Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL NEWS 12.08.06

Willis McGahee - RB, Buffalo Bills 12/9/2006

RB Willis McGahee may be out of the Bills starting lineup once again Sunday as he recovers from an ankle injury sustained in last weeks loss to the Chargers. McGahee is listed as questionable and was walking with a protective boot on his ankle this week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake Delhomme - QB, Carolina Panthers 12/9/2006

QB Jake Delhomme is likely to be out Sunday when the Panthers take on the Giants in Week 14. Delhomme, who suffered a torn ligament in his thumb in the Panthers loss to the Eagles, has missed practice this week. Backup QB Chris Weinke has taken the reps with the first team offense all week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommie Harris - DT, Chicago Bears 12/9/2006

The Chicago Bears may have to play the rest of the season without their Pro-Bowl defensive tackle Tommie Harris. Harris, who is one of the most dominant defensive lineman in the league was injured in Sunday's game against Minnesota. Harris left the game in the third quarter with an apparent left knee sprain and hamstring injury."They're two separate injuries. The knee injury wasn't as severe as we thought, but the hamstring is more severe," Smith said. "When I talk about hamstrings, as you look at the play, he has a significant pull. With that in mind, it could be regular season or it could be farther than that."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junior Seau - LB, New England Patriots 12/9/2006

LB Junior Seau of the New England Patriots has indicated that despite the broken arm which ended his season, he may want to return to the NFL for another run next season. "I'm going to be back," Seau said Thursday. "I don't know which helmet I'll wear, but I'm definitely going to be back."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladell Betts - RB, Washington Redskins 12/9/2006

Washington Redskins RB Ladell Betts accepted a 5-year contract extension on Friday to stay with the Washington Redskins through 2011. Betts, the fifth year running back from Iowa, has been the primary backup to Clinton Portis since he arrived in Washington. However, he has done well running for the Redskins this season especially as Portis is out for the remainder of the season nursing injuries. Washington structured a deal for Betts that will give the running back a $3.5 Million signing bonus and a $2 Million roster bonus in 2007 in guaranteed money on the front end of the new contract. The deal is worth $11 Million total over the 5-year period.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Brad Johnson - QB, Minnesota Vikings 12/8/2006

After a horrific outing against Chicago in which he threw four interceptions, Minnesota quarterback Brad Johnson may not get the start this week against Detroit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Roethlisberger - QB, Pittsburgh Steelers 12/8/2006

Ben Roethlisberger is trying to return to fantasy football relevance. He threw for 225 yards and a TD against Cleveland, and ran for another score.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Working...
X