College Hoops Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hoops Thursday

Been right on the past couple nights, so hopefully that continues.

UAB +4.5 over Memphis...Lots of hype on this one saying that 'the streak' could end tonight. I have not techinically pulled the trigger on this one, but I probably will. Its either gone to be one where UAB wins, or a teser line and memphis comes out with a chip on their shoulder and blows them out by 20. I am digging into it now and will let you know if I make it a play. I see the line rising in all day and if I play it, it will be late.

Miami-Oh -1 over Ohio....Miami was suppsed to be better this year. I think they may turn it on here at the end and come out as the MAC's top team.

Minny +7.5 over Illinois...Sorry Carpet but I am not sold on the illini here, even at home. Think this one is a close game with Illonis 'maybe' winning late. I would look at Minny on the ML too.

may be back later with my final thoughts on that mem/uab game and some others.

I like:
    Montana +2 @ N. Colorado - Montana is 11-4 and in 2nd place in the conference behind 12-1 Weber State. Montana is 8-2 in their last 10 games (all in conference) with the only 2 losses to Weber State. 12 days ago, in a similar road spot, they beat N. Arizona by 19.
    Washington -3.5 vs Arizona St. - Arizona St. is coming off of 3 huge home wins in a row vs UCLA, a revenge game vs USC and then 3 days ago vs in-state rival Arizona. Good spot for a slight let-down. Washington is tough at home (14-1 with the only loss a 3OT game vs Stanford) and have already handled the Sun Devils on the road by 13. Their last 4 home wins have been by 5 over USC, 11 over UCLA, 19 over Oregon St and 19 over Oregon.
    UC Irvine +6 @ Long Beach State - Cal-Irvine has stepped it up the last couple games with 2 wins in a row, including a 22 pt ass-whooping of 1st place Cal-Northridge as a home dog, followed by a 6 pt road win at Hawaii as a 6 pt dog just 3 days later. 2nd place Long Beach St., after starting conference play with 5 straight wins, is just 3-5 in their last 8, with 2 of the wins coming by just 1 pt each, and the other a 4 pt win over this same Irvine team. Long Beach may be looking ahead a bit to 1st place Cal-Northridge in just 2 days?
    Arizona +2.5 @ Washington St. - Tempted to take the Wildcats here as they are playing very well lately, winning 7 of their last 8 with the lone loss by just 2 pts. Washington St. is now just 3-7 in their last 10 games after their 81-80 road win at UCLA 5 days ago.
    St Josephs +4 vs Xavier - Xavier is 2-3 in their last 5, losing all 3 road games. St Josephs, after a 9-1 run, has lost 4 in a row. The 2 home losses were a 2 pt loss to Temple and a 1 pt loss to UMass. The 2 road losses were by just 7 and 2, so they have still been in the games.

Comment

Correction:
      Arizona +3

Comment

Ummm....well if you count last night that's still 4-5!

Comment

Working...
        X