Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNF

100 UNITS ON PHILLY +3

Panthers QB Jake Delhomme owns a 12/9 TD/INT ratio this season and a 78.7 passing rating, which ranks 17th in the league.

Philly QB Jeff Garcia, subbing for the injured Donovan McNabb, owns a 3/0 TD/INT ratio and an 87.1 passing rating, albeit in limited action.

Carolina’s offense ranks dead last by converting just 29.5% of 3rd-down situations into first downs. But the Panthers defense ranks first by holding opponents to just a 28% success rate on third down.

The Eagles’ offense ranks 8th in the league with a 41% third-down success rate, and the Philly D ranks 14th by holding foes to a 37% conversion rate on third down.

Carolina ranks 19th in the league in average time-of-possession at 29:43, while the Eagles rank 29th at 28:10.

The Panthers rank 6th-best in the league by averaging just 45 yards in penalties per game, while Philadelphia ranks 18th-best at 58 penalty yards PG.

And these two teams are tied for 18th in turnover margin at -2 for the season.

The O/U is 3-8 in Carolina games this season, 6-4-1 in Philly games.

Panthers RB DeShaun Foster, who missed last week’s game with an elbow injury, is listed as questionable for Monday night’s game but will probably play. Carolina is also without one starter on the offensive line, and may also be missing guard Mike Wahle. Garcia left Philly’s game last Sunday night in the fourth quarter after suffering an arm injury, but he is expected to play Monday night.

The Sagarin ratings at USA Today rank the Eagles 14th at 20.8 and the Panthers 18th at 19.7.

Through Sunday’s betting action, NFL home underdogs are a profitable 35-22 (61%) vs. the spread this season.

Carolina opened up as three-point road chalk for Monday night’s game, with a total of 37, and those numbers have moved very little. Temperatures are expected to be fairly normal for an early December evening in Philadelphia, but strong winds in the forecast will bring the wind-chill factor down into the teens.

I am leaning towards the Eagles myself.

Comment

me 2

I took eagles for a small wager. game really seems too close to call

Comment

Working...
      X