• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 9/20....CFB

Posted Plays:
    (College 4-4-2...Best Bets 1-2)……
    (NFL 3-2-1 ....Best Bets 1-1)

Hitting my 10 Diamond play (now 16-3-2 since 1991) on Ohio State last week was the only saving grace to an otherwise disastrous weekend….One of the worst weekends I have had in as long as I can remember….Time to bounce back and hopefully this will be my “bounce back” weekend…Very rarely have two losing weeks in a row.

Texas A&M (M/L +118/+125) over Miami Florida

Texas A&M is 1-30 against the spread when they lose SU on the road, so the 2.5 points will probably be meaningless here. If you like A&M to cover, you may as well take the $1.18 to $1.25 (depending on the book) and play them on the moneyline.
    A&M has not met a formidable opponent yet having played Montana St, Fresno and LA Monroe…They are 3-0 but failed to cover against Fresno. They have an offense that can put up some points, they are averaging 46.3 per game so far this season. They have given up a lot of yards in their first 3 averaging 383.3, but Franchione always has one of the “bend but don’t break” type of defensive teams.

Miami played one formidable opponent and got blasted out of the stadium 51-13 at Oklahoma failing to cover the 12 point spread. They managed only a 14 point win over Florida Int’l as a 32 point favorite. Miami is not a good home favorite having covered only 8 times in 23 situations in the past four years. Miami will have to stop the running game of A&M which is averaging 6.35 yards per carry and 296.3 yds per game. Miami’s offense is averaging only 302.9 total yards per game and that is against 2 very weak defensive opponents. On defense they gave up 10.5 yds per pass completion to Oklahoma and 159.0 rushing yards to Florida Int’l….Miami is just 3-8 in its last 11 games against ranked opponents. If A&M can put some early points on the board and control the game with their rushing, the Hurricanes won’t have the offensive weapons to catch up. Despite already playing Marshall and Florida International, Miami averages just 22 points a game, and is 99th in the country in total offense. On a hot, humid night in South Florida, the A&M ground game will wear down the Hurricane defense and walk away in the second half.

I don’t believe Miami’s defense will be able to shut down A&M’s offense and the Miami offense so far this year surely isn’t showing much potency in the first 3 games….I’ll pass on the points and play this one straight up….

Diamond Line: Texas A&M –3.53

As for the Tex A&M/Fresno St game, I'd like to believe that the Aggies got a little complacent in the 2nd half after dominating the 1st H and leading 19-0 at HT.
    I've got A&M tonite also, but what worries me a little is that everyone is on them. You just wonder if you aren't being sucked in. Texas A&M does open Big 12 play next week and will have 8 conference games in a row, but you'd think starting out with Baylor at home wouldn't be a huge concern. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X