Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Hoops Picks/comments/insights, etc... (January)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hoops Picks/comments/insights, etc... (January)

Going to jsut keep a running thread for the month on some college hoops plays and thoughts. Not going to play many as I do not have much time to cap this time of year but I am a huge college hoops fan and like to try to beat the numbers for fun and make a few plays along the way too.

Please post here in this thread too if you are playing/capping college hoops too.

Going to try to keep a record of my plays too and try to moniitor myself here at BW monitor, www.Sports-Bettors.com

Also I have be watching BW hoops predictions at:
    http://www.bettorsworld.com/2010/col...redictions.htm.

A good resurce to see where their power ranking are for each game. I think it a good gauge as they use may factor to predict the score to each game. Been on quite a bit from what I have been watching.

Tuesday--A few leans/plays.

Kentucky -24 over Auburn...Auburn is bad.

Florida +3.5 over Tenny...pearl is suspended and UT has been all over so far. Florida can win this game on the road.

Boston College -5.5 over NC State

Other of note I like...
    Penn State +4.5 over Illinois

Comment

ILLINOIS is # 3 in the nation in Three Point shooting hitting 43.4%

Penn State is ranked 321 in the nation defending the 3 point shot allowing 39.2% of shot made from beyond the arc.

Comment

Yeah, I think I am going to pass on the PSU-Ill game. Tricky line....PSU comes off big win so we are getting a little value there as taxman noted but we don't really know if PSU is that good or not or if the MSU win was a fluke.

Got some reverse line movement on PSU too as the 82% is on ILL but the line has dropped.

Also the michigan state-wiscy game is interesting too but a tight line. I think MSU sucks myself, but Wiscy played poorly last time out vs. michigan and i do not think they are that good either. I would probably lay the 4 with MSU if I had to play it. MSU wins SU but may be close.

Comment

I am not sold on Illinois myself either...they are a thorn in my side...when I play them they suck badly but when I don't they dominate.

Comment

I am taking a look at Rutgers +12 over Uconn too. Conn may be in for a little let down after big win over texas.

Comment

That wasnt a big win over Texas, it was a LUCKY win......I watched that game.

Texas beats Illinois in OT this year, UCon beats Texas in OT at Texas No wonder its 12 points my numbers say UCON by 14

GL my friend

Comment

Wednesday---

Michigan +11 over Ohio State..Michigan is tough at home. I wouldn't be surprised with an outright upset here.

Iowa -1 over NWestern...NW is a team Iowa can beat at home. Short number here and the home team is a solid bet.

Comment

2 more

Texas A&M -7.5 over Okie State...Okie state is a different team on the road and TAM is a tough court to win on.

Kansas -9 over Iowa State...ISU's shooter Christopherson is hurting and they need his 3-ball. Said he cannot extend his arm. -9 is a gift here I think asd its a huge step up for ISU competition-wise. KU by 15+. ***Triple play***

Comment

I too like Michigan to maybe upset osu at home. Also like your Kansas play, think the line should at least be double digits.

Wichita State -3
                    George Washington -10

Comment

Add:

Hofstra -4
                      Akron -6

Comment

Nice call on Michigan. And Texas A&M is way ahead. Iowa getting hammered though. Kansas up by 6 at halftime. 2H wager?

Comment

Both my Iowa team wager's sucked!! KU could have put them away so many times but played sloppy. They are a good team and if they peak at the right time are final 4 bound.

Iowa really just blows. I do not know why I bet on them, even at home.

Comment

3 for Thursday....

NC-Greenborough +15 over Appy State

Minnesota +3 over Purdue

La tech +1.5 over San Jose State

Comment

Just the one for me:

Stanford +7.5

Comment

Working...
                              X