Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hoops Starting Jan.8---

Will update my record later.

All college hoops capper, please share your thoughts in this thread if you would like....

Tuesday:

UNI +9 over Iliinois State

SIU/Bradley UNDER 130

Back later with some comments on these.

Adding:

Witchita State +5 at Mizzou State...Going to try to go against MSU again here with a better team and the points.

OVER 137.5 St. Marys/Fresno St...See this one in the 70's for both teams.

ML Parlay:

Georgetown pk -350
    St.Marys pk -175

Comment

NBA play:

12-4 NBA YTD:

Memphis +6 over LA Lakers

Comment

Well here are a few plays...i didn't look at these as much as normal so i'm not as confident in them..but based on what I know about the teams and a minimal review this is what i came up with. There are quite a few games that i liked:

Like these the most:
        Indiana -10...I just don't see Michigan keeping this one close
        Baylor -15.5...Think Baylor runs away with this one
        So Miss -5....Think they get it done vs a subpar UCF
        Mich St -13...They will win by 10...13 is only a few free throws away
        St. Mary's -3.5.....I think this might be my favorite of the day...Fresno has played very well but I think St. Mary's takes out a little revenge on them after their loss to Texas. This is a statement game for St. Mary's

I like these enough to put money on them..albeit a small amount:
        Wichita St 5 Pretty evenly matched game. I think they lose..but by less than 5
        St. Johns 12 Uconn has struggled at times and St. Johns has played some decent ball against decent opponents...i see this game in the 8-12 pt range in favor of Uconn...could go either way with free throws/desperation 3's at the end of the game

The rest of the games are too iffy for me..the line is either too close or too many points to be comfortable with.

Comment

woodee
          Seems like a lot on Lakers tonight.
          Memphis has covered the last 3 against the lakers.
          Lakers haven't blown too many teams out on the road and hopefully there looking past the grizzlies with their matchup with the Hot hornets.

My book has Memphis at 6.5 now
          good luck

Comment

Well 2-3 on the games i liked the most. I threw a 3 unit play on indiana and a 3 unit play on st. mary's who both got it done. Had the rest in a 3 unit if bet and after i got the first part wrong it didn't bet the rest of my losers which saved me. I didn't get to see much for stats from any of the games but i do have this to pass along. I watched the Indiana/Michigan game and even though Indiana is a far superior team they were very sloppy with the ball and on the offensive end. Then with less that 6 mins to play and a 20 point lead it looked like they stopped playing. They weren't hustling any more..and because of it allowed michigan to get it back to a 12 point game. Lucky for me Michigan fouled and Ind hit both free throws..it was back to 14 and a UM miss and Ind covered..if only barely. But I noticed that Indiana with the big lead got lazy, and even more sloppy then they already were. Of concern also is that Michigan put the full court press on them and Indiana had an extremely difficult time beating this. Now I know they were slacking off at this point..but look to go against them in the future against a team that likes to employ the full court press. Now, on the Michigan side of the ball-they are just awful at shooting..and they proved this again last night. However, the one thing I did notice is that they never stopped playing hard even when they were down 20 with 2 mins to play. They ended up losing by 14..but had the Ind player missed some free throws and UM hit another three this game would have been single digits. Pretty hard to believe considering how much better Indiana is than Michigan. Any 15+ lines I look to take Michigan. No doubt they will lose..but if they fight like they did against Indiana they could very easily get the game to around 10 for an easy cover. Any Indiana games where they have to cover more than 10 are iffy for me now after watching them try to coast to a victory and almost not cover.

Comment

Good stuuf on that game. I watched a bit of it too and ended up playing a small play on Indy too.

My other plays split out that I posted here. I played a couple others that all lost. Tough night.

One that I played on the overnight is Pitt -3 at Southe Florida. Think they bouce back after their loss the other day.

Comment

Kinda rethinking that Pitt play....I see a toughg game and that may be a total 'square' play with them being ranked and all.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Going to play the ealy game--Starts at 12 eastern.

Richmond +5 over Lasalle

New Orleans -8 over Denver...normal start time but think this line will rise.

Comment

South Fl should have the rebounding edge and the points in the paint edge. I think they can keep it close..but I just don't know if they are good enough to win. Basically if they don't win or hit a last second 3 to get it within 2 points..pitt should cover simply because of fouls down the stretch. Its hard to say who will come out on top since Pitt has played poorly of late and has a few injured stars but I think Pitt should get it done..they are the better team and if they play like it they will cover. For the early game I took Richmond on the money line. Hard to understand why Lasalle is favored here..possibly only because they are at home? I like Richmond all day ATS and even like them enough to take it on the money line. Haven't looked at the rest of the days games yet.

Comment

Just final -
                      Richmond wins by 1 in Triple OT...I can only assume that this game was a great one to watch. At least they pulled it out. Good start to the day!

Comment

NBA 12-5
                        CBB 42-40

year to date at www.freesportsmonitor.com

Going to let er rip tonight. Feel I have been capping well, just not getting any breaks.

CBB 9:00PM Davidson -12 at Elon....Definite class of the conference here. Blow-out City.

CBB 8:00PM Alabama Birmingham at Tulane -2 ...Don't really knwo here, but going with the home team and short points.

CBB 8:00PM Mississippi +9 at Tennessee...I see this game being close but hope its not too much and one of those trap games.

CBB 8:00PM Denver at New Orleans -8...Dever horrible away from home. NO is a good team.

CBB 7:30PM Pittsburgh -2 at South Florida..Sting with my gut and the better D. Think Pitts is solid and extra edge off a loss.

CBB 7:00PM Fordham at Duquesne -10 ...Dukes are covering and running and gunning. Ride them while you can.

CBB 7:00PM Rhode Island +3 at Dayton...Dayton and Akron palyed a close one last week. RI is better than Akron I think. SU win.

CBB 12:00PM Richmond +5 at La Salle WIN

May have a play or opinion on the Iowa/OSU game later. Tough call but Hawks are young and have no identity to win on the road yet.

Comment

Plays I like today:

College
                          New orleans -8 vs denver with ya on that 1 wooddee
                          Miss +9 @ Tenn this game would be a tossup at PK I 'll take the points
                          AZ @ AZ State-2 they are just playing better than their interstate rival

NBA
                          Detroit +2 bounce back against big D
                          Lal @ New Orleans Over 206 both teams are running right now
                          GS ML @ Portland payback tonight
                          good luck

Comment

Like duquesne too, Fordham is week. More of a play aginst than play for Duq.
                            good luck

Comment

here are the plays for today:
                              My favorite play of the day was Richmond..only dog i liked on the ML today.

Here are some other dogs i like:
                              Iowa +13
                              UAB +2

Favorites:
                              ODU -2.5
                              William & Mary -2.5
                              UMass -3.5
                              Georgia -1.5
                              Pitt -2.5

Comment

Working...
                              X