NCAA Mens Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Mens Basketball

13th ranked Illinois opens up at home this Saturday against Western Illinois U.

Bruce Weber will be coaching his first game as the new coach.
    His style of play is push, push, push, with a full motion offense.

The team with its speed has responded very positively.

Let's take a look at this team....

Illinois is 9-10 men deep with the bench, much like creighton of last year...

Lost Brian Cook to the NBA, return two of the best guards in the nation with Dee Brown and Deon Williams. This one two punch is one of the top back courts in the ncaa.

Randle Mcbride a 6-3 guard is new to the scene and this kid can really play, he can shoot, pass and play defense (a real diamond).

Only week spot is at Center position, where we start the tallest player ever to play of Illinois Nick Smith 7-2 tall and 240 lbs of asthma. Illinois is very weak at center.

Junior Roger Powell 6-6 (looks just like his dad did years ago) is solid, a pure player. This kid can bang the boards with the best of them.

While it is to early to tell if the new coach chemistry has taken hold, this team has a great deal of athletic ability, this TEAM has the potential to suprise many people.

Illinois should be favored by 24 in my book against WIU..

Last year I focused on Illinois and posted my plays, did very well actually.....

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Illinois comes out and lays the wood to WIU 94-66, Illinois played only 9 players as three players are sitting out due to team rule violations.

The new coach is serious about his rules.

The Big Test will be against 9th ranked NC in a couple weeks..

Good Luck to all.

Carpet

Comment

Working...
    X