Laxfo need ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laxfo need ruling

I do know the site has been down and you are in charge. I have no problem with whatever you do, so let me make that clear. I would just hate that say, Widestrides has been trying and gave up because it was past time. So, I say if all get their picks in, fine extend the time. Otherwise squash it or just go by the original rules.. Just my opinion and I don't care either way.

Due to extenuating circumstances today only (Betterorsworld site down for 45 min – 1 hr this am), as long as post game selection was made before kickoff it counts.

RR
    Did widestrides provide you with his pick this am before kickoff. If so, becuase of the above, he should go ahead and post it ASAP.

laxsfo99

Comment

According to my clock, game is jus ready to start.

laxsfo99

Comment

Laxfo, no I haven't heard from Widestrides.. Just hate he may have gave up because he thought rules are rules and didn't get his pick in. He always posts, so ????? Hey, it is your show and I am 100% behind your ruling if that is what you think is fair. RR84

Comment

Widestrides:

If you're out there somewhere in internet land, did you e-mail your pick to Jeff?
          If so, post it and I'm sure Jeff will confrim.

Comment:
          This occurred a couple of years on this site with the NFL weekly contest and folks sent their posts to Jeff. I assume widestides knows this.

laxsfo99

Comment

WideS has been around forever. I am sure he is familiar with backup plan of emailing Jeff. Jeff has chimed in plenty of times over the years of the risk of waiting till last moment to post. I'm a big fan of Wide, and I am sure he will say the same. You can't keep changing rules midstream. Site has had down problems quite a few occasions over the years, so this isn't any big surprise. Just my take, not the boss......

Comment

Your probably right Oldluds and like I said I am okay with whatever.. I was just trying to make sure everyone that had the potential to win got a fair shake... That being said, what is the protocol if the site would have stayed down past the kickoff? Just would like to know in case it were to happen again. Thanks RR84

Comment

Thanks all for looking out for me. I saw a schedule that listed the Pitt game for tonight so I wasn't worried about picking till later and wasn't on the computer this AM. I was even going to post how stupid I thought it was to have a small Bowl game opposite an NFL Playoff game. If I had started that thread, someone would have set me straight. No biggie though as I was going to take Kentucky. I wasn't sure how Pitt would respond. They were hurt that Wandstadt got "fired" and then their new coach got fired after a couple days on the job and then Wandstadt decided not to coach them in their Bowl game. Seems as though they are playing hard for their old coach and their interim coach. 27-10 in the 4th.

Comment

Wish I could use the excuse of the site being down, but I just didn't get on the computer this AM.

Comment

Unforeseen circumstances are an unfortunate part of these type of contests. When coming down to the wire, manuevering is a smart play I.E. Woodee picking same team to assure victory in college contest. But part of that risk is waiting to make pick, and having something come up, whether it be a personal issue at home that prevented you posting in time, or site going down, which has happened many times before. Those of us who have encountered that before know the option is to email Jeff at Bettorsworld. The rules clearly state, "post one hour before kickoff", not "post one hour before kickoff, unless something unforeseen comes up". It's unfortunate when it happens to stand-up guys, and especially to someone in the running for the cash. Lax was made moderator in this case, so his call. Guess one more rule we'll have to remember to add for next contest :0

Comment

I was posting same time as you Wide Told ya, there is a stand-up guy!

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
                        Wish I could use the excuse of the site being down, but I just didn't get on the computer this AM.
                        Widestrides, I really believed I had the best side today. I had no idea if you had emailed Jeff or not, or what side you were on. But felt that you should have had the opportunity to post.That being said, I was willing to squash the game if everyone that had a chance to win could not post. So, if I understand everybody right and it happens again and stays down we should email Jeff? Correct? I also agree with Oldluds that you are a stand up guy..

Comment

I might not be standing to much longer with moves like that! But it certainly doesn't sting at all since I was going to take KY. Now the other night, I was going to take Ohio State and even previewed my OSU pick, but didn't hit submit. Then I removed it and came back later and couldn't bear to root for the Buckeyes so I took Arkansas!

Comment

Working...
                          X