Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REDSKINS AT SEAHAWKS - WHO DO YOU LIKE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REDSKINS AT SEAHAWKS - WHO DO YOU LIKE???

NFL PLAYOFFS
    REDSKINS AT SEAHAWKS
    1/05/08
    4:30 PM EST
    This is a tough game to handicap, mostly because of the difference in these two teams schedule. If we handicap this game statistically, it would be a no brainer in favor of the Seahawks.

Just take a look at our trustworthy yards per point numbers, for the Skins on the Road, and for the Seahawks at home.

Skins a terrible 18.2 on offense and 14.2 on defense for a -4

Seahawks 13.3 and 22.1 for a +8.8

Edge to Seattle by almost 13 points folks.

But we have to take a look at both teams schedules here. Schedule strength in the NFL isn't the same as College football. The margin between the best and the worst in the NFL is thin. These are, after all, the very best players in the world.

Still, it may apply to this game. The Redskins play a tough NFC East schedule, filled with playoff teams. To start, they get the Cowboys twice, The Giants twice, both playoff teams and even the Eagles twice which is no walk in the park. But it doesn't end there. They also played the Packers, Patriots and Tampa Bay, all playoff teams, and had to win at Minnesota, almost a playoff team just to get here.

When you look at the Seahawks, you don't see anything close to a schedule like the Skins. To start with, they get the Rams, 49ers, and Cardinals twice. They also played the Bengals, Bears, Panthers, Falcons and Ravens. They only played two playoff teams all year, a win over Tampa in the first game of the season and a shut out loss at Pittsburgh back in early October.

The Redskins have essentially been playing playoff games for the last month, having to win to get in. The Seahawks have been on cruise control with no real pressure, finishing up against the Panthers, Ravens and Falcons, resting players in the finale. They clinched their division back in the beginning of December!

The Seahawks rate the edge at QB with Hasselbeck, who is playoff and Super Bowl tested while Skins QB Todd Collins hadn't started a game since 1997 before being called to duty a few weeks ago. But, to his credit, Collins has delivered, while both teams have been running the ball effectively.

Our selection here is going to be on the Skins. They have played a very tough schedule, with decent results. With the exception of the Patriots, no one has been able to put this team away. The Skins even went into Green Bay and lost by just a field goal. They play close games. They pound the ball, try to control the clock and keep the opposing offense off the field, while limiting their opponents to less then 20 points per game just about every time they take the field. We'd be very surprised if the Seahawks are able to do what only the Pats have done all year, beat the Skins convincingly.

There is still a +4 or two out there at -115 and we'll look to take all the points we can here.

1* REDSKINS +3.5

being a cowboys fan i have seen a lot of the skins and i still really dont have a handle on that team

i dont have any gut feeling...but public all over washington here

gun to my head - i take the points...but i passed

did the following 6.5pt tease:

wash +10
    SD -2.5

i think wash can keep it close if not win outright...and i think Tenn is in trouble

GLTA

CF2

Comment

Going with the Skins in this one too.

Seattle is classicly weak and soft in these spots and the Skins are playing better in my opinion. Nothing scientific in my picks, just gut!

Comment

i am taking seattle with the over. biggest home field advantage anywhere and skins have been in "playoffs" for 3 weeks already. seattle will throw all over creation. collins untested for the $$...nice run for washington, but it ends here

Comment

WASHINGTON at SEATTLE(4) 40...
          was 7-1-1 ats off a su win of more than 10pts s 04.
          was 17-5 ats as road dogs of 3.5-6.5pts s 96.
          was 6-0 su + ats and 0-6 under in wildcard games s 82.
          was 0-6 under in last 6 playoff games overall s 92.
          sea 2-6 ats after scoring 40pts or more s 02.
          series...last 4 series games at seattle have gone 0-4 under s 92.
          SYSTEMS...wildcard teams getting or giving less than 8pts who won thier regular season finale by 9pts or more are 5-25-2 ats...(0-12-2 ats if thier opponent is off a su loss). WASHINGTON
          ................wildcard games have gone 2-13 under if either team is off a su win of 17pts or more in thier regular season finale s 00. UNDER
          RATINGS #...WASH BY 1 (3-3 ATS LAST 6)

Comment

Monroe where did you find that info?

Comment

redskins +3.5 and over 38.5

good luck and enjoy the game guys.

Jeff

Comment

Redskins are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 vs. NFC.

REDSKINS TO WIN THE GAME IN A SHOOT OUT

Comment

Originally posted by jpehl
                  Monroe where did you find that info?

there's a dude on another board that posts this info. I have no idea where he gets it... I just steal it from him.

Comment

Working...
                  X