BOONE MOONE'S NFL SUNDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOONE MOONE'S NFL SUNDAY

Don't have too much time for explanations, but my top picks this week would be:

Chicago Bears -3
    San Diego Chargers -4.5
    Kansas City Chiefs -2.5
    Baltimore Ravens -7.5

Bears will play much better at home and force Romo's hand most of the night............They've been killing themselves with mistakes, and I think they put it all together here.........it's real tough to go into Soldier Field for any team, let alone a young QB like Romo.

Chargers were blindsided last week by what is probably the best team in the league at this point.........they were never in it, and seemed to stop trying by halftime...........They'll come with all guns blazing against a questionable Packer defense today...........Chargers roll (and being a
    Raider fan, I hate these fuckers, but I can't let emotion get in the way of a nice payday).

Chiefs suck, that's for sure, but the Vikes swallow..........No QB + No passing game = Too much time on the field for their defense........especially if the lousy KC coach allows Larry Johnson to take over the game, like he should.........Chiefs in a boring game.

Ravens intrigue me the same way the Bears do..........They've been their own worst enemy..........Get Mc Nair back into action, and control the balll, and the defense will do the rest...........Get the feeling that by Sunday night, Leinart and boys will wish they never left Phoenix.

Just my opinion..........Would like to see your's...........If you follow me on any of this action, just remember to pay the rent first...............Good Luck.

;)

Boone,

I like the Bears, but me and The Black Cat don't like the Chiefs or the Ravens. See The Black Cat's picks. Kelly Holcomb at QB for Minny will be a big upgrade, if indeed he is starting as The Black Cat says. I like that Raven D, but I think they are better off with Boller than McNair.

I also liked the Chargers at first but then thought this is another pretty long flight for them back to back. And I still don't think Rivers is ready. Maybe LT breaks out this week.

Good luck.

I'm going with the 3 B's - Bears, Bucs and Broncos and then the Lions and Viks as dogs.

Comment

Wide give me your thoughts on the Bears game if you have a sec...
      jpehl

Comment

Boone,
        Made my picks then looked over your plays and were on different sides with Chicago, but thats understandable. GB game really not to sure about Norv yet.. Could definitely see SD coming out and putting an ass whooping on GB. Not to confident in Rivers. Good Luck to you buddy.
        jpehl

Comment

I do agree with you on the KC game being boring... I think that this could possible be the worst game of the year to watch... 7-3 type game....JMO

Comment

I like the Bears D. I say they bottle up the Boys running game and Romo will have as many INTs as TDs. Then it's on Grossman. Carpet thinks he will always cost the Bears some points each week. I think they can run on the Boys and Grossman can play it safe. 23-13 Bears?

Keep in mind, I'm a Giants fan. What a curse that is these days. Charlie Weiss, Bill Belicheat or Bill Cowher next year. Parcells a longshot sentimental choice.

I do like the Romo kid though. Glad to see he has snapped back from his fumbled placement in Seattle last year. His mobility will make the difference in a lot of games. But maybe not today.

Good luck.

Comment

I disagree about KC being a boring game this week. I picked them -2.5 and over 33. I would have even picked KC to score 33 points alone.

Comment

Widestrides, I don't see Coughlin lasting on the job 'til the end of the year, unless he really turns things around.........what's it look like from there?

Also, for fantasy purposes........What's really going on with Plaxico?............I hate to start him and watch him come hobbling off the field after running one route, but if I sit him, he'll probably come out and catch another 3 TD passes........Is he playin' possum or what?
                ;)

Comment

Wide,
                  I think you have it backwards..... I expect Chicage to be able to throw not run.... Dallas is pretty heavy on the run D..... but this is the reason why they play the game.......
                  goodluck to you
                  jpehl

Comment

Boone, you are right about Coughlin. Gilbride will have to finish the year. Coughlin lost the players a long time ago. Funny though, he still can prepare a team at least offensively and line them up strategically, so you can't expect a complete breakdown every week with them.

Plax is probable and Eli always looks for him, especially in the end zone so he's worth playing. Even if he is a little hobbled, they will probably bring him in for the red zone offense. IF they get to the red zone! :-)

Comment

Thanks and Good Luck !!
                      ;)

Comment

jpehl,

I hear you on the run vs. pass thing, but I think the Bears would rather run first and get Grossman comfortable. So your Boys will probably set out to shut down the run by bringing Williams up into the box to make Rex put it up.

I see how bad Rex has gone lately, but he's not a complete basket case and may be just one breakout game away from the brash, cocky savior that came to town a couple years ago but kept getting injured. He may get his confidence back one of these days. He needs a full day against the Giants secondary to lift his spirits!

I know the numbers don't play the game and players do, but two statistical things going against the Boys today are the fact that this is their second road game in a row and it is the second home game in a row for the Bears. And the Boys are 2-0 ATS and the Bears are 0-2. Those two things are significant, but certainly can be erased with one Romo to T.O. TD pass.

Also Bears have advantage with FG kickers in windy Soldier Field. That can make the difference also.

If you can get that extra .5, you certainly should be in the game +3.5.

Comment

Im laying the ML and the +3......
                          Im feeling pretty confident in this game.....Really havent felt this way since Indy game...... JMO

Comment

Problem is, Romo is able to scramble and avoid the pressure and find the open man. If anyones going to be flat on his back in this one, I believe it will be Grossman. Chicago a tough place to play yes, but not in september...Gonna be in the 70's at game time and the low is only calling for 66 tonight with clear skies....Both teams with solid defenses, but edge to da boys as far as being able to put points on the board...Dallas 27 Chicago 14

Comment

Nice going "Dallasfan" and "J-Pal"............ atta way to stick to your guns............Your boys didn't even play their best game, and they still beat the shit out of last year's NFC champs, at their own home no less.......great job.........It almost looks like Dallas and San Diego traded teams during the off season.

As for me, I stunk this weekend............Baltimore rolled over and played dead in the second half, but I was way off anyway............this is the reason I usually wait for the 5th or 6th week before I start posting my plays, but I did pretty good the first two weeks -- so I figured I'd go ahead and get brave, only to be cursed by the old "posting jinx" once again.............Oh well, there's always next week.............Good Luck to all.
                              ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X