• NFL.........Wild Card...........Discussion Thread

OK guys let's have your opinions on these games:

Saturday:

Saints -10.5 @ Seattle

Jets @ Colts -2.5 and -3

Sunday:

Ravens -3 @ KC

Pack @ Phil -3

I think my best play of all of these is Philly -3. The hype from Vick and Philly has worn off a bit and now everyone is back on the Green Bay wagon. I still don't think they are that good. Thery had all the pre-season hype and are all the espn guru's wild card pick to go to the SB but I am not buying it.

Vick will come back and with the playmakers the eagles have and being at home, I'd say Philly by a TD.

Right now I see 55% on the dog Packers.

Comment

I disagree. I think Vick has been paying attention to all the attention. He's been more prone to go for the run or big play. Big drop off in the handoffs to Mcoy and that will hurt them. Look for a big play attempt in the first 2 plays by philly. Green bay knows that and will play for it.
      Eagles secondary is a bit beat up and aaron rodgers can pass it. Vick can be stopped, it's been shown and proven by the giants and the bears replicated that success.
      I expect a really good game and while the packers aren't the best the eagles were 1 punt out of bounds away from either being wild card or out of the playoffs and people overlook that too.

Comment

Packers D under Dom Capers playing better than Giants or Bears D. Vick still sore and Clay Matthews will be after him all day. And BJ Raji will be coming up the middle. Aaron Rodgers will light up a depleted Eagle Defense missing Bradley in the middle and a couple in the secondary. Even Eli had a field day against that CB Paterson guy.

I like Baltimore to beat KC. Have you seen KC's schedule? Very weak. Cassel has looked awful when I have seen him. Raiders slapped that KC OL around and put a hurt on Cassel. Ravens D is better than the Raiders and so is their O. But Harbaugh plays conservative and lets teams hang around. And Arrowhead will certainly be rocking and Chiefs will bring their A game this week. Just don't think that will be enough against a hungry Ravens team. Could very well be a 31-10 or 17-13 kind of game.

GL

Comment

Not sure which Jets team shows up. If I'm Indy, I stack the line and make Sanchez throw it. It may go under 3 to -2.5 making Indy very tempting.

Saints should romp, especially if it is Whitehurst. Could be a shutout. They nearly shut out the Falcons in Atlanta! Saints D will not be as generous and soft as the Rams were. Now if it is cold and raining and windy and the fans are rocking, that could make covering 10.5 a bit hairy, but I'd still lean that way.

GL

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
            Packers D under Dom Capers playing better than Giants or Bears D. Vick still sore and Clay Matthews will be after him all day. And BJ Raji will be coming up the middle. Aaron Rodgers will light up a depleted Eagle Defense missing Bradley in the middle and a couple in the secondary. Even Eli had a field day against that CB Paterson guy.

I like Baltimore to beat KC. Have you seen KC's schedule? Very weak. Cassel has looked awful when I have seen him. Raiders slapped that KC OL around and put a hurt on Cassel. Ravens D is better than the Raiders and so is their O. But Harbaugh plays conservative and lets teams hang around. And Arrowhead will certainly be rocking and Chiefs will bring their A game this week. Just don't think that will be enough against a hungry Ravens team. Could very well be a 31-10 or 17-13 kind of game.

GL

Yes...KC won just 1 game vs a team with a winning record and that was the 1st game of the season against 9-7 San Diego. Other than that they beat CLE 5-11, SF 6-10, JAX 8-8, BUF 4-12, ARI 5-11, SEA 7-9, DEN 4-12, STL 7-9 and TEN 6-10. Total record of all wins except S.D. 52-92.
            I have not been impressed with the Colts and I think the Jets cover if not win SU.
            I like GB to cover as they are playing very well right now, and all 6 of their losses have been by 4 pts and under (3,3,3,3,4,4) with 2 going to OT.
            I like Seattle at home to cover. Hasselbeck was 32 of 44 for 366 yds and a TD in the previous match-up at N.O., and the Saints won't have either Pierre Thomas or Chris Ivory. Seattle is a very tough place to play. The Saints have traveled out west twice this season barely beating S.F. and losing to the Max Hall led Cards.

Comment

The Bears knew that allowing Green Bay into the playoffs was going to be a mistake, they are viewed as the most dangerous team out there as the last to get in. The Bears played the Starters the whole game to try and keep the Pack out but it didnt work.

I like GB they are peaking at the right time

Comment

I am sick of hearing about GB being the hot team...I still think they lose in Philly. Maybe I am wrong but GB is the talk of the playoffs now and besodes last week, they have laid quite a few eggs. No running game will hurt them in the long run. Just my opinion.

My Play of the weekend is a ML parlay:

Philly even
                New Orleans even
                appx. -115 odds on it.

Also going to tease NY Jets to +10 with Baltimore +4 in a 2-teamer.

Comment

I see a prop out there for Bress passing yards O/U 295.5

He lit the Hawks up for 380+ a few weeks back. Seattle's secondary is pourous at best. They allowed 31 passing TDs and 3 passing TDs in 6 of their last 9 games. With a lack of rushing attack, I can easily see Drew picking them apart.

Granted there is a 40-50% of showers during the game, there will be no wind. With Brees' accuracy and midwest college days, I am not expecting the weather to prevent the passing game.

I'm on the OVER

Comment

Especially considering no Pierre Thomas or Chris Ivory. I doubt if they hand off to RB's 27 times like the last matchup with Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                      The Bears knew that allowing Green Bay into the playoffs was going to be a mistake, they are viewed as the most dangerous team out there as the last to get in. The Bears played the Starters the whole game to try and keep the Pack out but it didnt work.

I like GB they are peaking at the right time
                      GB is for real and the Bears made a big mistake letting this team into the playoffs

Comment

It felt good to sweep the freaking board! Too bad the Saints lost SU, or I would have hit the wild card 4 team prop that was 8 to 1.

I'm telling you Carpet, it's going to be Bears/Packers NFC Championship game in 2 weeks. It'll be freaking insane, football armagedden!

Comment

It felt even better following your picks ty

Comment

Working...
                          X