DALLAS/NYG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DALLAS/NYG

Let me know what you think about this game. I think its clear where i stand. I have a few things to say about it but dont have time right now.
    jpehl

Dallas

Comment

Please feel free to give an explanation.

Comment

First the media has totally roasted the giants all week. As you have seen on espn. I rate Strahans tantrum up there with Dennis Greens. To many fingers being pointed on this team. Can they turn it around, of course. Ive heard reports that the die hards in NY have already written Manning off as the real deal. I can see the crowd really turning on the giants if there down by ten or more and Manning doesnt play well. I strongly believe that Coughlins job is on the line, as he has repeatedly had this problem with this team.
        I think its logical to say that its hard enough to beat a team once, more less twice in the same season. The first game was a wash. You have to throw all the stats out the window. Its a new era and regardless if Romo played he wasnt properly prepped. If you remember correctly we almost tied the game up. It was closer then the score showed. Ive watch the giants play about 6 times this year. Ive seen both teams play at what i think is there lowest and there highest. If both teams were to show up with there A game I do think that the cowboys would still walk away with the W. The giants are still plagued with injuries. The cowboys have showed signs of being able to cover the deep threat lately. ( what i thought was there biggest concern on def) Also its clear that Romo is due to come back down to earth.I think this game means more to the Cowboys then it does the Giants. Also to throw another bone my way I really believe that Romo wants revenge because the Giants really did make him look silly.Theres a weird vibe down here and no one is really talking about it but to make it clear the Cowboys have hit there stride at the right time. Take a look at these stats.

Dallas' offense:

#4 in total offense
        #5 in rush offense, #6 in passing offense
        #1 in yards per reception (tied with philly at 13.1)
        #1 in offensive plays run
        #5 in yards per play
        #2 in first downs made per game
        #2 in 3rd down offense %
        #1 in time of possesion
        #2 scoring average with 28.1 per game
        #7 in turnover margin with +8

Dallas Defense

#4 in total defense
        # 4 against the run and #11 against the pass
        #7 in scoring defense with 18 per game
        #7 in yards per play given up
        #6 in first downs given up per game

Dallas special teams:
        #1 in punting average
        #1 in kickoff coverage
        #20 in punting coverage
        #25 in punt return avg.
        #16 in kick return avg.
        Also want to add that Parcells sent a message out this week by cutting Vanderjadt. Cutting a high price Vet. Even if he is a kicker its a message.
        I said I wasnt playing this game but its hard not to. I have the cowboys winning by 7-10 points. The spread is at Cowboys -4 i thought for sure with all the action that the cowboys get that it would open at -7.

Comment

The way the Giants have played the last few weeks, I'd expect a big effort this week.

This one is huge.

Phil Simms was on WFAN this afternoon talking about this game. His feeling was that all the media crap that went on with this team this week, is actually a plus. That it will bring the team together. I tend to agree.

Looks to be the game of the week though.

If I were playing the Giants, I'd look for that +3.5.......if I was on the Cowboys, I'd be laying -3..........this game has last minute field goal written all over it.

Comment

Are you from NY? Even if your not do you have any thoughts on Manning. He seems to have lost interest to me.
            jpehl

Comment

I'm in the New York area.....

This is a big game for Manning. He has lost alot of confidence the last few weeks and has made some major mistakes.

Manning needs to take control of this team if he, and the team are going to amount to anything.

I've seen guys like Shockey and Buress show him up on the field many times. A QB that has control of his team, a true leader, would never allow that to happen. He'd be in their face. Manning just walks off the field with his head down.

If he doesn't play well this week, and makes key mistakes, picks, etc.etc., then this team will fall apart.

If the Giants can pull one out, they are right in the thick of things. But a loss will be hard to recover from (that would make 4 losses in a row).

I think your going to see the Giants show up this week.

Comment

I cant disagree with you I just dont think they can hang. Im not playing it as of right now. Can you keep me posted on game day what the weather is if you get a chance. Thanks again. Anyone else out there let me know your feelings.
                jpehl

Comment

All I can say to you this week is Good Luck Jpehl....What I think of this game and most of the rest of the schedule this week, would fall just short of writing a book.......The NFL is becoming unfigurable (is there such a word?) at this point......You never know which player or team will show up on a given basis......Expect the unexpected......I'll clear my head and offer some insight within the next 48 hours............Good Luck.
                  ;)

Comment

I played a little ML on the G men. I see Romo tumbling back to earth a little bit and no way the giants can be this bad this many weeks in a row can they?
                    This team is too good for that.

Comment

I think you're right about Manning jp. It looked like he was holding back the laughter, after losing last week, in his interview after the game. I origanally thought Giants would be the play figuring everyone would be on dallas but I'm starting to hear a lot of Giants talk. I'm laying off this one but I can't see Dallas not crushing them. Manning and Barber may get some points but that Giants D can't stop the Cowboys offense, weather permitting. I wish you luck.

Comment

Hartattack - good point about Romo.

Not knocking the kid, but what he has done so far, (especially in 2nd halves) is equivelent to a sports handicapper hitting 85% to start the year, which we all know is impossible to sustain. At some point, his performance/stats WILL come back down to earth.

Comment

Also, Boone -

Very true about the NFL being "unfigurable" or "unhandicappable"........for me anyways.

I have been at this for over 20+ years. Once upon a time,the NFL was on a par with College football as far as being able to handicap the games and find your edges.

My NFL plays tend to be in big games, such as this Giants/Cowboys game, and then of course in playoff games.

The reason for that is that generally speaking, in big games and playoff games, you get a true effort from both teams. You don't need to worry about one team showing up and the other not.

That's also why I don't mess with the NBA. Handicapping the NBA isn't about assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the two teams and picking a winner. It's about handicapping the schedule, trying to key in on when a team will play hard and when they will go through the motions.

Even as a fan, I enjoy the NFL MUCH less than I did say, 10 years ago or more.

I look at the schedule each week to see which games I might be interested in watching on the dish, and every week it's the same thing. One game that catches my attention each week of all the games on the board. This week it happens to be the Giants game. Last week it was the Pats/Bears.

If this keeps up, I may not even get the NFL package next year

Comment

When all common logic dictates the Cowboys, Take the Giants. That is the essence of the NFL.
                            It doesn't take a zoologist to identify the ass.^^^^

Comment

Thanks everyone getting exactly what i wanted. Any specific reason on why the NFL has become so hard to cap.

Comment

Working...
                              X