Daily Baseball Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Baseball Discussion

Thought I would start a new fresh thread. Please post your baseball plays and thoughts here.

Early Monday play-

KC +170 over T Bay... Red hot Rays vs. Royals...Going against the grain with a nice dog price. Worth a shot with meche on the mound.

Royals blew it and then came back, Wow! I actaully got a break! Remind of that when I bitch next time.

Monday Night--

Philly/Mets UNDER 11..Pedro/Eaton...Obvious over here on the surface but I think Pedro pitches well tonight. Watched the total and when it went to 11 I jumped on board.

Oak/Seattle UNDER 8..Washburn and Eveland both have out together a decent few outings and both teams struggle to score.

Thats all and please not I have cut my unti wagers down quite a bit lately so I am not all that confident in my baseball capping but watching and passing more will help in the long run.

Almost played--
    Mets, Astros, Marlins, Twins but they did not make the cut.

Comment

Tuesday July 8 -
      Oakland RL -1.5 +110 vs Seattle - (Duchscherer 9-5, 1.96 vs Silva 4-10, 5.85) The pitching matchup here heavily favors Oakland. Duchscherer is 6-2 in his last 8 starts and has only given up 10 runs and 33 hits total in those 8 games. And he can go deep into a game as he has averaged 7.2 innings in those same games. Silva is 1-8 in his last 9 starts and has only made it past the 6th inning 3 times in that period. He's given up 43 runs on 75 hits in only 46 innings over those same 9 starts.
      Kansas City +114 vs Chicago White Sox - (Davies 3-1, 4.71 vs Contreras 7-6, 4.02) The White Sox have been struggling on the road lately as they have only won 3 road games in their last 13 trys. Tampa Bay threw a little cold water on the Royals hot streak in winning 3 of the 4 games, but Kansas City did win the final game of the series last night. And Davis has hit a little bump with a couple shaky starts in his last 3 starts after 4 stellar starts. But Contreras has only earned the 'W' once in his last 5 starts himself. Will stick with the underdog Royals though based on Chicago's recent road woes.
      Florida +109 @ Padres - (Miller 5-7, 4.98 vs Wolf 5-8, 4.59) Hard to go with the Pads who have scored 2 runs or less in 7 of their last 10 games, and 3 runs or less in 11 of their last 14 games. Wolf has lost 4 starts in a row in giving up 16 runs on 26 hits in only 17 innings, lasting an average of only 4.2 innings over those 4 starts. Miller hasn't fared much better in the 'W' department but, as a comparison, has only given up 12 runs in his last 30 innings over his last 5 starts, and has averaged 6 innings per start. Florida held the Pads to only 1 run on 5 hits last night in a 3-1 win and have won 3 of the 4 matchup this year.

3 team parlay
      Angels -126 @ Texas - (Saunders 12-4, 3.04 vs Matt Harrison NR) Will go with Saunder's as he goes for win # 13 vs rookie Harrison making his 1st MLB start.
      Pirates -119 vs Houston - (Snell 3-7, 5.99 vs Backe 5-9, 5.22) Houston still in the tank with 6 losses in their last 7 games. Pittsburgh back home where they have a decent 26-19 record vs Houston's 19-28 road record. Backe has given up a staggering 22 HR's this year in only 101.2 innings, or 1 every 4.2 innings.
      Cubs -160 vs Cincinnati - (Dempster 9-3, 3.24 vs Harang 3-10, 4.47) Harang is 1-5 with 4 no decisions over his last 10 starts. The Reds are coming off 4 home wins in a row vs lowly Washington but now hit the road where they are only 17-28 this year. Chicago is back home again after a lengthy road trip to where they own a MLB leading 30-10 home record. Chicago is 10-0 this year when Dempster startsat home.

Comment

went 2-1 yesterday with the Mets Under blowing up for 19 runs. Makes me feel great about that call!

here what I got tonight--More gut than analysis.

