Early NFL Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early NFL Thoughts

Im putting a couple of games together that i like this week. Feel free to let me know what you like. FYI I just heard on the radio that it is rumored that Carson Palmer has a torn rotator cuff. Has anyone else heard anything about this.
    jpehl

Originally posted by jpehl
    Im putting a couple of games together that i like this week. Feel free to let me know what you like. FYI I just heard on the radio that it is rumored that Carson Palmer has a torn rotator cuff. Has anyone else heard anything about this.
    jpehl

Posted on Thu, Dec. 21, 2006
    NFL NOTEBOOK
    Bengals say report on Palmer incorrect
    QB DOESN'T HAVE TORN ROTATOR CUFF
    Mercury News Wire Services
    The four sacks Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer absorbed in a 34-16 loss at Indianapolis on Monday night bruised more than his ego. They also hurt his right (throwing) shoulder.

But the Bengals on Wednesday denied a report on ProFootballTalk.com that Palmer has a torn rotator cuff. The Web site reported a reader's tip that ``Palmer has a shoulder injury, possibly a torn rotator cuff,'' and that Palmer is undergoing tests.

For the first time this season, Palmer's name surfaced on the club's injury report. He's listed as probable for Sunday's game at Denver. The injury is listed as his right shoulder. Palmer did not practice in the club's 11-on-11 drills at Paul Brown Stadium.

``I am authorized to say from our medical staff that any reports of a serious structural injury are unfounded,'' Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan said.

Said Palmer: ``I'll be fine. I don't feel too banged up. I don't feel I got hit too hard or anything out of the ordinary. I feel good today.''
    "Moderation is the key to life"

Comment

or

Palmer, on the heels of an Internet report that he potentially has a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder, was listed as probable on the injury report Wednesday. He did not participate in the 11-on-11 team portion of practice because of an injury to his right shoulder, but said it wasn't serious. "Everything's fine," Palmer said after practice. Palmer is expected to practice today, Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan said. "The coaches and trainers (say) he came out of the Indianapolis game with a sore shoulder. Reports of a serious structural injury are unfounded

Comment

hmmmm I dont see a reason to cover this up so i guess i have to throw that news out. Thank you for the info.
        jpehl

Comment

Have a few things ive been looking at for this weekend. Feel free to add your two cents.
          Giants -3 Strahans back and its time to sink or swim. This pick could really blow up in my face, but i dont think it will.
          Buff -4 1/2 I went against the Titans last week and got burned im going to get it one more shot. Buffalo has been playing pretty solid. It seems that Losman has seen the light as of late.
          Chicago -5 1/2 Im thinking this is a trap and I need to look closer into this game. Please let me know all you know about this game.
          Arizona +4
          This week looks to be pretty scary to me as some teams have already clinched and i dont know what to expect out of them. Give me your thoughts. These arent my plays just my ideas so far.
          jpehl

Comment

I hate to post an opinion so early, but be careful with that Bears game...........They've got nothing to gain in this spot having wrapped up the top seed (notice how I won't say "home-field advantage")?...........They might sit a few players for obvious reasons..............then again they could probably cover the line with their 3rd stringers.........I'll probably not bite......................Think the Cowboys play their biggest game of the year and cover easy on Monday..............but we'll talk alot more about that before then...........Good Luck.
            ;)

Comment

Yeah thats what i was thinking about the Bears game/ I jsut didnt know for sure if they were going to sit there players. It opened up at 7 and dropped to 4 kind of fishy.
              jpehl

Comment

Playing most of undogs teams is more safer! IMO- and I have a feeling that All New York Teams will lose or maybe not to cover spread.

Bills
                N.Y Giants
                N.Y Jets

But All West Coat the state of California will win or covers

San Diego
                Oakland
                San Francisco

Good Luck
                "What you [I]See[/I] It's what you [I]Get[/I] "

Comment

so to sum it up shawn you dont like any of my picks.
                  jpehl

Comment

I can't stop laughing.
                    ;)

Comment

Whats so damn funny

Comment

"To sum it up".........It just struck me funny the way you responded to "ShawnL2000".................It's like, how dare you not like my picks...........I guess you had to be there ...........Hey WTF, you're making fun of my Christmas List !!................I gotta get to the saloon, I'm climbing walls here.
                        ;)

Comment

No I was actually laughing at what he said because it seemed to me that he was tippy toeing around telling me that i suck. I would rather you come out and just say it then beat around the bush. No harm done thats why I made the post.

Comment

ok - you suck!!!

CF2

Comment

Merry Christmas to you too.

Comment

Working...
                              X