• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon's NFL - Week 4

Week 1 - 0-4
    Week 2 - 2-2
    Week 3 - 2-0-2

Week 4

Green Bay -2 @ Minnesota - The Vikings having trouble offensively against weak teams (Atlanta, Detroit, K.C.) averaging 10 pt per game on offense so far. Green Bay has played against much better competition (Phil, NY Giants, San Diego) and has performed well offensively. Both defenses playing well. I'll take Favre with the way he's been playing over Kelly Holcomb or this Tarvaris Jackson character.
    Kansas City +12 @ San Diego - The Chargers (0-3 ATS) still getting respect form their past accomplishments. They still don't have a running game and all they have at WR is Vincent Jackson. LT is still averaging a little over 2 yds per carry and they have yet to log even 80 yds rushing in a game. The Chiefs won the 1st matchup last year. And the Charger's subsequent 20-9 win at home vs KC was the largest margin of victory San Diego has seen in the last 10 matchups. Rivers was a pathetic 8 of 23 for 97 yds and 2 INT's in that game. But Tomlinson and Turner combined for over 250 yds rushing to save the day. LT had an 85 yd TD run in that game. His longest run so far this year has been 11 yds. In fact their longest play period has only been 27 yds. If you ask me, these 2 teams have been about even so far and they typically play each other tough.
    Seattle -2 @ San Francisco - I just don't think the 49er's beat Seattle for the 3rd time in a row. They gave up 161 yds rushing to Arizona and over 200 yds rushing to Pittsburgh. Shawn Alexander has had close to 300 yds rushing in 3 games and Hasselbeck is a much better QB than Smith. Plus he's got a lot more weapons.
    Dallas - 13 vs St Louis - The Rams have already lost twice by this much. Now they've lost RB Jackson. They've already lost a couple linemen and Bulgers got broken ribs to boot. We'll see rookie running back Brian Leonard and possibly Gus Frerotte if Bulger gets knocked around a bit. The Cowboys are averaging about 40 pts per game compared to around 10 for the Rams. Blowout city potential.
    Tampa Bay +3 @ Carolina - Jake Delhomme is out which means we'll see ex-Texan David Carr. Also star LB Dan Morgan will be out. All things considered, plus 3 sounds pretty good with a team that has only given up 20, 14 and 3.

Like what I see!
    good luck
    jpehl

Comment

Nicely done

NIce picks and would good reason. Very nice job. I will stay away form the Seattle / SF game as there is just to many reasons to not play it. There is also many games on the board with a better angle on them. Love the rest though.

Comment

Hard to argue with your reasoning Dragon. The KC/SD is the only one I might side the other way. I think KC is going to be fighting for the 1st pick come the end of the year. They've played horrible away from home, although SD hasn't looked lights out this year either. I think if SD gets up by 7-10 they want to make a statement that they aren't as bad as they have played and pushes it to 13-14. I think the others look like winners.

Comment

Oh damn....I forgot to mention......these are my 1000*, bet the wife and kids locks of the century

Comment

Congrats on the perfect day.
            good luck

Comment

great job

congrats keep up the good work

Comment

Congrats....Very nice picks.

I better give you some love, since I gave you crap on week one.

Ding

Comment

Thanks. That's OK...I deserved some crap in Week 1. In fact, I'll probably deserve it again before the year is through

Comment

Nice job, now if you can only get rid of Norv...
                    jpehl

Comment

Nice day! I am a kinda a chargers fan myself and they blow this yera. How long before Bill Cower comes out of retirement?

Comment

That would be awesome

Comment

Working...
                        X