Texas +110 over LAA

Twins +150 over BoSox

Astros +100 over Pitts

Tigers/A's ML Parlay

Nats +138 over DBacks

More of a dog route tonight. That s the main idea I was going for...Lets get some winners!

Comment

Thursday July 10

White Sox +102 @ Kansas City - (Buehrle 6-7, 3.91 vs Greinke 7-5, 3.62) The White Sox have won 4 games in a row, including 2 road games for a change, and are 12-3 their last 15 games. The Royals have lost 2 in a row, 5 of their last 6 and 7 of 9. The Sox jumped all over Greinke 5 weeks ago in Chicago, tagging him for 8 runs on 9 hits, including 4 dingers, in just 6 innings. Chicago is 5-0 vs the Royals this year.
          Tampa Bay +107 @ Cleveland - (Sonnanstine 10-3, 4.31 vs Laffey 4-5, 3.49) - The Indians have now lost 10 in a row, 13 of 15 and 16 of 20. The Rays have dropped 3 in a row after a hot stretch that saw them go 17-4, however, they have only lost more than that one time this year, a 4 game slide during the first 2 weeks of the season. Tampa Bay has won all 7 of Sonnanstine's last 7 starts.

3 team parlay -
          Angels -138 @ Texas - (Lackey 6-2, 1.93 vs Feldman 3-3, 4.39) - Going with the Angels in the rubber game of the 4 game series with John Lackey going. The Angels have won in 6 of Lackey's last 7 starts.
          Arizona -144 @ Washington - (Haren 8-5, 2.83 vs Bergmann 1-6, 4.15) - Going with Haren, who has only given up 8 runs total over his last 8 starts, over injury-riddled, low-scoring Nats.
          Tampa Bay +107 @ Cleveland - (Sonnanstine 10-3, 4.31 vs Laffey 4-5, 3.49)

Comment

Going to play the Over 11.5 in the cubs/giants today. I think Marquis gives up a bunch with the rumors flying that he is heading out of town.

Plus the cubs can score and the wind is blowing out.

Comment

Or not. Bad call!

Like the Cards -110 tonight over Pirates..Lohse must go.

Comment

Saturday

Toronto +105 vs NYY - ( Litsch 8-5, 4.01 vs Rasner 4-7, 4.94)

Comment

More Saturday - July 12

Didn't have time for the Toronto/Yankee write-up. Basically don't think much of Rasner, so going with the more consistent starter at home and as a dog.

Dodgers/Marlins UN 7.5 -105 - (Kuroda 5-6, 3.39 vs Nolasco 10-4, 3.74) - Nolasco has only given more than 3 earned runs twice in his last 15 starts. In his last 6 starts he's only given up 9 runs total. Kuroda has thrown 2 complete game shutouts in his last 4 starts, plus a 7 inning W where he gave up no runs on 5 hits. If both are on today it should be a very low scoring game.

2 team parlay #1

Mets -131 vs Colorado - (Martinez 3-2, 6.86 vs Jimenez 4-8, 4.21) Mets are hot winning 7 in a row. Rockies a very poor 14-34 away vs Mets 26-18 home record.
                  Philadelphia/Arizona OV 9.5 -105 - ( Eaton 3-7, 5.20 vs Johnson 5-7, 5.18) Two pitchers that can give up runs in bunches. Johnson has given up at least 7 runs 3 times in his last 5 starts. Eaton has given up at least 6 twice in his last 4 starts.

2 team parlay #2 -

Kansas City -130 vs Seattle - (Meche 6-9, 4.67 vs Washburn 4-8, 5.03) - Mariners have lost 5 of 6 and have been a terrible road team at 17-30. Meche has been solid lately, especially at home where he has only given up 3 runs total his last 3 starts.
                  Houston -113 @ Washington - (Rodriguez 3-3, 3.23 vs Balester 1-1, 5.06) - It's amazing that Washington can even field a team with the injuries they have. They won last night but they have only won 2 games in a row twice in their last 37 games. Even as bad as Houston is playing this ought to be worth a shot.

Comment

Working...
                  X