BOONE'S NFL SUNDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOONE'S NFL SUNDAY

BEEN VERY BUSY LATELY AND HAVEN'T HAD THE CHANCE TO UPDATE THE BASEBALL THREAD -- BUT ANYBODY FOLLOWING ME -- KNOWS WE ARE JUST WAITING FOR THE COLORADO ROCKIES TO FACE THE CLEVELAND INDIANS IN THE WORLD SERIES TO CLEAN UP BIG...............WHILE WE PATIENTLY WAIT, WE'LL PLAY THESE IN THE NFL TODAY............GOOD LUCK -- AND PAY THE RENT FIRST.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS +4.5 Sure the Vikings suck, but the Bears these days shouldn't be favored over anybody........They didn't beat the Packers last week, the Packers beat themselves in an odd-looking show.......Take the 4.5 and run on the Vikes.

NEW YORK JETS +4 I said last week that the Jets weren't as bad as they looked recently, and they turn around and self-destruct against the Giants in the last 2 minutes of game...........Give them another chance against the hard-breathing Eagles today at home........We're on the Jets.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS +6 These guys gotta awaken from their slumber sooner or later don't they?......Brees and Bush and company couldn't have lost their mojo in one year could they?...........I'm takin' the points and a small moneyline play on the Saints here in hopes that Seattle continues to have trouble moving the ball.

CAROLINA PANTHERS +5.5 Most guys would have me committed to the crazy farm for playing a game in which the road team will be starting the 3rd-string QB, but these are the kind of games I love..........The public has swallowed the bait and driven the spread from around 3 points, up to 5 1/2..........Hey if it was that easy, don't you think the Las Vegas linesmakers would have just taken the game off the board?.............I'll take the Panthers.

NOTE: On the confusing side of things.........Everyone knows I'm a die-hard Raider fan.........But I told everyone around me this week (and now all of Bettorsworld) that the Raiders would either win this game outright today, or they will get blown out..........In other words, the pointspread of 10-points will never be a factor in the game...........It's just a theory of mine that would take forever to explain becuase it makes no sense to anyone but me............But for the record, I see the Raiders losing in the area of 31-10, or winning a 20-17 contest.............Either way, I just hope it stays under for my contest pick...............Good Luck to you.
    ;)

Like your MIN play. I would have more confidence in CAR covering with Moore starting. I didn't think he looked that bad for the brief period he was in last week, at least no worse than Carr. But with Vinny in there, just don't know what your going to get. On your Oak take, as is usual, I think people are only remembering the SD they saw last week. SD blew out a bad DEN team, and failed to remember the prior weeks of losses AT HOME to a bad KC team and blown out by NE. Good luck. I took SEA on a teaser down to a pick'em, as I think they should win, the 6 points was too much.

Comment

Nice job. 3 dogs win SU!

Comment

Thanks Dragon..........and not being one to gloat (as I could easily do on every bet but the lowly Jets)............but the most satisfaction I got out of all of them was on the Raider/Charger game.........I will get some decent props on that call (at work -- where everybody sees me wearing Raider gear every day but betting on the Chargers this weekend) ............Hey, the wallet takes precedence over the heart when it comes to football gambling, but the hefty play was on the game staying UNDER !!!................Good going to all that followed, and how 'bout dem Saints !!
        ;)

Comment

Hey, the wallet takes precedence over the heart when it comes to football gambling
          wish i could figure that out

Comment

Working...
          X