X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 16

YTD 85-66-5 (56.2%)
    7-5 last week.

Jags -6.5. Got it before it went to -7. Rex was good last week and MDJ hurting, but MDJ's back-up Jennings(?) has looked good. Skins in meltdown mode and Jax still alive.

Bucs -6. Seattle D very bad and even Hasselback looking bad. Long road trip back east. Bucs still alive. So is Seattle, but they couldn't win at home last week.

Bucs and Seahawks over 43.5. Seattle D bad but Bucs have lost some key D players so it could be a scoring fest as both teams need it and should be going for it. Rain?

Rams -2. Another "biggest game in years" for the Saints. I'll take Spags vs Singeltary. Bradford vs whoever for SF. SF D scares me though. Could be close.

Pats -7. Bought the hook. Brady and Belichick will keep scoring. Bills put up 30+ on Pats last time. BB will make the necessary adjustments.

Pats and Bills over 44. Got this earlier. It is now 45 or 45.5. Brady likes to play in the snow! Brady and Belichick will keep scoring. Bills put up 30+ on Pats last time. BB will make the necessary adjustments.

Colts -1. Now at -1! But Oakland will be eliminated if KC wins earlier in the day.

Colts and Raiders over 47. Henne put up 30+ on Oakland in Oakland just 2 weeks ago. In comes Peyton. But Raiders looking good on offense also and Colts D is suspect, especially on the road.

Eagles and Vikings over 37.5. It may be off the board now. Blizzard. But the field is heated and Vick and McCoy and even Webb and Peterson will run wild. Field is heated so it should be clear. Might want to check field conditions first.

we'll have to revisit the eagles minny game. Could be high scoring on tuesday but the question of who will play for minny at qb will remain.

Comment

6-2!

Jags didn't show up and Skins didn't meltdown. Pats got too far ahead and sat on it and Bills couldn't contribute even garbage points. Everything else went according to plan.

Eagles action canceled.

I might quit while I'm that far ahead for the week, but leaning Falcons -2 and under 49.

Philly is -13.5 and now 40 vs Minny. Lean over 40, but better check weather and field conditions. And players may be out of sync and disturbed by the changes.

Comment

Saints/Falcons under 51.
        Yep, 51 at SportsInteraction.

I think at least the Falcons will want to go ball control. And an important, hotly-contested game like this may lead to FGs instead of TDs.

GL

Comment

That is some pretty good picking WideStrides

I took note that you layed off that Bears-Jets Game,

I would like to hear how you think the Bears Stack up this year as a team in your opinion, to me they are the worst 11-4 team out there.

Next up at GB for the Bears, Do they rest players with a clinch or do the bears play flat out and try for the 1st week bye. I think if the Bears coast into a bye before this game I would take GB to win because Chicago will rest the players.

Whats your thoughts my friend.....

Comment

Unless the Eagles lose Tuesday night, the Bears and Eagles play at the same time on Sunday, so the Bears won't be able to rest players.

You could say Green Bay will be the more desperate team. Seems that players playing for a better seed, or even for a week off aren't as desperate or motivated as a team that is facing elimination.

That said, the line may reflect that as well as Green Bay's home field advantage and their blowout win last week vs. the Giants.

No line yet. Not sure why, but it may be more than 4. Could even be 6? I'd take GB at -3, maybe -4 but no play if it is more.

I agree, the Bears could be over-rated. Did that OL really improve that much from when Cutler was getting sacked and running for his life? You can't argue with what they did against what was supposed to be a good Jet D.

GL

Comment

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]1-0 tonight on the under. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]7-2 on the week. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]

Easy under as that was a great tightly contested game as expected.

[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]I like the Saints' chances to repeat.[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] [/COLOR]
              [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Drew Brees was awesome, even after throwing those couple picks.[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] [/COLOR]
              [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]35 outta 49 for 300 yards and a TD, running for his life all night. So many weapons and wide open play calling.
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Thoughts on tonight o/u 37 game?

Comment

resteasy,

Sorry, didn't see your post in time. I was leaning over but backed off and made no play when the Total went up to 44! Looks like the under was the play.

GL

Comment

Working...
                  X