Super Bowl XLIII - It's hee-ere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl XLIII - It's hee-ere!

Boy, the 2 weeks went by quick this year it seems. Maybe because I don't watch TV or read the paper anymore. I am on the internet a lot, so I do read a bit, but this year I have stayed away from any hype.
    I've seen it written many times that in the majority of cases in the NFL, if you can pick the outright, or SU, winner you will also pick the ATS winner. I think it works out that way in over 65% of the cases anyway. Here's a few interesting facts that I picked up from various sources.

33 SB's have had one team win the turnover margin. The team that gets more turnovers has gone 30-3 SU (the other games had an 'even' TO ratio). This stat has evidently been more influential than every other stat except one......QB rating. The team with the highest QB rating in the SB has gone 40-2 SU. You can't really just look at the regular season, though, without taking into consideration that the Cards played the 22nd toughest schedule and Pittsburgh played the 4th toughest. Plus the Cards played their home games where weather is not a factor (as well as several of their road games).
    Back to TO margin....during the regular season and playoffs this year, Arizona and Pittsburgh have combined to go 24-1 SU and 20-5 ATS when they win or tie the TO margin.
    When the Cards commit 2 TO's or more, they have gone just 3-7 SU and 4-6 ATS. When the Steelers commit 2 or fewer TO's, they were 14-0 SU and 11-3 ATS.
    So it appears that the Cards are in trouble turning the ball over twice, but the Steelers aren't really in trouble until they've turned it over 3 times. Considering Warner's propensity to turn the ball over under pressure, Pittsburgh's stellar pass rush and secondary and the fact that Arizona led the NFL in fumbles lost this year, I would have to say that the possibility of Arizona having 2 or more TO's is pretty good. Warner should be putting it in the air a lot as they likely won't have much of a running game going. And especially if Pittsburgh gets a lead. And I just can't see Pittsburgh not taking care of the ball well enough to have more than 2 themselves.
    As for QB rating, Big Ben will be facing one of the 'easier' defenses he's faced this year and Warner will likely be facing his toughest.

After filtering out all the clutter, I still think Pitts is the play here.

Its easy to find value with the dog, but I think the Steelers mare just too good overall in all aspects of the game for the Cards.

My plays are:

Pitt -6.5 (-115)

Pitt pk/ OVER 39...7point tease

Yes, Larry Fitzgerald scores a TD. +105

Yes, there will be a special teams/defensive touchdown, +145. As recommended in the BW key release.

Good luck on whatevr you play! Hopefully its a good game until the end and then Pitt wins by 7!

have a good one guys. Going to crack my first beer and fry up some wings for the party!

Comment

Here is my Super Bowl Prediction.

AZ Cards: 23
      Pitt Steelerers: 20

OVERTIME

Steelers go-up 10-0.

Cards score a TD 10-7 and then kick a surprise on-side kick and get the ball back. Oh that tricky Whiz.

Score a TD take the lead 14-10 going into half time.

Steelers come out the 2nd half and score a TD 17-14.

Cards comeback and score a FG. 17-17.

Pitt kicks a FG with :43 left in game. 20-17.

Cards get a solid kick return and Boldin catches a pass out of bounds to the 29 yard line setting-up a 46 game tying FG. 20-20.

Pitt wins the coin toss and is driving the ball when he throws a INT to DRC on 3rd and 8.

Cards gets two first downs and kicks 42 yard FG to win the game.

Boldin is the MVP with 10 Catches and 127 Yards 1 TD.

Comment

Okay after flipping and flopping many times I think I have finally come to the conclusion that Pitt-7 will be the play. Still taking a look at the total. Good luck to everyone!
        jpehl

Comment

Al Michaels cracks me up. Do these guys think we aren't paying attention? As they are reviewing that play at the end of the half he says something like, "well, the interesting thing is...it's either a TD or the half is over! There's no time left. So if it doesn't count it would be a 3 pt lead instead of 10." Duh!!!

Comment

Nice calls on the Props and your tease Woodee.............That was the best, and most exciting 4th quarter I've seen in any Super Bowl, and I've seen them all.........What a great finish !!!!.........See you guys next year !!
            ;)

Comment

Working...
            X