesting ride the next few weeks.

I really like your write ups, keep them coming.....

Semper Fi,

Carpet

Comment

Working...
            X