COLLEGE HOOPS Discussion- Week of Jan.14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COLLEGE HOOPS Discussion- Week of Jan.14th

Short card on Monday--Nothing really jumps off the board at me. Should be a good one between pitt/GTown.

Gonzaga-13 1/2 @ Pepperdine
    Zags have played stiffer competition and faired better than Pep. was blown out by BYU and Memphis. Common opp in Northridge, Zags won 26, while pep lost 8 both on their home floor.

The only thing that worries me is its on espn and Pepp maybe give extra effort for that.
    good luck

Comment

I really like GTown today..i think they will really take down pitt. pitt is good enough to play with and beat most teams...but Gtown is a on another level. I think they win by at least 10..making an easy cover. Only concern is that its on pitts home floor and its on espn. The only other game i'm mildly considering is taking Oklahoma with the points..but its tough to take the points against kansas when they have fairly consistently beaten the spread plus they are at home. This game is also on ESPN and could be a big effort from Oklahoma..or just enough to keep it under the spread..this one right now is too iffy for me..but a few points one way or the other and i may like the side that the line is moving away from.

Comment

Tempted to get on Okie tonight--KU is good but I think we are getting some vlaue on Okie with that home loss on Saturday.

line is +15.5 now--may wait and see what happens.

Also looking at San Jose State +7 at Hawaii too.

Other than that, probabyl will pass on Pitt and Gt and see what happens for future plays. Tough game to call--Think GT is better but home court is a factor for Pitt.

Comment

Pitt took it to Gtown...however..Gtown didn't help themselves shooting 3-19 from three. Pitt out hustled and out rebounded a gtown team that looked like they didn't want to be there. Also stayed away from the Kansas game..although the line has come all the way down to 14.5 from 17...this is more of where i'd like to take kansas..but i'm going to stay away and lick my wounds.

Comment

I grabbed Okie at +15.5.

Comment

Okie got Smoked--KU is damn good and better at home.

I played San Jose too, but I forgot to post after I put it in at FSM and at my book. They lost but covered.

I am a bit off on the hoops right now, but hope to bounce back. I think the lines are tight and right on and tougher to cap.

Nothing really jumps out at me today but will take a look. May step back to a 1/2 unbit on my plays for a bit until I get a decent streak going. Right now I am losing juice.

Comment

Zags ez Cover as they were up 23 at the break and added 12 more in the 2nd half. The line went against me all day dropping to 11 1/2.
                good luck

Comment

Like today:

5PM S.Ill @ Evansville +6. 1/2(I think line moves against me will wait.)

S. Ill 0-6 on road, Home team has won L6 and other reasons.

6PM Nebraska -3 @ Colorado
                  good luck

Comment

Nice call on the Zags...Almost pulled the trigger on them but didn't get back to the computer in time.

I like that Evansville play too--They played tough last time out on the road vs. Illinois State who is a tough team (5-0). SIU is not as good as years past.

One play I played so far is UNI -1 vs. Creighton. Creightom off road game and UNI is tough at home historically. Like the short number here with the home team.

Comment

My play for today is on Nebraska -2.5 at Colorado. Colorado isn't very good and Nebraska is coming off a bad loss and are most likely going to need to make a statement that they are for real. I think they try to run it up tonight if they can. I don't know how good Nebraska really is yet after the beating they just took..but there is no doubt that they are better than Colorado. Again a concern is that Colorado is playing at home. I usually don't like to go against the home team but when the road team is clearly better and with a small line..its hard not to. However, 3 of these same situation games in a row have burned me as Texas, Vandy, and Gtown got hammered with a small line on the road when they were supposed to be the better team. We will see what happens tonight. I might have a few other games that I play on but the only one I really like is Nebraska.

Comment

Adding:

Colorado +3 vs. Nebraska...Going with the Home dog. I have said that I think the Buffs are soft but I alos think the Huskers are not prepared for a big 12 road game. Juts a 1/2 unit on this as I wait to see how the Big 12 will unfold.

Other Big 12 action--Not playing but will give my opinion.

Baylor -6 vs. Okie State...I don;t really know how good this Baylor team is. I thought they would blow Iowa State away the other night but did not cover the 11. Okie State is not as strong as usual either. Good game to pass on although I see some guys on Baylor.

I am going to zero in on the Big 12 and see if I can pick some winners. Its my fav conference and I follow it quite closely. Excluding Kansas, I think this will be a tight conf. with some close games. Okie looks to be down a bit from last nights game with KU. We will see how they react.

Saty tuned for more Big 12 comments as we go. I am keeping tight records on them and maybe I can throw out a few winners soon.

Comment

We musted posted at the same time but exactly opposote plays onthe Colorado/Neb game.....I went small on it as colorado has bit me in the ass this year. But they did pull this one out.

UNI got smoked at home.

Baylor won and covered at home vs. Okire State.

Back with more BIG 12 info later. Looking at ISU/Mizzou the closest.

Comment

0-2 not good, Buffs gave more effort than I've seen, they were hustling after loose balls better.

Nothing jumps out at me for a big card thats strange.

Dayton give 6 to Umass may be a little too high, Dayton may be over valued now. But hard not to roll with them here as there are super hot. will look at this some more and may have other picks later.
                            good luck

Comment

Playing Air Force +3 at Wyoming...Even match up and Falcons have better D. Like grabbing th points here--Think it should be a pick'em.

Other than that, Kind of a blah card today...May look at UMass at home vs. Dayton too.

Comment

Working...
                              X